Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revolver Rani In Uttar Pradesh Stops Wedding, Kidnaps Groom

Go down

Revolver Rani In Uttar Pradesh Stops Wedding, Kidnaps Groom Empty Revolver Rani In Uttar Pradesh Stops Wedding, Kidnaps Groom

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed May 17, 2017 8:55 am

BUNDELKHAND (UTTAR PRADESH): She pulled up in an SUV to the wedding venue. Then, with a revolver to the groom's head, she made her point. "This man loves me, he is betraying me by marrying someone else. I will not allow this to happen."

The 25-year-old woman was accompanied by about two young men, who abducted the groom from the mandap or altar and drove away with their hostage late on Tuesday night in Bundelkhand in Uttar Pradesh.

Locals say that Ashok Yadav, the groom who is still missing, met his captor a few months ago at work. They fell in love - some allege they are secretly married - but under pressure from his family, he agreed to marry a young woman of their choice.

As the Mahindra Scorpio pulled away, the bride, Bharti Yadav, inconsolable, cursed her luck and said she would not wish a similar punishment on even enemies.

Stunned guests listened in as the groom's father, Ramhet Yadav, said, "There was definitely something suspicious about my son. When I tried to visit him in the town where he worked, he would not invite me to his home. Instead, we would meet at a temple and feed me at a food stall near there and then send me home."

The bride's family has registered a case of kidnapping for the groom. While police officials have promised justice, privately, more than one cop expressed admiration for the "Revolver Rani". "What she did shows that there are some women who can teach laundon (young boys) that they will be punished for betrayal," said one, asking not to be named.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/revolver-rani-in-uttar-pradeshs-bundelkhand-pulls-up-in-suv-grabs-groom-at-gun-point-1694604
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Revolver Rani In Uttar Pradesh Stops Wedding, Kidnaps Groom Empty Re: Revolver Rani In Uttar Pradesh Stops Wedding, Kidnaps Groom

Post by Guest Wed May 17, 2017 9:04 am

am so confused... 

1 - can't exactly call it heroism when she's bringing in the gun, and putting it to the groom's head, and kidnapping him. It's definitely criminal, unless no one presses charge? 

2 - isn't clear if he went willingly or not. Isn't clear if he will want to marry her or not. 

3 - if i were the bride, or anyone related to the bride, i would go - 'chalo bach gaye'. not sure why she cried and why HER family pressed charges.

Back to top Go down

Revolver Rani In Uttar Pradesh Stops Wedding, Kidnaps Groom Empty Re: Revolver Rani In Uttar Pradesh Stops Wedding, Kidnaps Groom

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed May 17, 2017 9:15 am

t w wrote:am so confused... 

1 - can't exactly call it heroism when she's bringing in the gun, and putting it to the groom's head, and kidnapping him. It's definitely criminal, unless no one presses charge? 

2 - isn't clear if he went willingly or not. Isn't clear if he will want to marry her or not. 

3 - if i were the bride, or anyone related to the bride, i would go - 'chalo bach gaye'. not sure why she cried and why HER family pressed charges.
seems like a face saving exercise on their part to press the charges ...  what else can they do other than do nothing?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down