Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good color for a manicure

+8
ashaNirasha
indophile
goodcitizn
Jeremiah Mburuburu
seven
Nila
Maria S
Impedimenta
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

good color for a manicure Empty good color for a manicure

Post by Impedimenta Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:41 pm

i have not had one in years. i always have a pedi.

http://www.google.com/#safe=active&sclient=psy-ab&q=ibd+brandy+wine&oq=ibd+brandy+wine&gs_l=hp.3...3626.3626.1.3767.1.1.0.0.0.0.127.127.0j1.1.0.ernk_timediscounta..0.0...1.1.16.psy-ab.4Dj-TPwCaZ0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47534661,d.dmQ&fp=a41a39a181af028f&biw=1003&bih=699

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

good color for a manicure Empty Re: good color for a manicure

Post by Maria S Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:56 pm

I-ma,

That's a nice color for late fall and winter (and dressed up-functions at any time of the year)!

For just casual..various shades of pink and orange (more in pink) seem natural and nicer during the spring and summer months, imo.

http://cosmetic-candy.com/elf-pink-nail-polishes-fluorescent-pink-gum-pink-passion-pink-and-mango-madness/

Last edited by Maria S on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:57 pm

oh, I been wanting to post something about the mani-pedi i got on saturday, in a new place altogether different from my regular ones. It was from heaven. Got special pedi, in which they removed all the callous from the feet. In addition, the guy there massaged my feet for 10+ minutes. Can you believe it... massage ALONE for 10+ minutes. Never had that before. *heaven* While he was still doing the pedi massage, another guy did my mani at the same time. *heaven x 2*. His hands were much tougher when massaging, so wanted to shift him to my feet, but he was more of a manicurist, and drew the cutest of patterns on my ring finger. Anyway, this was the closest I will ever come to an mmf action. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how to photoshop-slim my fingers.

btw, your link simply sent me to a general google link.
btw2, yes, mint green is in.

Last edited by Vidya Bagchi on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Looks good. I haven't had one in years. The salon is always crowded coz of the price and I am too lazy to make an appointment. I mehandi it and it works fine for few weeks. LOL I know, mehandi is a lot of work than calling, but...

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:59 pm

why can't I see the color?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:09 pm

good color for a manicure 56518-BRANDY-WINE__54474_zoom
Vidya Bagchi wrote:why can't I see the color?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:10 pm

like the color. thanks nila!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:oh, I been wanting to post something about the mani-pedi i got on saturday, in a new place altogether different from my regular ones. It was from heaven. Got special pedi, in which they removed all the callous from the feet. In addition, the guy there massaged my feet for 10+ minutes. Can you believe it... massage ALONE for 10+ minutes. Never had that before. *heaven* While he was still doing the pedi massage, another guy did my mani at the same time. *heaven x 2*. His hands were much tougher when massaging, so wanted to shift him to my feet, but he was more of a manicurist, and drew the cutest of patterns on my ring finger. Anyway, this was the closest I will ever come to an mmf action. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how to photoshop-slim my fingers.

Never been to a salon where guys give medi/Pedi. I always get a Pedi before hitting a beach...it’s only during summer and other seasons the feet’s are always covered with socks and who cares.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:oh, I been wanting to post something about the mani-pedi i got on saturday, in a new place altogether different from my regular ones. It was from heaven. Got special pedi, in which they removed all the callous from the feet. In addition, the guy there massaged my feet for 10+ minutes. Can you believe it... massage ALONE for 10+ minutes. Never had that before. *heaven* While he was still doing the pedi massage, another guy did my mani at the same time. *heaven x 2*. His hands were much tougher when massaging, so wanted to shift him to my feet, but he was more of a manicurist, and drew the cutest of patterns on my ring finger. Anyway, this was the closest I will ever come to an mmf action. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how to photoshop-slim my fingers.

good color for a manicure NGilgEw

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:36 pm

That's cute VB.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:53 pm

Nila wrote:That's cute VB.

