Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copybook Life Cycle is NOT life.

+4
Kris
bw
seven
TruthSeeker
8 posters

Go down

Copybook Life Cycle is NOT life. Empty Copybook Life Cycle is NOT life.

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:22 am

I am a parent, want my kids to get best college education, unless they show talent like Sachin Tendulkar in an out-of-the-box field. Then, I want them to get married to their love, have kids....and err....follow a life cycle that I resisted to have? Where is the "catch" ? Where is the "freedom" from this copybook life cycle? Is life really college-marriage-kids-401K? Nah. Then how come we are all living it?

Random musings,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Copybook Life Cycle is NOT life. Empty Re: Copybook Life Cycle is NOT life.

Post by seven Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:55 am

As a parent you can want different things for your kids. How they live their lives is their call. If that's a life like yours, then so be it with college, work marriage kids n 401k.
If something else then that.

It doesn't have to be labelled copycat life if it's like yours n ootb if like sachin's. It's just life.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:13 am

doesn't sound like the real TS at all Sad

uffO!

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:14 am

Doesnt sound like THE real bw at all too! :-)

A TS has dealt with a zillion bw's, who have claimed to know one TS! :-)

Realize what U say.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:17 am

TruthSeeker wrote:Doesnt sound like THE real bw at all too! :-)

Realize what U say.

i know, there are infinite parallel universes with a TS and a bw interacting on SUCH in every one of them!

how do i deal with THAT truth? uffO!

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:14 am

bw wrote:
TruthSeeker wrote:Doesnt sound like THE real bw at all too! :-)

Realize what U say.

i know, there are infinite parallel universes with a TS and a bw interacting on SUCH in every one of them!

how do i deal with THAT truth? uffO!

>>> sri bhagavan uvaca:
you and I have had many lives arjuna, you don't know them, but I do. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:34 am

TruthSeeker wrote:I am a parent, want my kids to get best college education, unless they show talent like Sachin Tendulkar in an out-of-the-box field. Then, I want them to get married to their love, have kids....and err....follow a life cycle that I resisted to have? Where is the "catch" ? Where is the "freedom" from this copybook life cycle? Is life really college-marriage-kids-401K? Nah. Then how come we are all living it?

Random musings,
TS.

Child, if only you understood the purpose of life, you wouldn't ask such koschens. Go back and read it here.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:37 am

bw wrote:doesn't sound like the real TS at all Sad

uffO!

When he doesn't know his true self, how can he know how he is supposed to sound?? Uff..you're adding to his confusion.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:35 am

Stop licking each others'. Jeez. What kinda responses to my original post that has nothing to do with you two.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:52 am

All in all, its just a, another brick in the wall!

Hmm...

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:44 am

At the end of the day - We are all earning $, kids, college, old age, and death. Its a sorry picture of human life!

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:41 am

TruthSeeker wrote:All in all, its just a, another brick in the wall!

Hmm...

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:04 am

So how do you want it to be?

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:51 pm

@Seven - Do you have kids? Dont you want them to excel in some sports/music? If yes, dont you spend twice a week take-them-to-class routine? Do you want your kids to attend the best college esp. if they are attending gifted special classes at school? Dont you want to make sure that you save enough to pay for their college?

The way you speak, you dont have any kids, or if any, they are babies.

In any case, I respect your insights about life.

Thanks,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:22 am

TruthSeeker wrote:@Seven - Do you have kids? Dont you want them to excel in some sports/music? If yes, dont you spend twice a week take-them-to-class routine? Do you want your kids to attend the best college esp. if they are attending gifted special classes at school? Dont you want to make sure that you save enough to pay for their college?

The way you speak, you dont have any kids, or if any, they are babies.

In any case, I respect your insights about life.

Thanks,
TS.

Like I said, we can want a lot of things for them. We can save money for college, we can plan for the kind of person they'll marry n things we would like to do on their 16th bday. We can want them to go to top universities. We can want all we want.

If they live the way we want them to or not is upto them. If they choose to live like their parents then so be it. I wouldn't call it copy paste life. It's just life.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:27 am

Life is whatever we make of it. If your life is college, marriage, kids, kids education 401k then that's your life.

If you think that's not the life you want, change it. You made choices that got you where you are today. That's why you are living the studies college 401k life.
You can make other choices n change the direction of your life. Not saying it's easy. But your question - if this isn't life then why are we living it - is absurd.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:25 pm

@Satto - You misread me. What you read as "I want to", I have always meant "I need to" !

