Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I post photos here?

+7
Hellsangel
Kris
Jeremiah Mburuburu
MaxEntropy_Man
Maria S
charvaka
Kayalvizhi
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How do I post photos here? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do I post photos here?

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:16 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i see no reason to fight with someone who has publicly declared that he has suffered from a mental illness in the past. if he has a relapse it would always bother my conscience.

What a noble gesture. You bringing up his past medical issues and then magnanimously refraining from not using it to trigger a relapse reeks of douchiness. You know that too.
i'm glad you acknowledge rashmun's gesture as a noble one. it was dickhead who, on his own, "brought up his past medical issues," not rashmun. a relapse could be disastrous; you should appreciate rashmun's magnanimity.

after what dickhead and huzefa kapasi have said here, i'm determined to treat both with as much kindness as i can muster.

The context of him bringing up his past medical history was entirely different. Any time Rashmun runs out of valid points to say, he brings it up and gloriously declares that he won't use it.
Is this a twist in the now famous Rashmun method? Only repeated use of that said technique will give us a clue.

Also I am happy to see that you are glad that I acknowledged his douchiness. One day I will understand you too. Then all the peasants can rejoice.
apparently, rashmun wants to be kind to troubled minds.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:49 pm

haha - finally Rashmun has something he could regurgitate ad nauseum about me every time I have something to say :-)

And, sorry to disappoiny you both kind sirs - no chance of relapse ever. It wasn't a mental illness in the first place and more to do with being a kid.

But, let's not expect FACTS to ever truly matter in Rashmun's arguments now.
What was this tread about? Were we talking about Kannada in Bangalore somewhere on this thread?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:apparently, rashmun wants to be kind to troubled minds.

i don't know if the people referred to have troubled minds, but it is natural to empathize with people whose condition is similar to one's own, even if it is a result of mistaken perception.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Rashmun wrote:Doffus, i refuse to respond to the following words (which i have highlighted) of someone who has claimed to be suffering from a mental illness earlier since i have no wish to rattle or upset such a person:

Richard Hed wrote:
Bullshit. I live Bangalore and speak
Kannada when people ak me for directions in any other Indian language;
they immediately shift to English.

Maybe I should write a blog or an op-Ed piece for a local paper and "hope" you will link to it...haha....
Yet you did respond -- at considerable length -- to those specific words. I am no expert, but this could be taken as a sign of a mental disorder.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Richard Hed wrote:haha - finally Rashmun has something he could regurgitate ad nauseum about me every time I have something to say :-)

And, sorry to disappoiny you both kind sirs - no chance of relapse ever. It wasn't a mental illness in the first place and more to do with being a kid.

But, let's not expect FACTS to ever truly matter in Rashmun's arguments now.
What was this tread about? Were we talking about Kannada in Bangalore somewhere on this thread?

Richard Hed wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Yes you did not say exactly what kind of pills you took, but you did say it was for a depression related illness. And that you started off taking medication for this illness at the age of eleven.

Since you're creating my medical history here for further "arguments" and DEFINITELY bookmarking this page (for posterity) - let me be clear. I took medication for a related illness but, it was NOT diagnosed as depression. And I took it at that age; and never needed it later. Ever.

https://such.forumotion.com/t5127-tunku-varadarajan#40562

i believe you when you say you are completely cured but my concern is that you might have a relapse of this depression related illness if you become too agitated. This is why i wrote earlier:

Richard Hed wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i refuse to respond to the following words (which i have highlighted) of someone who has claimed to be suffering from a mental illness earlier since i have no wish to rattle or upset such a person:

Maybe I should write a blog or an op-Ed piece for a local paper and "hope" you will link to it...haha....