Thanks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:23 pm

Nila wrote:

Never been to a salon where guys give medi/Pedi. I always get a Pedi before hitting a beach...it’s only during summer and other seasons the feet’s are always covered with socks and who cares.

Guess I am used to it. All chinku Nails here have both men and women. Those are family shops, and the guys are not necessarily gay. Back home in my little town as well, the salon I go to, the parsi lady there has both men/women employees. So am used to getting mani/pedi or hair done by men too. They fuss MUCH more over you. It's also sort of a revelation to see clean, prim and proper lower-middle-class gay (am pretty sure they are gay) desi boys there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:38 am

M akka

I don't know which colors suit what season. i am very feminine that way:-) i love this color. I have an event to go to this weekend and this matches my outfit.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:54 am

Impedimenta wrote:M akka

I don't know which colors suit what season. i am very feminine that way:-) i love this color. I have an event to go to this weekend and this matches my outfit.

I was just stating my pref dear I..no one has to follow seasonal patterns or any trends I! And sometimes find people who could not care less-don't follow any conventional formals..even men who wear pink shirts and bright red pants seem bold and nice..if it they have the matching personality:)

*Any shade of red-brown (crimson and red wine colors for lipstick and nails are classic and hot colors)..am sure with an matching outfit you will be dazzling..have fun!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:37 pm

LOL, did not even know that there are seasonal colors for nails:-) but, i am super excited about this event. After reading your high heels thread, i am tempted to go get a matching pair. he he....

Look at this gorgeous pair of pumps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZARA-VAMP-SHOE-WITH-STUDDED-HEEL-BLOGGER-SHOES-SANDAL-36-41-Ref-1172-201-/190844045337#ht_440wt_1142

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:46 pm

ohhh, look at this number from OPI

http://www.luuux.com/health-beauty/opi-im-not-really-waitress-polish

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:53 pm

you seem really excited about this event. if this is the color you wanna go with and it matches your outfit, why not try two tone nailpolish? depending on your footwear and jewelry maybe do red and gold or black perhaps?

good color for a manicure 37774_364370036971087_1463341254_n

haffun!

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

good color for a manicure NGilgEw

the best i have gotten so far is an hour long manicure. the girl was new at my regular place and spent literally an hour on just my hands. it could be because i went in around 2 in the afternoon on a weekday and no one else was around. they usually spend 30 min on mani and if you're doing both together then an hour for basic pedi. if you lliked the massage then you should try the hot stone massage. you'll LOVE it b-)

btw thats ur ring finger??

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:21 am

seven wrote:
btw thats ur ring finger??

Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:46 am

seven wrote:you seem really excited about this event. if this is the color you wanna go with and it matches your outfit, why not try two tone nailpolish? depending on your footwear and jewelry maybe do red and gold or black perhaps?

haffun!

great idea. never even thought of two tone. i have never even tried it before. well, i don't get manicures anyway:-) thanks

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:45 am

seven wrote:you seem really excited about this event. if this is the color you wanna go with and it matches your outfit, why not try two tone nailpolish? depending on your footwear and jewelry maybe do red and gold or black perhaps?

haffun!

That's quite lovely Seven Babe!  Like the colors and style-glitter;) Freshly painted..am sure looks very nice.

As for high heels..if one has to wear them for more than a couple of hours..those with ankle straps (look cool too, imo) and shaped well to give good dorsal and arch support
for the feet can minimize the strain and prevent back pain, and pain in the calf muscles.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:04 am

haffun!

what "event" is being referred to? i wouldn't ask if it weren't part of a public discussion. is impedimenta excited about the event? does she not know what colours and colour combinaions she likes? is impedimenta actually a northindian?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:09 am

