Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Morning

+3
charvaka
Impedimenta
CroMagnon
7 posters

Go down

Good Morning Empty Good Morning

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 25, 2011 9:49 am

Good morning to all my friends/well-wishers -- CM
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 25, 2011 9:49 am

And to all my friends in India - Good evening! -- CM
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 25, 2011 9:54 am

1 question and 1 request...

a)stewie? really?
b) please list in alphabetical order or in the order of preference the list of your friends and well wishers.


Impedimenta

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 10:03 am

good evening cram! - HK

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by charvaka Wed May 25, 2011 10:06 am

CroMagnon wrote:Good morning to all my friends/well-wishers -- CM
Good morning y'all. Glad to see you here.

This afternoon I shall post a "thank you" for being here. Meanwhile, here is a pat on the back to all you wonderful people.

Have a wonderful day.
charvaka
charvaka

Posts : 4347
Join date : 2011-04-28
Location : Berkeley, CA

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 25, 2011 10:07 am

charvaka wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:Good morning to all my friends/well-wishers -- CM
Good morning y'all. Glad to see you here.

This afternoon I shall post a "thank you" for being here. Meanwhile, here is a pat on the back to all you wonderful people.

Have a wonderful day.

err? still doing the kokkee impression? just asking...

Impedimenta

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by charvaka Wed May 25, 2011 10:11 am

Impedimenta wrote:
charvaka wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:Good morning to all my friends/well-wishers -- CM
Good morning y'all. Glad to see you here.

This afternoon I shall post a "thank you" for being here. Meanwhile, here is a pat on the back to all you wonderful people.

Have a wonderful day.

err? still doing the kokkee impression? just asking...

Good morning Impy!

I think you're missing Kokkee... I was just wishing the fine folks of CH a wonderful morning. I agree my good morning was too generic. But as more and more people make posts here, I will wish each of them a personal good morning.
charvaka
charvaka

Posts : 4347
Join date : 2011-04-28
Location : Berkeley, CA

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Rekz Wed May 25, 2011 10:19 am

Kokee is CH kuyil...kuyil ippothavathu thaan koovum Smile
Rekz
Rekz

Posts : 1086
Join date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 25, 2011 10:26 am

What is so good about it? Mad
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Posts : 14721
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 10:36 am

Hellsangel wrote:What is so good about it? Mad

Dunno about you suckers, but it's a gorgeous day off for me...Planning my day, buying tix, etc...then I'll take off toooooooooooo... Statue of Liberty Embarassed I know such a must-see desi haunt... but you gotta do SL once, so here we are...

Watched Pirates last night on 3D IMAX...liked it. Will give it a 'can see but only in theatres'

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 25, 2011 10:37 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:

Dunno about you suckers, but it's a gorgeous day off for me...Planning my day, buying tix, etc...then I'll take off toooooooooooo... Statue of Liberty Embarassed I know such a must-see desi haunt... but you gotta do SL once, so here we are...

Watched Pirates last night on 3D IMAX...liked it. Will give it a 'can see but only in theatres'

Nothing like a little drama to reel TW in.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Posts : 14721
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 25, 2011 10:43 am

Impedimenta wrote:1 question and 1 request...

a)stewie? really?
b) please list in alphabetical order or in the order of preference the list of your friends and well wishers.


GM Impy. Thanks for the question/request. I like to answer... and fulfilling requests- if made by friends.

Stewie is my favorite cartoon character... what can I say... like him... for all his faults/trying to kill his mother... hell bent on conquering the world/using foul language... I see a cute kid/smart fellow.

As for list of friends and well wishers... what can I say... everyone is my friend/well wisher! Those who don't like me(wish they did/at least not hate me)... may become friends. If they wish bad for me... all I can say... I wish good for them/their family/everyone.