You "remained" as you did NOT have anything to do with Cauvery water dispute as a
cow-beltaran...
PS: Why haven't you also quoted a conv with an autodriver for anecdotal evidence in this thread yet? Haha

https://such.forumotion.com/t5702p50-how-do-i-post-photos-here#44950

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:15 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:apparently, rashmun wants to be kind to troubled minds.

i don't know if the people referred to have troubled minds, but it is natural to empathize with people whose condition is similar to one's own, even if it is a result of mistaken perception.

my empathy for people with troubled minds originates from the psychology courses i had taken in my student days.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Rashmun wrote:
my empathy for people with troubled minds originates from the psychology courses i had taken in my student days.

and my contempt for your writing originates from its thinly veiled vileness.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Doffus, i refuse to respond to the following words (which i have highlighted) of someone who has claimed to be suffering from a mental illness earlier since i have no wish to rattle or upset such a person:

Richard Hed wrote:

Yet you did respond -- at considerable length -- to those specific words. I am no expert, but this could be taken as a sign of a mental disorder.

Idiot Charvako, i had responded in a civil tone to him despite him being somewhat provocative unnecessarily. when he continued to behave in a cantankerous manner (and asked me a provocative question) i decided that i could no longer entertain his stupid behavior. My concern is that any criticism i may direct towards him may result in a relapse of the depression related illness he suffered from at the age of eleven. Hence, i stated that i would not fight with him.

By the way, your great zeal to disassociate yourself from Dakhini language despite it being the lingua franca of your home town indicates a deeply troubled soul and can be taken as a sign of a mental disorder. Another evidence of your troubled mind is your deep hatred for the Nizams which co-exists with your great love for Nizami food like Hyderabadi mutton biryani.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:27 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:Is this a twist in the now famous Rashmun method? Only repeated use of that said technique will give us a clue.
This is no twist; it is an essential element of the Rashmun Method. When he runs out of pertinent arguments, Rashmun invariably brings in some random stuff that he thinks is going to discredit his "opponent." The "stuff" may be some random fella saying something about a group that his opponent belongs to -- even stuff that he himself doesn't believe. The classic example was when he posted the attacks made by some dudes against the Charvakas, just to tar me by the vaguest of associations. That example is classic because based on his own history of posts, it is hard to believe that he himself agrees with those dudes who disparage the Charvakas. Similarly, he will respond to Uppili by citing "stuff" that da_gal said about him, Tracy by citing "stuff" that BNP said about her, me by talking about some goons smashing statues just because they are from the same part of my state, etc.

There is no level that Rashmun will not stoop to in order to do what he thinks is kicking the middle-parted head of his opponent. Distortions and outright lies about family, personal medical history, bigotry ("I am a brahmin, are you a chandala?") and everything else are very much par for the course within the Rashmun Method. In that last respect, the Rashmun Method is in line with the style of Jeremiahji, which is precisely why you see him piping up here. You and I may consider that douchy, but I suspect they picture themselves in heroic terms when they do this, like the heroes in 19th century romantic novels and westerns. Rashmun's diary entry for tonight doesn't read: "I was a bit of a douche today." It reads: "I was awesome today. Kicked a lot of middle-parted heads. I am kickassmiddlepartedhead!"
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Your old friend Luke Warmus disagrees completely with you with respect to my writing. Far from being vile, he claims that i am being magnanimous.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Impedimenta wrote:what do YOU think? what? suddenly, *i* cannot play?
Glad you asked... I think mental illness may be on the rise around these parts.

Impedimenta wrote:BTW, do you know that there is a rumor floating around about how the blue flower admin bribe is now replaced with gongura pickle? is it true? cause i need to learn to make gongura here.....
Wow, whoever created this rumor gets a freebie admin service from me.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Your old friend Luke Warmus disagrees completely with you with respect to my writing. Far from being vile, he claims that i am being magnanimous.
Rashmun Method!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:30 pm

charvaka wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:Is this a twist in the now famous Rashmun method? Only repeated use of that said technique will give us a clue.
This is no twist; it is an essential element of the Rashmun Method. When he runs out of pertinent arguments, Rashmun invariably brings in some random stuff that he thinks is going to discredit his "opponent." The "stuff" may be some random fella saying something about a group that his opponent belongs to -- even stuff that he himself doesn't believe. The classic example was when he posted the attacks made by some dudes against the Charvakas, just to tar me by the vaguest of associations. That example is classic because based on his own history of posts, it is hard to believe that he himself agrees with those dudes who disparage the Charvakas. Similarly, he will respond to Uppili by citing "stuff" that da_gal said about him, Tracy by citing "stuff" that BNP said about her, me by talking about some goons smashing statues just because they are from the same part of my state, etc.

