Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minorities' issue in India vs US

3 posters

Go down

Minorities' issue in India vs US Empty Minorities' issue in India vs US

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:31 am

http://www.thedailystar.net/opinion/between-the-lines/how-unsafe-are-muslims-india-1450978

As a person of minority in the US, I'm more concerned about the safety of minorities in India under BJP administration than my own safety (as a minority) in the US under current administration. All those counter protests that took place in Boston, yesterday, are very encouraging and I don't have to worry about law enforcement looking the other way while majority folks are beating me up. I'm confident that justice system in this country would do the right thing than kowtowing the administration. I hope more & more majority folks in India rise to the occasion and protest current administration's communal politics and come out openly and tell the world that they regret voting BJP in.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Minorities' issue in India vs US Empty Re: Minorities' issue in India vs US

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:35 am

Surprising that the "minority" guys didn't go to Bangladesh and join the majority. That would have been easier for them.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Surprising that the "minority" guys didn't go to Bangladesh and join the majority. That would have been easier for them.
You mean, just as it would've been easier on you & I to go back to India than staying here and whining about Trump. Unlike those folks we're the first generation guys and have no history whatsoever in the US, unlike the minorities in India who are Indians and lived on that land for generations.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:30 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Surprising that the "minority" guys didn't go to Bangladesh and join the majority. That would have been easier for them.
You mean, just as it would've been easier on you & I to go back to India than staying here and whining about Trump. Unlike those folks we're the first generation guys and have no history whatsoever in the US, unlike the minorities in India who are Indians and lived on that land for generations.
I was referring to Burmese Muslims who came to India bypassing Bangladesh.

Chaddis are bringing old kafir statues home and are not worried about the feelings of idol-hating and pieceful guys. Pappu should attend an ifter party and protest.....

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/current-affairs/210817/24-antiquities-brought-back-by-modi-government-since-2014.html

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Shyam Sundar Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:21 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Sikhs have been in California since the early part of the twentieth century.

Shyam Sundar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:46 pm

And secular is now spelled “sickular” by the Hindutva trolls on Twitter

The bottom line, alas, is that the “sickular libtards” are in retreat, the religious minorities are being marginalized, and the people who define India as a “Hindu country” are in charge. It’s too early to say that this is an irreversible change, but it’s a radical departure from the country’s founding values. It’s still a democracy, but it’s starting to look a lot more like Pakistan.
http://www.thetelegram.com/opinion/columnists/2017/8/19/gwynne-dyer--india--changing-identities.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:38 pm

Two persons were lynched at a village in the Dhupguri block of West Bengal’s Jalpaiguri district in the early hours of August 27, 2017 under suspicion of stealing cows. Police has lodged a murder case and no one has been arrested so far.

“Hafizul Sheikh of Dhubri district in Assam and Anwar Hussain of Patlakhawa village of Cooch Behar district were beaten to death by locals at the Dadon II gram panchayat area in Jalpaiguri’s Dhupguri block,” a senior district police official told The Hindu. He also said the villagers noticed that a pick-up van carrying cows was aimlessly wandering around the area. When challenged by the villagers the van picked up speed and tried to escape, the official said
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/two-lynched-over-suspicion-of-cow-theft-in-west-bengals-jalpaiguri-district/article19570965.ece?homepage=true

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:05 pm

As many of 97 percent of these attacks were reported after Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government came to power in May 2014, and about half the cow-related violence–32 of 63 cases–were from states governed by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) when the attacks were reported, revealed our analysis of violence recorded until 25 June, 2017.
In 23 attacks, the attackers were mobs or groups of people who belonged to Hindu groups, such as the Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Bajrang Dal and local Gau Rakshak Samitis.

During the period under consideration–2010 to 2017–the first such attack occurred on 10 June, 2012, in Joga town in Mansa district, Punjab, “after carcasses of about 25 cows were found” near a factory, as The Hindureported the next day.
Of the 63 attacks over eight years, 61 (96.8 percent) occurred, as we said, after Modi’s government came to power (2014-2017), with 2016 reporting the most attacks: 25. In the first six months of 2017, 20 attacks were reported–more than 75 percent of the 2016 figure.
http://www.firstpost.com/india/cow-slaughter-row-since-2010-97-of-beef-related-violence-took-place-after-modi-govt-came-to-power-3752479.html

So, on an average an attack took place every 18 days over the past three years and one in 9 days in 2017. One person died every 40 days and yet NRI patriots do not see any issue with prevailing lawlessness

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down