Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't wait for noon today

4 posters

Go down

Can't wait for noon today Empty Can't wait for noon today

Post by Bittu Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:23 am

Lunch time. Can't wait to see if my new-to-me devious trickery will work with my fussy son. He won't eat a lot of sabzis and daals/chhole given to him, so last night I blended the veggies, mixed them up in dough, then rolled a few parathas.

Said parathas shall be served with plain dahi at noon. I'm expecting a WIN and just as he's going to give me two thumbs up between bites, I'm going to smirk and think to myself "kha le kha le..rishte mein hum tumhaare baap lagte hain"

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Can't wait for noon today Empty Re: Can't wait for noon today

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:33 am

I used to do this trick when they were lil:mix curries or dal in the wheat flour while making the dough. It usually works. I expect it to work for your sonny too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:42 am

done the paratha trick often... another one is to make a pulav out of leftovers....

Some days, If they make a fuss, I simply have to ask the question, 'Are you eating it yourself or do you want me to feed you?' Both quickly choose the former option (maybe some unpleasant experiences Twisted Evil ). Son does bring the plate to me when it's not the food that he minds but it's somewhat complicated for him to make proper scoops with roti.

Such fuss-occurences are getting less and less frequent now. They do eat e'thing I make. Ok, karela gets some show time, but that's improving too.

I did notice that they eat something most readily when it's fresh out of stove. Something which I try to do often now. Making simplest quick-to-make sabzis, with little or not leftovers. The moment they smell it cooking, they start feeling hungry, and then lap it up quickly as soon as it's done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:48 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:done the paratha trick often... another one is to make a pulav out of leftovers....

Some days, If they make a fuss, I simply have to ask the question, 'Are you eating it yourself or do you want me to feed you?' Both quickly choose the former option (maybe some unpleasant experiences Twisted Evil ). Son does bring the plate to me when it's not the food that he minds but it's somewhat complicated for him to make proper scoops with roti.

Such fuss-occurences are getting less and less frequent now. They do eat e'thing I make. Ok, karela gets some show time, but that's improving too.

I did notice that they eat something most readily when it's fresh out of stove. Something which I try to do often now. Making simplest quick-to-make sabzis, with little or not leftovers. The moment they smell it cooking, they start feeling hungry, and then lap it up quickly as soon as it's done.

edit: disclaimer: just because they eat it e'time doesn't mean they think I am a great cook. They like only of few of my preps. And while daughter eats everything, it will be decades, or maybe never when she will compliment that I was a decent cook. As of now, she thinks I am the worst.

sigh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:11 am

my 8 yr old throws a fit on a lot of issues. oh the other hand, my 4 yr old eats everything. one would expect it to be other way around. He won't eat freshly made dahi. It has to be at least 24 hrs old.

both kids don't care about fresh-out-of-the-stove issues. He'll eat the chicken my sis brings over, 7 days straight.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:33 am

ya something that they like, they will eat daily. Regarding fresh-out-of-the-stove sutff, guess it takes time for them to start taking in such cues subconsciously. This is something I used to do often when I was working, that is, come home and and whip out a quick meal under 20 minutes. Over time, they began liking it. It's not like they tell me that specifically. I don't think that they themselves know they have such a preference. It's something I have observed myself, based on the amounts they take, the speed with which they eat, and how 'clean' the plates land up in the sink. This is my own little secret. Won't ruin it by telling them Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:27 am

Bittu wrote:my 8 yr old throws a fit on a lot of issues. oh the other hand, my 4 yr old eats everything. one would expect it to be other way around. He won't eat freshly made dahi. It has to be at least 24 hrs old.

both kids don't care about fresh-out-of-the-stove issues. He'll eat the chicken my sis brings over, 7 days straight.

[i]

8 yrs ye ?.... You have just another presidency to wait before you get into miserable trouble.....Evil or Very Mad

Iff your son finds out you tried to trick him....he would not touch any other rolls or anything that looks like a roll....assuming there is something else mixed inside.

Just saying.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:53 pm

Lunch was presented at noon.

Son: Why's the paratha yellow in color?
Me: Oh, just some food color. It's a new way of making these things.

Then they start eating.

Me: So how's the paratha?
Son: Awesome. My taste buds are having a party right now!

He ate 1.75 parathas. Then I gave him chopped mangoes with banana mixed in, coz the bananas are starting to get spotty. He voiced his displeasure at the bananas but quickly ate the whole thing. No protest of any kind from daughter.

WIN.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Congrats, bitts!

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:56 pm

what happened to the toothless Nanny?
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Thanks kin. Will crank out another 20 parathas tonight.

DM, she's here, but noon-4pm these days. 12-1 she takes care of laundry, then 1-4 she takes the kids out. From next week, she'll drop the kids to summer camp in the AM and pick them up in the PM and hang around for a couple of hours.

I took a few more looks at this nanny, to somehow see the inspiration to boink her. Not happening. Case closed.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:02 pm

You guys do laundry every day?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Bittu wrote:

I took a few more looks at this nanny, to somehow see the inspiration to boink her. Not happening. Case closed.

Wondering if it has anything to do with you giving up booze (for now, i.e Razz)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:You guys do laundry every day?

If you were coming to chat, you wouldn't be asking that question. You would've known Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:23 pm

she runs a a couple of loads on monday and a couple on wednesday. so ya, 2 days a week. sometimes 3 days a week, depending. no laundry on weekends.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:24 pm

kinnera wrote:
Bittu wrote:

Wondering if it has anything to do with you giving up booze (for now, i.e :P)?

chup re!

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Bittu wrote:Thanks kin. Will crank out another 20 parathas tonight.

ah the champion paratha maker strikes again!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:27 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Bittu wrote:Thanks kin. Will crank out another 20 parathas tonight.

ah the champion paratha maker strikes again!

Next week:

Bread baking week.

Stay tuned....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down