Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did your parents pressure you to pursue a certain career??

3 posters

Go down

Did your parents pressure you to pursue a certain career??  Empty Did your parents pressure you to pursue a certain career??

Post by MulaiAzhagi Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:25 pm

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=224988

===> Looks like most of the complainees are ABCD kids.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Did your parents pressure you to pursue a certain career??  Empty Re: Did your parents pressure you to pursue a certain career??

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:29 pm

didn't read the link.

Is rolling eyes and saying, 'sure', whenever they say they want to become a teacher/policeman/firefighter/librarian/x-ray technician/etc same as pressuring them? In that case, aiyo. Guilty as charged.

Back to top Go down

Did your parents pressure you to pursue a certain career??  Empty Re: Did your parents pressure you to pursue a certain career??

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:36 am

MulaiAzhagi wrote:http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=224988

===> Looks like most of the complainees are ABCD kids.

Yeah...that is right... the Indian parents - to put it mildly - are stupid. Pressuring the kids will only backfire. Leave them alone and they might study just that - perhaps later on in their lives.

Or, who knows...they can be both physicists/engineers AND doctors....why not?......Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:didn't read the link.

Is rolling eyes and saying, 'sure', whenever they say they want to become a teacher/policeman/firefighter/librarian/x-ray technician/etc same as pressuring them? In that case, aiyo. Guilty as charged.

At one point, my younger son wanted to be a chef. My reaction, "Are u crazy? Don't even think abt it. No way!!!" Am I guilty of being a bad parent? Maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:12 pm

My ucle who is a district collector in anothe state told me to learn Hindi

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:My ucle who is a district collector in anothe state told me to learn Hindi

But your Tamil teacher also told you to keep away from "Dushtans" but you did not listen and became a partner in crime with your Killer Pirabhakaran.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down