There is no level that Rashmun will not stoop to in order to do what he thinks is kicking the middle-parted head of his opponent. Distortions and outright lies about family, personal medical history, bigotry ("I am a brahmin, are you a chandala?") and everything else are very much par for the course within the Rashmun Method. In that last respect, the Rashmun Method is in line with the style of Jeremiahji, which is precisely why you see him piping up here. You and I may consider that douchy, but I suspect they picture themselves in heroic terms when they do this, like the heroes in 19th century romantic novels and westerns. Rashmun's diary entry for tonight doesn't read: "I was a bit of a douche today." It reads: "I was awesome today. Kicked a lot of middle-parted heads. I am kickassmiddlepartedhead!"

PP Method: Slam Rashmun for using provocative language in heated discussions. Slam Seva (on Sulekha CH) for using provocative language in heated discussions (against Rashmun!). And then close your eyes when his Gult Brothers Propagandhi and TBT use similar language against Luke Warmus and Merlot. There can be little doubt that PP is a despicable bigot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:31 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Rashmun Method!

PP Method!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

PP Method: Slam Rashmun for using provocative language in heated discussions. Slam Seva (on Sulekha CH) for using provocative language in heated discussions (against Rashmun!). And then close your eyes when his Gult Brothers Propagandhi and TBT use similar language against Luke Warmus and Merlot. There can be little doubt that PP is a despicable bigot.

The same PP who goes around trying to be a moral policeman recently asked me whether i was getting enough sex. On my suggestion that instead of worrying about my sex life he ought to worry more about his married life considering he spends so much time on this forum and also on chat despite being a newly married man he dropped this line of attack.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Rashmun wrote:The same PP who goes around trying to be a moral policeman recently asked me whether i was getting enough sex.
I did not. I made the helpful suggestion that you should get laid more.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:40 pm

charvaka wrote:

PP's troubled mind has let him down again. I had used the words 'I am a brahmin; are you a sudra?' in response to someone who asked me 'What is your caste?' in the middle of a heated discussion. Bigot PP, who wants caste based reservations to continue indefinitely, prefers to ignore the fact that i have consistently propagated inter-caste marriages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Your "empathy" may (a big may) be genuine but, misdirected because, as much as you'd like to say and say again - I never mentioned being treated for depression at 11. So a relapse into depression - in my case is impossible...life is good, has always been :-)

But, hey of it makes you happy to keep making up "facts", be my guest.

Lets see if you want to come back to the discussion. The Bangalore you may have lived in is long gone. Where did you live in Bangalore? I ask because it will throw light on the constituency of that area. That in turn may explain a lot.

Is there any place in the world that doesn't have an ongoing strife between "locals" & "non-locals"? Especially in any town or city, region or nation - where people can migrate with hopes of bettering their lives?

Bangalore has been welcoming and accommodating of people from everywhere - by an large. Peepals who moved to Bangalore and have lived here for many a generation in harmony - those stories are not sensational, so meh...
It's not a perfect city, far from it - (Cauvery) water issue is just one of the many issues that plague this city that's dealing with many a infrastructure and social
issues. You could get by more with English here than probably any other Indian city. What irks the Kannada peepals and I definitely have a larger sample
set - is this: If you live for decade or more anywhere else surely you'd learn the local langauage to interact with the locals - accent notwithstanding? Then why not here?

---

Done with this thread; beautiful sunny Sat morning here -don't want to waste it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:44 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:The same PP who goes around trying to be a moral policeman recently asked me whether i was getting enough sex.

And i responded by asking you to spend more time worrying about your presumably troubled marriage. There is no reason for a happily married young man to spend so much time on this forum and on chat, instead of spending time with your wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Richard Hed wrote:Your "empathy" may (a big may) be genuine but, misdirected because, as much as you'd like to say and say again - I never mentioned being treated for depression at 11. So a relapse into depression - in my case is impossible...life is good, has always been :-)

Lets see if you want to come back to the discussion. The Bangalore you may have lived in is long gone. Where did you live in Bangalore? I ask because it will throw light on the constituency of that area. That in turn may explain a lot.