I "need to" think about a Will, because I want to ensure that my kids end up with their grandparents or my siblings, not in a foster home.

I "need to" think about life insurance, because I want to ensure that my wife/kids are ok financially.

I "need to" think about 401k, about college tuition, because I want to ensure that IF my free kids (whatever they want to do!) choose a path which needs help, I can provide it.

You make it all sound as if these are my "wants". I think they are my duties.

If one wants to live life totally free, then I honestly think that one should not get married or have any kids.

Thats why I repeat - I need a Guru, not like Buddha or Tukaram.

Thanks,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:46 am

Yup! You're right. You made choices that led you to live a life about 401k n 529 plans and worry about kids n family.
You cannot say, "is this life? Nah! Then why are we living it"

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:30 am

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:22 pm

@Satto - Nah. I refuse to simply blame it on choices. Choices are infinite, no matter where one is, at what stage in life. And its not about one person, you are indirectly saying that its impossible for a married person to seek Truth, to find God, to find Absolute, unless one leaves all attachments, and family duties, like Buddha or Tukaram did? I dont know, but my heart disagrees.

@FH - I really appreciate the relevant videos you post. I watch them keenly. Then I *sigh*, and question myself - Are you really ready? :-)

Thanks
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:54 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
@FH - I really appreciate the relevant videos you post. I watch them keenly. Then I *sigh*, and question myself - Are you really ready? :-)

Thanks
TS.
TS, IMHO you know the answer to your question but just do not want to accept it... Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Wow! 

I dont think I can "conclude" anything in this lifetime.

The only reason I shun both theists and atheists alike.

I envy theists like Bua, parents, grandparents - who had faith based simply on their devotion which they never questioned - But I still fail to agree, and I totally do not understand atheists because they do not even bother to know by themselves, but simply reject who claim to know i.e. they conclusion is "dependent", not "self discovered".

Regards,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:44 pm

I devote this to THE Guru:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBoYZqmcZuc

In all humility I request that he should watch it, once.

Regards,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:20 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:@Satto - Nah. I refuse to simply blame it on choices. Choices are infinite, no matter where one is, at what stage in life. And its not about one person, you are indirectly saying that its impossible for a married person to seek Truth, to find God, to find Absolute, unless one leaves all attachments, and family duties, like Buddha or Tukaram did? I dont know, but my heart disagrees.

Thanks
TS.

That's precisely how it works. until you lose all attachments and seek only truth, you're not gonna get it. that means, family, friends, possessions, position, everything. that's why it's difficult for married people. we become more n more worldly. 

your heart is possessed. that's why it disagrees. you can disagree but it is about choices. If you chose a family life, you cannot expect to get freedom from the 401K kids and job, you're not gonna get it instantly. that's the life you chose and that's why you're living it @ ur OP.

if you want freedom from all this, start making choices in that direction and you'll get there too.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:58 pm

@Satto - Hmm.

Hmmm.

And Hmmmmmm indeed.

You are right in many ways, but I am not yet ready to accept this. It fails the hope of any married person to find God/Truth.

If none have done it in past, does not mean its not possible.

Any Absolute Truth, MUST be accessible to be any dutibound person.

It HAS to be SIMPLE.

Not some complicated way, or complicated entity.

Regards,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:23 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:It fails the hope of any married person to find God/Truth.

Regards,
TS.
http://www.satsangbhavan.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._W._L._Poonja

After all his attempts had failed he returned to his family in Lyallpur. A sadhu appeared at the door soon after and Poonja asked him the question he had asked swamis throughout the country: "Can you show me God? If not, do you know of anyone who can?" The sadhu told him that there was a person, Ramana Maharshi, who could show him God and explained how to find Ramana Maharshi at Tiruvannamalai in southern India. At the soonest opportunity, Poonjaji travelled to Tiruvannamalai to meet the sage Ramana Maharshi at Ramanashramam at Arunachala. This happened in 1944 when Poonja was thirty-one.
However, rather than giving another vision of God, Ramana pointed him in the direction of his own self:
I cannot show you God or enable you to see God because God is not an object that can be seen. God is the subject. He is the seer. Don't concern your­self with objects that can be seen. Find out who the seer is.[web 2]

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:08 pm

seven wrote:

That's precisely how it works. until you lose all attachments and seek only truth, you're not gonna get it. that means, family, friends, possessions, position, everything. that's why it's difficult for married people. we become more n more worldly. 

your heart is possessed. that's why it disagrees. you can disagree but it is about choices. If you chose a family life, you cannot expect to get freedom from the 401K kids and job, you're not gonna get it instantly. that's the life you chose and that's why you're living it @ ur OP.

if you want freedom from all this, start making choices in that direction and you'll get there too.

