Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Ramadoss wants IIT JEE to be held in Tamil also

4 posters

Go down

Dr. Ramadoss wants IIT JEE to be held in Tamil also Empty Dr. Ramadoss wants IIT JEE to be held in Tamil also

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:08 pm

http://www.dinamani.com/edition/story.aspx?&SectionName=Latest%20News&artid=561681&SectionID=164&MainSectionID=164&SEO=&Title=

===> I think he has a point.

If a kid in Bihar can take the JEE in Hindi, a similar choice should be available for kids in TN also.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Dr. Ramadoss wants IIT JEE to be held in Tamil also Empty Re: Dr. Ramadoss wants IIT JEE to be held in Tamil also

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:11 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:http://www.dinamani.com/edition/story.aspx?&SectionName=Latest%20News&artid=561681&SectionID=164&MainSectionID=164&SEO=&Title=

If a kid in Bihar can take the JEE in Hindi, a similar choice should be available for kids in TN also.

What % of high schoolers taking JEE go to Tamil Medium - these days? I bet it is small.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Dr. Ramadoss wants IIT JEE to be held in Tamil also Empty Re: Dr. Ramadoss wants IIT JEE to be held in Tamil also

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MulaiAzhagi wrote:http://www.dinamani.com/edition/story.aspx?&SectionName=Latest%20News&artid=561681&SectionID=164&MainSectionID=164&SEO=&Title=

What % of high schoolers taking JEE go to Tamil Medium - these days? I bet it is small.

i'd flip that argument around and say that having the option to take it in tamil will open it up to many more candidates who otherwise wouldn't have looked into it. i think this is a very reasonable request.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:48 pm

on the contrary, they should quit offering hindi and other versions. make it all in English.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:on the contrary, they should quit offering hindi and other versions. make it all in English.

i disagree with you because i know at least three brilliant batchmates from the cow belt who wouldn't have made it but for the hindi version. there are lots of brilliant kids who are not in urban areas and would benefit tremendously from having it available in regional languages.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:25 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:on the contrary, they should quit offering hindi and other versions. make it all in English.

i disagree with you because i know at least three brilliant batchmates from the cow belt who wouldn't have made it but for the hindi version. there are lots of brilliant kids who are not in urban areas and would benefit tremendously from having it available in regional languages.

I agree with you. I used to be an ardent supporter of local medium. Also, your batchmates story you are talking about is around 25 years old. But, there was a recent report that even in small towns ppl send their kids to the english medium. Only the govt schools have tamil/local medium with no good teachers. The % is way way down, and in another 10 years it will be miniscule. So, I have given up on the local mediums or its growth and sustenance.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:17 pm

I thought that in the 1980s Hindian gov agfreed to hold IIT JEE in all languages. Is it not true?

Look at this way People send their children to English medium because they cannot write ITT JEE in Tamil.

Tamil Nadu independence is the only solution.

Do you know in the short lived independent eelam all aircraft and ship maintenance was taught in Tamil?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down