CM


Last edited by CroMagnon on Wed May 25, 2011 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 25, 2011 10:44 am

GM Huzfs and Caru! What is your plan/plans for the day? -- CM
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by charvaka Wed May 25, 2011 10:47 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Statue of Liberty
May be this confirms the onset of middle age for me. But SoL isn't the way I would spend a gorgeous day off. I would pack desi visitors off to go see the place by themselves. Ellis Island museum is more interesting than the statue itself. Are they letting people go right to the crown these days? Then the views at least are good, and the climb is good exercise. Otherwise, you are better off going to the NJ state park that overlooks the statue.
charvaka
charvaka

Posts : 4347
Join date : 2011-04-28
Location : Berkeley, CA

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by charvaka Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 am

CroMagnon wrote:GM Huzfs and Caru! What is your plan/plans for the day? -- CM
Good morning Cro! It is a nice day here... just the usual stuff... work (how I wish I didn't, but it's not the people here just the other things). Not a busy day (I hope not*) but still exciting -- I am looking forward a good lunch around noon (not too early, not too late) and filling my car up at the gas station. May also throw in some running into the evening if I can handle so much excitement in one day. We'll see... but what matters most is that we are happy and content and nice and enjoying what we like doing and doing what we are enjoying and not doing what we don't want to do (or have to.)

On that note, let me wish you a nice day.
charvaka
charvaka

Posts : 4347
Join date : 2011-04-28
Location : Berkeley, CA

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 11:25 am

CroMagnon wrote:GM Huzfs and Caru! What is your plan/plans for the day? -- CM

GM once again cram. it's evening here already...time sure flies fast! first thing on the news today, toofan in muzzafarpur. it is so sad. living a few kilometres away i can imagine the suffering. but, as they say, there is a silver lining to every dark cloud. i hope the poor folks in muzzafarpur are coping in whichever way is best known/learnt to them. will drop by again. GM to you to C man. do drop by more often. and hello trace. i am so happy to see you happy. yes, the statue of liberty is one splendid monument. it is the epitome of american suffering. i can never forget the rotten hot dogs they sell there. you might want to check out coney island too. - HK


Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Wed May 25, 2011 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 11:29 am

CroMagnon wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:1 question and 1 request...

a)stewie? really?
b) please list in alphabetical order or in the order of preference the list of your friends and well wishers.


GM Impy. Thanks for the question/request. I like to answer... and fulfilling requests- if made by friends.

Stewie is my favorite cartoon character... what can I say... like him... for all his faults/trying to kill his mother... hell bent on conquering the world/using foul language... I see a cute kid/smart fellow.

As for list of friends and well wishers... what can I say... everyone is my friend/well wisher! Those who don't like me(wish they did/at least not hate me)... may become friends. If they wish bad for me... all I can say... I wish good for them/their family/everyone.

CM

A++ Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 25, 2011 11:30 am

CroMagnon wrote:And to all my friends in India - Good evening! -- CM


: Here. Apply this Vibhuti on your forehead. Dhadaasthu.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Posts : 17675
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 108

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 25, 2011 11:43 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:And to all my friends in India - Good evening! -- CM


: Here. Apply this Vibhuti on your forehead. Dhadaasthu.


lol!

the rest of you all are just a bunch of bored meanies:-) just saying...

Impedimenta

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:07 pm

i was happier being chopped liver. i don't like this promotion. does it come with responsibilities?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by charvaka Wed May 25, 2011 12:11 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
the rest of you all are just a bunch of bored meanies:-) just saying...
You are right. I confess my sins and I shall repent. Now, you have yourself a nice day. Oh, BTW, a good afternoon to you.
charvaka
charvaka

Posts : 4347
Join date : 2011-04-28
Location : Berkeley, CA

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:14 pm

charvaka wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:Statue of Liberty
May be this confirms the onset of middle age for me. But SoL isn't the way I would spend a gorgeous day off. I would pack desi visitors off to go see the place by themselves. Ellis Island museum is more interesting than the statue itself. Are they letting people go right to the crown these days? Then the views at least are good, and the climb is good exercise. Otherwise, you are better off going to the NJ state park that overlooks the statue.

Yeah. We picked this day to go just so that we get a chance to go to the crown as it's a clear day today. Then it would be Rockefeller, central park, empire state building, and back. None of them care for museums but if they do I'll let them go by themselves.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i was happier being chopped liver. i don't like this promotion. does it come with responsibilities?


HK, i made this. mm mm good...

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/10054

just did not have any mango chutney...

Impedimenta

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 25, 2011 12:16 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i was happier being chopped liver. i don't like this promotion. does it come with responsibilities?
You are anything but chopped liver.... huzfs.. you are one of a kind... unique in your own way... don't let anyone tell you otherwise(love your carefree style of writing/food posts/pics/what you got made today posts!)- you speak your mind.