By 'attachments' you seem to hint family (parents, spouse, children), house, wealth, accomplishments etc. A person or thing doesn't become an attachment unless we are clinging to it ourselves. The strong feelings of 'these things are mine' and 'these people are mine' a la embellishments to our own identity is what entrenches attachment. If we can operate with just a pure sense of responsibility towards people and the assets we 'own' then the attachments will not be deep rooted and we are ever ready to dispose them off from our life at will. 

However, your general hint, that continuous exercise of Free Will over Fate and Conscious Choice over Subconscious compulsions/habits in various aspects of life is definitely going to help one become more free as life progresses.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:15 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:@Satto - Hmm.

Hmmm.

And Hmmmmmm indeed.

You are right in many ways, but I am not yet ready to accept this. It fails the hope of any married person to find God/Truth.

If none have done it in past, does not mean its not possible.

Any Absolute Truth, MUST be accessible to be any duty bound person.

It HAS to be SIMPLE.

Not some complicated way, or complicated entity.

Regards,
TS.

The 'Absolute Truth' you are looking for is not to be grasped or accessed but to become one with. This is what was meant in 'jeevO dEvah sanatanah' OR 'jeevO brahmaiva nA parah'. To grasp a thing, a person or feeling or thought process you become an Observer of it. But to grasp the Observer itself.. you have no choice but to become just that.. just become the sAkshi/Witness/Observer without regard to what is being Observed. Because here the Observed is not the one to be grasped but the Observer itself.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi smArtha,

You highlighted and replied on:

"Any Absolute Truth, MUST be accessible to be any duty bound person."

I'd appreciate if you could reply on what I followed it with:

"It HAS to be SIMPLE.

Not some complicated way, or complicated entity."

Why must Truth be explained as abstract "observer should become what s/he observes", in Sanskrit phrases (which may appeal to Westerners), but NEVER in simple terms?

You know, if I really understand Calculus, I can make a 7 year old understand it.

Regards,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:08 am

TruthSeeker wrote:Hi smArtha,

You highlighted and replied on:

"Any Absolute Truth, MUST be accessible to be any duty bound person."

"It HAS to be SIMPLE.

Why must Truth be explained as abstract "observer should become what s/he observes", in Sanskrit phrases (which may appeal to Westerners), but NEVER in simple terms?

You know, if I really understand Calculus, I can make a 7 year old understand it.

Regards,
TS.
It has to be experienced, not understood. Simple enough?

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:16 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:I am a parent, want my kids to get best college education, unless they show talent like Sachin Tendulkar in an out-of-the-box field. Then, I want them to get married to their love, have kids....and err....follow a life cycle that I resisted to have? Where is the "catch" ? Where is the "freedom" from this copybook life cycle? Is life really college-marriage-kids-401K? Nah. Then how come we are all living it?

Random musings,
TS.
सुर मंदिर तरु मूल निवासः
शय्या भूतल मजिनं वासः
सर्व परिग्रह भोग त्यागः
कस्य सुखं करोति विरागः  

पुनरपि जननं पुनरपि मरणं
पुनरपि जननी जठरे शयनम्
इह संसारे बहुदुस्तारे
कृपयाऽपारे पाहि मुरारे

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:57 am

TruthSeeker wrote:Hi smArtha,

"It HAS to be SIMPLE.

It is indeed simple neither easy nor difficult but just plain SIMPLE. Except that once we are very conditioned with specific perspectives or view points we almost always overlook the simple ones. Happened to me quite often and I do hope with you and almost everyone else. How much of life, effort and all you had invested in many other things before even you asked yourself a simple question about what is this Life about OR what is the relevance of all that is being done with Life in general? 

Also, it is not that the Observer should become what s/he observes.. although it is often the penultimate step for the ultimate - Observer becomes just that i.e Observer itself or alternately Observer is absorbed into That which is observing, again the Observer itself

I can take on your claim to make a 7, 17 or 70 year old to understand calculus..but that is not too much relevant to this topic.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:17 pm

Respected sMartha,

Your replies make me think.

Thanks for your replies.

Put it simply - What is THE absolute TRUTH of human birth?

Please share your thoughts, as if talking to an ignorant human.

Regards,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down