Maria dear: I think two-tone nail polish is mainly for ladies to check each other out and exchange compliments. Most men hardly notice them. And usually ladies who have matching lipstick, mascara, nail polish, handbag, shoes and the whole bit either have poor self-esteem or too much time in their hands. Men know automatically who has the goods and who don't so all the window-dressing is for women members of the mutual admiration society for oooh and aaahh exclamations.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 am

goodcitizn wrote:Maria dear: I think two-tone nail polish is mainly for ladies to check each other out and exchange compliments. Most men hardly notice them. And usually ladies who have matching lipstick, mascara, nail polish, handbag, shoes and the whole bit either have poor self-esteem or too much time in their hands. Men know automatically who has the goods and who don't so all the window-dressing is for women members of the mutual admiration society for oooh and aaahh exclamations.

gdctzn, this discussion seems to be for seven-like northindian women. hence, the interest in make-up and glitter. TMB - The Main Bore - is gonna be here soon to save the northindians and the PEWTTs - Persons Equipped With The Thing - from me.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:34 am

Impedimenta wrote:ohhh, look at this number from OPI

http://www.luuux.com/health-beauty/opi-im-not-really-waitress-polish

Look at this! Two-toning these "beauties" requires a lot of time on your hand. With or without the color, these nails (and the owner of the nails) will be noticed.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:48 am

goodcitizn wrote:Maria dear: I think two-tone nail polish is mainly for ladies to check each other out and exchange compliments. Most men hardly notice them. And usually ladies who have matching lipstick, mascara, nail polish, handbag, shoes and the whole bit either have poor self-esteem or too much time in their hands. Men know automatically who has the goods and who don't so all the window-dressing is for women members of the mutual admiration society for oooh and aaahh exclamations.

Sure dear GC:)

It's mainly to impress other women and "feel good that we look nice"..and why not! Well, frankly do like shoes and sandals and like to at least "somewhat" match with what I wear..and that's about it..if it's a special function/event..do take some effort to match more..and that I know that is TMI!

But, I like to see people who get excited and show off what I can't/won't! Some years ago..it was interesting to see..esp. Black women in the US with their striking-creative hairstyles (which takes hours!) and all their nails glittered up with fake nails...now everyone has began to imitate them! taken on the nail art, glitter..well don't want to have a big discussion about "where did nail art come from?"..think you can get what I am implying.

An occasional compliment and attention to "little details" from men is nice..but, I would roll my eyes if a man is falling in love with cosmetics and is getting excited by it:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 am

Dunno... almost all of my 4 ex's noticed e'thing and encouraged me to wear better clothes, colors, accessories, makeup, and hair, maybe coz my style is very drabby. (Except XH, who also noticed, but would point out only if I was looking bad coz of stuff on me.) One would even take me to stores to buy stuff, or point out fashions in other women, and encourage me to do the same. No sir, no one was even remotely a bi, afaik.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:58 am

Maria S wrote:

It's mainly to impress other women and "feel good that we look nice"..and why not! Well, frankly do like shoes and sandals and like to at least "somewhat" match with what I wear..and that's about it..if it's a special function/event..do take some effort to match more..and that I know that is TMI!

But, I like to see people who get excited and show off what I can't/won't! Some years ago..it was interesting to see..esp. Black women in the US with their striking-creative hairstyles (which takes hours!) and all their nails glittered up with fake nails...now everyone has began to imitate them! taken on the nail art, glitter..well don't want to have a big discussion about "where did nail art come from?"..think you can get what I am implying.

An occasional compliment and attention to "little details" from men is nice..but, I would roll my eyes if a man is falling in love with cosmetics and is getting excited by it:)

ya, i been told my nail art is "ghetto", but i don't care Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Maria S wrote:

My grandmother used to laugh and say, "If a lady in a wedding compliments another about her jewelry, it is mainly to draw attention to her own jewelry that would be twice as big or more expensive!"

I agree that a little attention to detail scores a few points but most men fail miserably in that department. Remember the movie, "The American President"? Michael Douglas is reminded by his adolescent daughter to compliment Annette Bening on her shoes!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:11 pm

lol, talking about shoes... this was in first year in college, and I was walking down the campus. I would sometimes get comments from the boys standing there, and had learned to keep a blank expression, no matter who said what. No amusement, no anger, no disgust. Walk like you heard nothing.