Is there any place in the world that doesn't have an ongoing strife between "locals" & "non-locals"? Especially in any town or city, region or nation - where people can migrate with hopes of bettering their lives?

Bangalore has been welcoming and accommodating of people from everywhere - by an large. Peepals who moved to Bangalore and have lived here for many a generation in harmony - those stories are not sensational, so meh...
It's not a perfect city, far from it - (Cauvery) water issue is just one of the many issues that plague this city that's dealing with many a infrastructure and social
issues. You could get by more with English here than probably any other Indian city. What irks the Kannada peepals and I definitely have a larger sample
set - is this: If you live for decade or more anywhere else surely you'd learn the local langauage to interact with the locals - accent notwithstanding? Then why not here?

---

Done with this thread; beautiful sunny Sat morning here -don't want to waste it...

you had said 'depression related illness' in the earlier thread. As a principle i do not fight with people who have suffered from mental illnesses because i have taken psychology courses in university and have some understanding and empathy for people with mental illnesses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Richard Hed wrote:Your "empathy" may (a big may) be genuine but, misdirected because, as much as you'd like to say and say again - I never mentioned being treated for depression at 11. So a relapse into depression - in my case is impossible...life is good, has always been :-)

---

I agree that Bangalore has been very welcoming and accommodating. On the other hand, it is also true that regional tensions in Bangalore have more to do with Tamils vs Kannadigas, than North Indians vs Kannadigas. I did not interact to any significant extent with anyone in and around where i lived in Bangalore, so where i stayed in the city is immaterial to this discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Rashmun wrote:I had used the words 'I am a brahmin; are you a sudra?'
That is so much better! And not bigoted at all. Thanks for clarifying this.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:21 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

And i responded by asking you to spend more time worrying about your presumably troubled marriage. There is no reason for a happily married young man to spend so much time on this forum and on chat, instead of spending time with your wife.
See how you distorted my words just there? I had only made a suggestion, which you turned into a question that I did not ask. This sort of careless making up of shit is what lands you in trouble all the time.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Rashmun wrote:I did not interact to any significant extent with anyone in and around where i lived in Bangalore...
This is precisely why you are such a reliable authority on Bangalore!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:after what dickhead and huzefa kapasi have said here, i'm determined to treat both with as much kindness as i can muster.

How do I post photos here? - Page 3 3077217049 How do I post photos here? - Page 3 3077217049 yes, i have noticed the kindness with which you treat me on chat. you have some weird notions of what kindness means.

hed neither suffered from depression nor any mental illness. i have a pretty solid idea of what happened to him when he was a kid (from my life experiences) and i know it's pretty common. the kindness with which you guys keep bringing it up is indeed heartening.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Rashmun wrote:you are not the only person on this forum who has lived in bangalore. i too have lived in bangalore for several years. kannadigas in bangalore have told me that they don't like the fact that there exist north indians born and brought up in bangalore who do not speak any kannada, and they also don't like the fact that tamilians prefer communicating with them in tamil even when the conversation is taking place in bangalore. (in this respect, the tamilians were no different from the north indians, according to the kannadigas i spoke to.) i mentioned this in an earlier post addressed to Max and this article corroborates part of what i had said earlier.

on another note, my tamil colleagues in bangalore who had been born and brought up in TN and whose homes were in TN had packed their bags and rushed back to TN when the Cauvery water protests had flared up. i asked them why they were leaving--can they not claim to be tamilians if any kannadigas come around to rough them up? they said that they did not speak kannada fluently and would be identified as tamilians by the way they talk. at any rate they were not prepared to take any risk and rushed back to TN, while I--the North Indian--remained behind in bangalore.
But did not interact to any significant extent with anyone in the vicinity. So the rest of what you said above is the usual made up bullshit. RH was right when he called you on it!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:29 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:I did not interact to any significant extent with anyone in and around where i lived in Bangalore...

