Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warner does it (cricket)

+5
MaxEntropy_Man
nevada
goodcitizn
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Captain Bhankas
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Warner does it (cricket) - Page 2 Empty Re: Warner does it (cricket)

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
If he stays for an hour or so, Dhoni could easily push the score to 600 and decl.

Jadeja bowled decently and most stringent, and by staying the middle long enough to put on a siezeable partnership. There is no reason to drop him. This guy has been given 1 or 2 chances before being dropped - so many many times. The second test team will be the same.

If anything, they need to change fast bowlers, and Sehwag can excuse himself on injury to bring Rahane.

Samiyaar ji, Jadeja Ji was given quite a long rope in shorter versions of the game. He did OK in his debut test against ENG, he probably deserves another test or two to let him find his grove, he was treated fair all along. If anyone is unlucky that would be Manoj Tiwary (now that Pujara appears to be nicely settled down as #3) and Rohit Sharma to some extent (getting injured on the day of test debut).

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:43 am

India finally played like a home team using(not abusing) all its advantages. While credit is due to ashwin and spinners the pressure was created by dhoni's extra runs. As lead increased aussies lost psychologically. India needs to finish last pair without much work to not allow any comfort to aussies.
Is hyd a spinner friendly place?
Sure dhoni deserves mom but ashwin should get it because it helps him more.
I think ojha should be in for second test to play in front of his home crowd.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:45 am

truthbetold wrote:India finally played like a home team using(not abusing) all its advantages. While credit is due to ashwin and spinners the pressure was created by dhoni's extra runs. As lead increased aussies lost psychologically. India needs to finish last pair without much work to not allow any comfort to aussies.
Is hyd a spinner friendly place?
Sure dhoni deserves mom but ashwin should get it because it helps him more.
I think ojha should be in for second test to play in front of his home crowd.

I dont know why Jadeja should be replaced by Ojha. I was anti-jadeja bcz he was being looked at as a batsman and he was not up to that. Now he has proved himself as a good and able spinner who can take 2 to 3 wkts an innings, his batting now is an add on. What is Ojha going to add at this point ?

In India, everyone is seen only as a batsman or a bowler - ppl never think one can do both the jobs well. Captain tends to think most allrounders into batsmen - denying their due as a bowler - and set them up for a failure. solkar was a good spinner and he was made into a batsmen - everything from an opener to #8, and made to forget everything about his bowling. Kapil was the only one but he was a bowler who ended up improving his batting.

replacing jadeja with Ojha is a sure way of killing him. This is only his second test match and he will improve his batting if he is given enough bowling.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:41 pm

BK is our new "all rounder". Drop Jadeja and bring in Ojha. He will be keen to prove a point and the home crowd will fire him up. Look at how well local boys Dhoni and Ashwin did in Madras.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:28 am

Bhajji sirji's prediction has come true - 1/4th of it. 1 down, 3 more to go.
Tendulkar's 2 sixes off the first 2 balls he faced were fun to watch. Is he the first batsman to do so? I hope to find out on cricinfo very soon.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 am

nevada wrote:Bhajji sirji's prediction has come true - 1/4th of it. 1 down, 3 more to go.
Tendulkar's 2 sixes off the first 2 balls he faced were fun to watch. Is he the first batsman to do so? I hope to find out on cricinfo very soon.

Yes, Sachin blasted right off! Murali Vijay once again got out from an errant shot. Wonder if he'll be given another chance or replaced by Dhawan. Frankly, not impressed with Sehwag's form either. Should have his glasses checked! I'm sure the Aussies will add Doherty to their line up and possibly Steve Smith. Dhoni was very humble in his interview after being awarded MOM.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:34 am

this was a satisfying victory for India. good job by ashwin, dhoni, kohli, SRT and b kumar (while batting). i hope that indian team does not get carried away by this victory. we were in a similar situation during ENG series but lost it anyway. AUS will improve their game dramatically in the next three matches.

aside, you have to give it to aussies for NOT whining much. they rarely complain about the pitch, umpiring, injuries, weather, lack of practice, global warming etc. unlike IND. clarke admitted that IND was a better team and they won and he did not criticize the pitch.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2