So anyway, that day when I was walking down the campus, this guy said out loud, 'BEAUTIFUL!'. This was nothing new for me. I continued walking, completely pretending to ignore. Other guy asked him something that I could not hear, but I think he asked him, 'kya?', meaning 'what'... this guy goes loudly, 'THE SHOES YAAR'.

This was the one time I could not not help LOLing on the streets, but I made sure it wasn't so obvious to those two. So much for my vanity in thinking he called me beautiful.

Last edited by Vidya Bagchi on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Dunno... almost all of my 4 ex's noticed e'thing and encouraged me to wear better clothes, colors, accessories, makeup, and hair, maybe coz my style is very drabby. (Except XH, who also noticed, but would point out only if I was looking bad coz of stuff on me.) One would even take me to stores to buy stuff, or point out fashions in other women, and encourage me to do the same. No sir, no one was even remotely a bi, afaik.

Sure, men appreciate good grooming and hygiene but not necessarily all the extravaganza of a meticulouly made-up woman. Most men care more about what's in the package than its catchy ribbon and wrapping paper.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:16 pm

I was talking about the ribbon and wrapping paper wonly.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:I was talking about the ribbon and wrapping paper wonly.

Yes, and so was I in talking about brown paper packages tied up with strings ... these are a few of my favorite things!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:41 pm

I'm with Maria on this one. Wine, burgundy, mauve and all those darker shades are winter colors. Don't know why but women seem to go for darker shades for hair and nails in winter, and lighter in summer.

Has any one here tried shellac? I never go for manicure as it barely lasts 2 days with the amount of hand washing I do.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:43 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:I'm with Maria on this one. Wine, burgundy, mauve and all those darker shades are winter colors. Don't know why but women seem to go for darker shades for hair and nails in winter, and lighter in summer.

Has any one here tried shellac? I never go for manicure as it barely lasts 2 days with the amount of hand washing I do.
Are you descended from Pontius Pilate?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:Has any one here tried shellac? I never go for manicure as it barely lasts 2 days with the amount of hand washing I do.

Yes. they do last. will do one before my india trip.

my nail polish from saturday began chipping today. i enjoy this phase too, coz i like to see how much of it i can pull out. i have been successful in clearing out 2 nails completely. 3 other are half done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:15 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:I'm with Maria on this one. Wine, burgundy, mauve and all those darker shades are winter colors. Don't know why but women seem to go for darker shades for hair and nails in winter, and lighter in summer.

same for me with manicures. i had one a few years ago and i think lasted two days. Anyways, i just wanted a manicure and thought this event might be a good start and the color might as well match my saree. but i really think i don't have the time to do this beforfe saturday :-(

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:

gdctzn, this discussion seems to be for seven-like northindian women. hence, the interest in make-up and glitter. TMB - The Main Bore - is gonna be here soon to save the northindians and the PEWTTs - Persons Equipped With The Thing - from me.

On this subject, I don't see a northindian/southindian divide and I doubt if Carvaka will pay any attention to your bait.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:19 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:

On this subject, I don't see a northindian/southindian divide and I doubt if Carvaka will pay any attention to your bait.
Actually, Achachan is just being his usual delusional self, if he thinks people need protection from him.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:08 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

My grandmother used to laugh and say, "If a lady in a wedding compliments another about her jewelry, it is mainly to draw attention to her own jewelry that would be twice as big or more expensive!"

I agree that a little attention to detail scores a few points but most men fail miserably in that department. Remember the movie, "The American President"? Michael Douglas is reminded by his adolescent daughter to compliment Annette Bening on her shoes!

Your grandmother was a shrewd lady:)

It's funny how people draw attention to themselves..everyone does it.. just in "different ways"..