Like how he took few Psych classes in college that made him an authority on how not to bring past medical history.
The point lost in this is there is no major past medical history to bring up to begin with.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:32 pm

charvaka wrote:

PP Method!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:35 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:you are not the only person on this forum who has lived in bangalore. i too have lived in bangalore for several years. kannadigas in bangalore have told me that they don't like the fact that there exist north indians born and brought up in bangalore who do not speak any kannada, and they also don't like the fact that tamilians prefer communicating with them in tamil even when the conversation is taking place in bangalore. (in this respect, the tamilians were no different from the north indians, according to the kannadigas i spoke to.) i mentioned this in an earlier post addressed to Max and this article corroborates part of what i had said earlier.

on another note, my tamil colleagues in bangalore who had been born and brought up in TN and whose homes were in TN had packed their bags and rushed back to TN when the Cauvery water protests had flared up. i asked them why they were leaving--can they not claim to be tamilians if any kannadigas come around to rough them up? they said that they did not speak kannada fluently and would be identified as tamilians by the way they talk. at any rate they were not prepared to take any risk and rushed back to TN, while I--the North Indian--remained behind in bangalore.
But did not interact to any significant extent with anyone in the vicinity. So the rest of what you said above is the usual made up bullshit. RH was right when he called you on it!

Idiot Charvako, my friends and colleagues and acquaintances in Bangalore did not live in my apartment complex nor did they live in the neighborhood of where i stayed. I am more concerned about your ignorance about Dakhni and Telangana Telugu despite your claim to having been born and brought up in Telangana.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:41 pm

Rashmun wrote:I am more concerned about your ignorance about Dakhni and Telangana Telugu despite your claim to having been born and brought up in Telangana.
You are welcome to be concerned. As someone who speaks both Telangana and coastal Andhra dialects of Telugu -- as well as Hyderabadi Urdu -- I am comfortable with the extent of my knowledge of both languages, Telugu and Urdu. We will just note that when it comes to Telugu, for you, it is kaala akshar bhains baraabar. So it is very entertaining when you rely on the Toilet Paper of India to try to prove me wrong about Telugu. Please keep it going.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:42 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:I am more concerned about your ignorance about Dakhni and Telangana Telugu despite your claim to having been born and brought up in Telangana.
You are welcome to be concerned. As someone who speaks both Telangana and coastal Andhra dialects of Telugu -- as well as Hyderabadi Urdu -- I am comfortable with the extent of my knowledge of both languages, Telugu and Urdu. We will just note that when it comes to Telugu, for you, it is kaala akshar bhains baraabar. So it is very entertaining when you rely on the Toilet Paper of India to try to prove me wrong about Telugu. Please keep it going.

now that you have been shown to be an ignoramus by the TOI article is is natural that you are angry.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:45 pm

charvaka wrote:We will just note that when it comes to Telugu, for you, it is kaala akshar bhains baraabar.
In the spirit of this thread about thinking, speaking and writing in Hindi, let me provide a translation. काला अक्षर भैंस बराबर = black letter looks like a water buffalo. Very apt to describe a person who cannot distinguish the written letters of a language -- which in the case of Telugu applies perfectly to Rashmun.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:46 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

now that you have been shown to be an ignoramus by the TOI article is is natural that you are angry.
Sir, you intuit anger where there is mirth. Something is broken in your detection system.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:48 pm

charvaka wrote:
charvaka wrote:We will just note that when it comes to Telugu, for you, it is kaala akshar bhains baraabar.
In the spirit of this thread about thinking, speaking and writing in Hindi, let me provide a translation. काला अक्षर भैंस बराबर = black letter looks like a water buffalo. Very apt to describe a person who cannot distinguish the written letters of a language -- which in the case of Telugu applies perfectly to Rashmun.

