Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gratitude :)

2 posters

Go down

A gratitude :) Empty A gratitude :)

Post by Nila Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:19 pm

When I was new in CA (like 7 years back). Once I went to Oakland for an interview and was lost my way back to home. I took a bus...coz we had only one car then. It was noon and I had no smart phone with me...no map, battery dead and was miserable. I took chances and waited on some stop - before boarding the bus I asked the driver about my stop - all I had to do was to go back to the BART station. She told me to wait on the other side (south bound). I kinda understood - it was really hot and didn't have strength to walk.

While she was back she saw me still waiting and she pulled the bus over and waved at me. I walked to the bus and she requested me to board the bus. I didn't have change - she told me..."Madam...that's fine, you can pay later". She dropped me at the correct stop and gave me the bus number and the driver's name. I didn't hear properly so she wrote down on a paper.

I waited there and I still didn't have change. The other bus dropped me to the BART station and also told me I can pay later.

All of the sudden I remember them and I am very thankful to them.

Nila

Back to top Go down

A gratitude :) Empty Re: A gratitude :)

Post by Bittu Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:27 pm

When i got to the US (Cali) in the 90s, I found people to be very helpful in general. Almost every other day I would encounter some act of kindness. Felt really good. I think 9/11 has changed that quite a bit. People aren't as benevolent, trusting and kind as they used to be.

How have you been Sasthi? I miss you some times and wonder how things are at your end. Hope all's well.

xoxo, B

Bittu

Back to top Go down