My wishes/prayers (to God/Allah/Brahma/nature/FSM/whoever) too are with people of Muzzafarpur. One thing I have learned... people of Muzzafarpur... are strong... can't write them off/put them down- they will fight and survive. Like status of liberty... they will stand tall and face the storm... life goes on(!)

CM
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by charvaka Wed May 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Good afternoon, all you folks on the east coast.

Saamiyaar, it is good to see you here.
charvaka
charvaka

Posts : 4347
Join date : 2011-04-28
Location : Berkeley, CA

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 25, 2011 12:39 pm

charvaka wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:
the rest of you all are just a bunch of bored meanies:-) just saying...
You are right. I confess my sins and I shall repent. Now, you have yourself a nice day. Oh, BTW, a good afternoon to you.

child, evil is gonna bite yo ass (c) jolly old man

Impedimenta

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 1:47 pm

LOL!

edit. at the above post though the above three were equally hilarious.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:Statue of Liberty
May be this confirms the onset of middle age for me. But SoL isn't the way I would spend a gorgeous day off. I would pack desi visitors off to go see the place by themselves. Ellis Island museum is more interesting than the statue itself. Are they letting people go right to the crown these days? Then the views at least are good, and the climb is good exercise. Otherwise, you are better off going to the NJ state park that overlooks the statue.

Yeah. We picked this day to go just so that we get a chance to go to the crown as it's a clear day today. Then it would be Rockefeller, central park, empire state building, and back. None of them care for museums but if they do I'll let them go by themselves.

Darn it. Won't be able to go in the crown. The passes are sold out weeks in advance and they no longer keep the long lines there.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by charvaka Wed May 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:None of them care for museums but if they do I'll let them go by themselves.

Oh no... the museums are one of the best things about that city. At least the Met -- it is hard to find a collection like that anywhere in the world outside of Paris. And if there's kids in the party, the USS Intrepid.
charvaka
charvaka

Posts : 4347
Join date : 2011-04-28
Location : Berkeley, CA

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 25, 2011 2:21 pm

charvaka wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:None of them care for museums but if they do I'll let them go by themselves.

Oh no... the museums are one of the best things about that city. At least the Met -- it is hard to find a collection like that anywhere in the world outside of Paris. And if there's kids in the party, the USS Intrepid.

absolutely agree! my daughter's favorite place in the whole wide world - her words. i am taking her this monday if my son would let go of me...

Impedimenta

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Ya. But I've only so many days off (unless I resign which I'm planning to - any day now depending on my mood). So if they go to museums they go by themselves. Slowly they are getting comfortable about roaming the city on their own. Only the next week left now.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 2:01 am

One says Change and the other says Inertia.

Very confusing.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Another Brick Thu May 26, 2011 2:11 am

CroMagnon wrote:
Stewie is my favorite cartoon character... what can I say... like him... for all his faults/trying to kill his mother... hell bent on conquering the world/using foul language... I see a cute kid/smart fellow.
CM

the best that there is. among the TV serials, i miss The Family Guy the most here in India. they telecast it at 11:30 PM on Start World but that's too late for me. what the deuce! my wife looks suspiciously at me when i am checking out whatever vids are available on youtube (hulu dot com does not work from india) laughing like a kid. stewie griffin and peter griffin. hahaha. seth mcfarlane's voice over makes it even more enjoyable.


Another Brick

Posts : 1495
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 2:15 am

Another Brick wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:
Stewie is my favorite cartoon character... what can I say... like him... for all his faults/trying to kill his mother... hell bent on conquering the world/using foul language... I see a cute kid/smart fellow.
CM

the best that there is. among the TV serials, i miss The Family Guy the most here in India. they telecast it at 11:30 PM on Start World but that's too late for me. what the deuce! my wife looks suspiciously at me when i am checking out whatever vids are available on youtube (hulu dot com does not work from india) laughing like a kid. stewie griffin and peter griffin. hahaha. seth mcfarlane's voice over makes it even more enjoyable.


Do you watch Dexter? I can't get enough of this show!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Another Brick Thu May 26, 2011 2:18 am

no, i do not. i'll perhaps start watching it once Mumbai loses to Chennai in the final. then my misery will end, and i can go back to other channels my cablewala has to offer.

Another Brick

Posts : 1495
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Empty Re: Good Morning

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum