Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any CHer who hails from this tribe of India?

5 posters

Go down

Any CHer who hails from this tribe of India? Empty Any CHer who hails from this tribe of India?

Post by Bittu Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:21 am

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Any CHer who hails from this tribe of India? Empty Re: Any CHer who hails from this tribe of India?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:12 am

Bittu wrote:

This is 20 yr old news, when I first read a news item in the Hindu. I think Gujarat even helps them trace their roots in Africa. There was some historical news articles about how they came there.

Glad to know that you are finally reading something other than seks.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Any CHer who hails from this tribe of India? Empty Re: Any CHer who hails from this tribe of India?

Post by MulaiAzhagi Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Watch Part3.

The Kenyan host speaks Hindi well.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:27 am

Bittu wrote:

>> I wonder if there are any remnants of ancestral languages among these folks, like among the folk on Gulla island (of the Carolinas, think)

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:39 am

I haven't watched the above video but, am willing to take a guess that it's about the "Siddhis" - a community I'd read about living in coastal Karnataka(?).

Deccan Herald had a series of articles about the Siddhi
Community and providing them opportunities to become athletes as well...

On a tangent - Presently reading Amitav Ghosh's "The Glass Palace" - about Indian characters in Myanmar...

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:47 pm

I am from this tribe from the waist down.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down