Charvaka is jumping up and down because of the TOI article which says:

When Malik Kafur, Alauddin Khilji's favourite general sacked the Yadava kingdom of Devagiri (present-day Aurangabad) and made inroads into the Kakatiya kingdom at Warangal at the fag-end of the 13th century, little did he realize that his incursions would change this part of the world forever. Kafur was happy making away with gold-laden horses and the Kohinoor. But in the series of invasions that followed, Muhammad bin Tughlak set up his capital in the area before he was forced to retreat north. This sowed the seeds of a Deccani (Dakhni) culture, which reached its zenith in the 20th-century Hyderabad state of the Nizams. It sprawled across present-day Maharashtra, north Karnataka and Telangana. "A distinctive culture evolved. It was a synthesis of north and south, of Hindu and Muslim traditions, and also tribal culture as part of the area was populated with Gonds," says former minister Basheeruddin Babu-khan. A new way of life came into being with a distinct language, Dakhni, a synthesis of Urdu and Telugu; food habits; music and festivals that included Id, Dussehra and tribal feast days revolving around jungle cults.

Meanwhile, south of the Krishna river, the prosperous Vijayanagar kings held sway. Their kingdom, in present-day north-central Karnataka, controlled large parts of what is now Andhra Pradesh. The kings were great proponents of culture and built magnificent temples such as Lord Balaji's in Tirumala. Thus, they spawned a distinctive way of life. "The two cultures were poles apart," says Bharat Kumar who recently wrote a book on Telangana. From the 18th century, much of the area under Vijayanagar came into British hands. Madras was their regional headquarters. This brought English education to the region. As well as an irrigation system. All of this accentuated the differences with people in the Deccan region.

Unfortunately, the Nizams ran a military-feudal system, focused on revenue collection rather than mass education and development. Soon, the economic and cultural gap between the two peoples was enormous. "There was no common meeting ground, except for the Telugu language. But in Telangana the Telugu spoken was different and had no script.The Telugu in parts of the erstwhile British dominion was Sanskritised and classical," says a former state chief secretary...

Andhra Pradesh itself was a union of the Telugu-speaking area of Telangana and the other part that was under the British. Interestingly, the creation of Andhra Pradesh ran counter to the recommendations of the States Reorganization Commission. It advised separate states. "But those were the heady days of integration and states on linguistic basis. Language was considered the basis of culture. So nobody thought that things could go amiss. Although things did not go awry in that sense, it was an uneasy alliance between two unequal economic partners," says the former chief secretary.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2009-12-13/special-report/28066950_1_telugu-telangana-culture[/quote]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:48 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Sir, you intuit anger where there is mirth. Something is broken in your detection system.

Charvaka, i am sorry but Telangana Telugu did not have its own script originally.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:52 pm

Rashmun wrote:Charvaka, i am sorry but Telangana Telugu did not have its own script originally.
This is uproariously funny. Do you even know when the Telangana dialect originated? Between the 15th and 17th centuries. Telugu script has been around for over a thousand years. That same script has been used in Telangana to write Telugu. Your claim is no different from saying, "Khariboli did not have its own script originally" or "American English did not have its own script originally." Nonsensical is a charitable way to describe it.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:17 am

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Charvaka, i am sorry but Telangana Telugu did not have its own script originally.
This is uproariously funny. Do you even know when the Telangana dialect originated? Between the 15th and 17th centuries. Telugu script has been around for over a thousand years. That same script has been used in Telangana to write Telugu. Your claim is no different from saying, "Khariboli did not have its own script originally" or "American English did not have its own script originally." Nonsensical is a charitable way to describe it.

The TOI article says that Telangana Telugu did not have its own script.

----
When Malik Kafur, Alauddin Khilji's favourite general sacked the Yadava kingdom of Devagiri (present-day Aurangabad) and made inroads into the Kakatiya kingdom at Warangal at the fag-end of the 13th century, little did he realize that his incursions would change this part of the world forever. Kafur was happy making away with gold-laden horses and the Kohinoor. But in the series of invasions that followed, Muhammad bin Tughlak set up his capital in the area before he was forced to retreat north. This sowed the seeds of a Deccani (Dakhni) culture, which reached its zenith in the 20th-century Hyderabad state of the Nizams. It sprawled across present-day Maharashtra, north Karnataka and Telangana. "A distinctive culture evolved. It was a synthesis of north and south, of Hindu and Muslim traditions, and also tribal culture as part of the area was populated with Gonds," says former minister Basheeruddin Babu-khan. A new way of life came into being with a distinct language, Dakhni, a synthesis of Urdu and Telugu; food habits; music and festivals that included Id, Dussehra and tribal feast days revolving around jungle cults.

