Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my IT refunds are held up...

3 posters

Go down

my IT refunds are held up... Empty my IT refunds are held up...

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 2:18 am

...for the last 4 years for various reasons. some files are in scrutiny. some files are still being processed. some files have a missing commissioner, deputy commissioner etc. who can authorize the refund. and some blokes are getting refunds without ever having paid taxes! Shocked

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2011/may/300511-No-investment-big-returns.htm

time for me to open my third eye. cyclops

Back to top Go down

my IT refunds are held up... Empty Re: my IT refunds are held up...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 31, 2011 2:22 am

I read somewhere if you invoke RTI and shoot a letter seeking details on your files, they buckle and settle your file - pronto.

Try it.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 2:27 am

uiiii. i got to try this. but i also don't want to tick them off. i'll talk to my consultant right now. txs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 31, 2011 3:16 am

i got mine two weeks ago. i had actually given up so it appeared bonus to me. i think uppili's advice is perhaps capital. i overheard someone saying the same thing in my office.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 31, 2011 12:23 pm

I had a 30K refund due on the very first set of returns I filed after returning to India. Far from paying it, two years later, these bozos send me a notice saying I hadn't paid any taxes and asking for interest for the duration.

This despite attaching Form 16, and having a NSDL record of the TDS deposited in their account. The amount is small so it can't be a racket - this smacks of plain sarkari incompetence.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 31, 2011 12:23 pm

I had a 30K refund due on the very first set of returns I filed after returning to India. Far from paying it, two years later, these bozos send me a notice saying I hadn't paid any taxes and asking for interest for the duration.

This despite attaching Form 16, and having a NSDL record of the TDS deposited in their account. The amount is small so it can't be a racket - this smacks of plain sarkari incompetence.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down