Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to move back to Sulekha?

3 posters

Go down

Time to move back to Sulekha? Empty Time to move back to Sulekha?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:35 pm

well, Sulekha Rivr is here. I think the idea of Rivr has to be applauded though the design of Rivr is putting me off a bit. Maybe it needs some fine tuning and alterations and also, maybe, a little getting used to. See for yourself:

http://rivr.sulekha.com/introducing-sulekha-rivr-alpha-release_563070_blog

For now i will be posting on both Rivr as well as here and see how it goes. One advantage of Rivr over this forum, from what i can tell, is that you can delete your own post at any time in Rivr.

I encourage old timers to give their feedback on Rivr to Satya. He has done a great job in bringing Indians together.

Back to top Go down

Time to move back to Sulekha? Empty Re: Time to move back to Sulekha?

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:29 pm

nothing short of the clean interface that this forum offers will pull me back. i took a quick look at rivr. too cluttered and too commercial.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:39 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:nothing short of the clean interface that this forum offers will pull me back. i took a quick look at rivr. too cluttered and too commercial.

design of an online forum is important but more important are the posters. on this forum by and large we have had the same posters almost since its inception. Rivr would be a better choice if it can attract new posters with fresh perspectives and ideas from who one would learn new things.

Of course, this is just the alpha release of Rivr. We have to wait for the beta release and then the final version.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Rashmun wrote:

design of an online forum is important but more important are the posters.

i have a very limited amount of tolerance for voluntary pain these days. i can't suffer through clutter and clunkiness in the distant hope that some interesting posters might show up.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:06 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

design of an online forum is important but more important are the posters.

i have a very limited amount of tolerance for voluntary pain these days. i can't suffer through clutter and clunkiness in the distant hope that some interesting posters might show up.

u sound like Seva.

-----
seva-lamberdar posted Re:Good morning everyone on 15 hrs ago
To me, the new place appears a bit over-crowded (not an inch around empty) and overly decoraded (with all the colored pictures and medals etc) -- gives a feeling of someone straight from the village (which I am anyway) suddenly landing in the middle of crowded and bustling Manhatton....

It's just that it takes me a bit of time to get used to fancy and complicated stuff.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/good-morning-everyone-1136698.htm#1136703

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:14 pm

yeah maybe.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:33 am

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:nothing short of the clean interface that this forum offers will pull me back. i took a quick look at rivr. too cluttered and too commercial.

design of an online forum is important but more important are the posters. on this forum by and large we have had the same posters almost since its inception. Rivr would be a better choice if it can attract new posters with fresh perspectives and ideas from who one would learn new things.

Of course, this is just the alpha release of Rivr. We have to wait for the beta release and then the final version.

A known Maulana is better than an Unknown Swamy.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:47 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

A known Maulana is better than an Unknown Swamy.

Note: in Uppili lingo, Maulana = Hindu Brahmin as per his confession on chaikaapi chat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:00 am

read your posts in rivr rashmun. i'll check it out later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:27 am

NO

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:NO

u will get more opportunity for doing propaganda on Sulekha, No?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down