Meanwhile, south of the Krishna river, the prosperous Vijayanagar kings held sway. Their kingdom, in present-day north-central Karnataka, controlled large parts of what is now Andhra Pradesh. The kings were great proponents of culture and built magnificent temples such as Lord Balaji's in Tirumala. Thus, they spawned a distinctive way of life. "The two cultures were poles apart," says Bharat Kumar who recently wrote a book on Telangana. From the 18th century, much of the area under Vijayanagar came into British hands. Madras was their regional headquarters. This brought English education to the region. As well as an irrigation system. All of this accentuated the differences with people in the Deccan region.

Unfortunately, the Nizams ran a military-feudal system, focused on revenue collection rather than mass education and development. Soon, the economic and cultural gap between the two peoples was enormous. "There was no common meeting ground, except for the Telugu language. But in Telangana the Telugu spoken was different and had no script.The Telugu in parts of the erstwhile British dominion was Sanskritised and classical," says a former state chief secretary...

Andhra Pradesh itself was a union of the Telugu-speaking area of Telangana and the other part that was under the British. Interestingly, the creation of Andhra Pradesh ran counter to the recommendations of the States Reorganization Commission. It advised separate states. "But those were the heady days of integration and states on linguistic basis. Language was considered the basis of culture. So nobody thought that things could go amiss. Although things did not go awry in that sense, it was an uneasy alliance between two unequal economic partners," says the former chief secretary.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2009-12-13/special-report/28066950_1_telugu-telangana-culture[/quote]

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:58 am

Rashmun wrote:The TOI article says that Telangana Telugu did not have its own script.
If you were hoping that the third time you copy-paste a false claim it becomes true, I am sorry to disappoint you. That claim is nonsensical -- even if the mighty Toilet Paper makes it!

PS: The irony is, when I characterized the Nizam's rule in similar terms that this article uses, you went on a copy-pasting spree to prove me wrong.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:10 am

hello, how do i post photos here? anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by scoutfinch Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:33 am

lol! clap
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:hello, how do i post photos here? anyone?

scoutfinch

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:43 am

Rashmun wrote:The TOI article says that Telangana Telugu did not have its own script.

*other garbage deleted*

you are a prime example of how our education system does not foster critical thinking skills. if something is printed somewhere, that doesn't mean it is automatically true. you have to be particularly careful in this internet era when any monkey with an internet connection and a keyboard can wreak havoc on hapless individuals like you.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:20 am

>>

hello, how do i post photos here? anyone?

go to page 1 of this thread

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:42 am

This thread is worth bookmarking. ROFL
right up there with those Akbar/Mughal paintings and their interpretations...

I need to interpret some emoticons as I (truly) travel in an auto in Bangalore...hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:45 am

How do I post photos here? - Page 3 529790_418131504869035_134113386604183_1852685_1740931427_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:How do I post photos here? - Page 3 529790_418131504869035_134113386604183_1852685_1740931427_n

Hahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:01 am

Richard Hed wrote:

Hahahaha
Eyes, I am very worried that your "Hahahaha" will send our resident great debater, historian and scholar from the great court of the Jahanpanah into a paroxysm of kindness.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:46 am

C'mon man HA - cant live life thinking or worrying about modern picchi tuglaqor anybody else -on/offline - plus I've been known to laugh at real silly PJs - even on that SuCH jokes thread...

Accept it - it did make you chuckle - not for the hinglish but, for how shtty the sign is :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:57 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:How do I post photos here? - Page 3 529790_418131504869035_134113386604183_1852685_1740931427_n
lol!

I think this is photoshopped by someone who hates Hindians. Tell me where this sign is. Otherwise I won't believe it exists.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:58 am

this appears to be neither dakhini nor hindustani. what should we call it, angrej-ini? is this how hindustani is spoken nowadays -- by syntactically incorporating english verbs?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:02 pm

rashmun the rajabasha appears to be getting eaten up by the de facto national language. very alarming i say!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next