Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

3 posters

Go down

See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites Empty See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Post by silvermani Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:36 pm

For too long, the liberal left has been hiding behind a guise of compassion and inclusivity. They claim to care about the forgotten man and pretend to have tolerance for people of all backgrounds, races, religions and political beliefs. Yet, time and time again, their actions prove otherwise. They portray themselves as open-minded members of society, but their tones quickly change when someone disagrees with them politically. Dare to disagree with a liberal and you will often be faced by an intolerant, uncaring and sometimes even violent person.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites Empty Re: See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:59 pm

Apparently conservative snowflakes can't tell the difference between vigorous intellectual disagreement and inciting political violence. One can be tolerant of other people while disagreeing with them about important matters. That's the essence of civilization. Conservatives should try it on for size.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites Empty Re: See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Post by silvermani Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:09 pm

Idéfix wrote:Apparently conservative snowflakes can't tell the difference between vigorous intellectual disagreement and inciting political violence. One can be tolerant of other people while disagreeing with them about important matters. That's the essence of civilization. Conservatives should try it on for size.

Yeah right.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:11 pm

silvermani wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Apparently conservative snowflakes can't tell the difference between vigorous intellectual disagreement and inciting political violence. One can be tolerant of other people while disagreeing with them about important matters. That's the essence of civilization. Conservatives should try it on for size.

Yeah right.
Yeah indeed. Tolerance and agreement are not the same thing.

tol·er·ance
ˈtäl(ə)rəns/
noun
the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.

I vehemently disagree with you, but I wholeheartedly defend your right to your own opinion. I will never threaten to attack you physically because you say things I dislike. I will never fantasize about beating you up even if I think you are saying mean things about me. This is what makes me a liberal, and this is how I am different from our predisent.

You are welcome to agree with my approach in this particular matter, or to defend his. Your choice reflects only on your character, not mine.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:12 am

Considering the way speakers have been  shutdown by libbies in campus, it doesnt speak much for their tolerance.
http://nypost.com/2014/05/29/killing-the-campuses-the-intolerance-menace/
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:12 am

Hellsangel wrote:Considering the way speakers have been  shutdown by libbies in campus, it doesnt speak much for their tolerance.
http://nypost.com/2014/05/29/killing-the-campuses-the-intolerance-menace/
I agree about that. People who oppose speakers with violence and try to shut them down are hypocrites if they call themselves liberals. You can't be a liberal if you don't support free speech, period.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down