It reminds me of how people in functions..esp. in weddings in India, when they are eating in "pandhis"..food on fresh banana leaves..if they want another serving of food for themselves but hesitant to be loud and ask for it..will point to the person next to them and say.."amma, saar..inga pakkithiley..ivarukku ilaiyila koncham sadham- biriyani (whatever) podunga..koncham sambhar/kurma oothunga"..(thinking when they come and serve that to the person's leaf next to them-they will pay attention to their banana leaf and serve the same for them too..or gently say.."ingeyum koncham podunga" (as you are serving them, just serve a little for me too"Smile 

Yes, remember that scene in "The American President"..daughters can be good matchmakers for single Dads and encourage them..if they like the lady..if not, they can give hell to the potential stepmom, when they are possessive of their Dads:)  See that a lot these days..boys are not eager matchmakers for their single Moms..that's entirely different dynamics!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:14 pm

XH would do it... like if we were eating, and he wanted more, but not much would be left, he would beging insisting me (or others) to have more have more have more... Since I came with zero social graces, I would either take it, or say no. it took me about 6-8 months of marriage, slow that i was, to know it's HE who wants to finish it. So then, I would say stoically, 'No you can finish it, I am done'. Or I would grab just a little, and let him finish the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:23 pm

Maria S wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Your grandmother was a shrewd lady:)

It's funny how people draw attention to themselves..everyone does it.. just in "different ways"..

It reminds me of how people in functions..esp. in weddings in India, when they are eating in "pandhis"..food on fresh banana leaves..if they want another serving of food for themselves but hesitant to be loud and ask for it..will point to the person next to them and say.."amma, saar..inga pakkithiley..ivarukku ilaiyila koncham sadham- biriyani (whatever) podunga..koncham sambhar/kurma oothunga"..(thinking when they come and serve that to the person's leaf next to them-they will pay attention to their banana leaf and serve the same for them too..or gently say.."ingeyum koncham podunga" (as you are serving them, just serve a little for me too"Smile 

Yes, remember that scene in "The American President"..daughters can be good matchmakers for single Dads and encourage them..if they like the lady..if not, they can give hell to the potential stepmom, when they are possessive of their Dads:)  See that a lot these days..boys are not eager matchmakers for their single Moms..that's entirely different dynamics!

Thangachi (Sister Maria): Your observation made me smile! Yes, I have seen it happen in southindian wedding luncheons. Reminds me of the scene in Kalyana Parisu where Thangavelu asks T.M.Saroja for coffee for Gemini Ganesh and adds, "AppadiyE enakkoru cup!"

Matchmaking of kids to their single parents is another subject. VB will have some interesting things to share, I'm sure.

As for the subject at hand, I think men like women who carry themselves well rather than what carries them. My compliment to a nice lady would be, "Wow, the saree wears you so well!"

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 pm

lol I have witnessed all the drama among my husband side relatives. LOL, it took some time for me to get that. Usually I grew up in an environment where I order food and it is served to you; so I wasn't really noticing whether the others were entertained or not. At my In-laws it was different...they are so used to serving food and all this drama happens a lot with them. Since I am a chain coffee drinker - I used to make my own coffee and brew only one cup and drink it while leaving out the rest. Later the habit broke when I started to brew 15+ coffees. GeeS!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:41 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Matchmaking of kids to their single parents is another subject. VB will have some interesting things to share, I'm sure.

No, not much going on in that direction. I have it very clear in my head. Even if I date, it would be a secret from the family. Daughter finds if MIGHTY odd why I am not dating like 'normal white' single parents. Son doesn't care. Both think I should marry a rich dude next, jokingly (I hope).

XH asked me seriously 2 days ago if I was seeing soemone. I am not, so I said so, and asked why he thot so. Then he said he saw some email. I was like, what email, he doesn't know a single password of mine. Then he said he saw someone who he didn't know liking my pics on my FB. I was like, that's not possible as he knows pretty much e'one on my FB. Anyway, he said, "Maybe it was just a dream and I am confusing it as a reality.  At first I wondered if daughter told him of any concern, coz she was sitting close by and was awfully quiet. And I was more worried why would she be having any concerns.

But I realized later... He is not on my FB, but his dad is. So he must have logged in as him, when visiting him. I later realized I had added someone random I met at a random party last year, coz we had 2 common friends.  I also had a couple of photos in which I am dancing with the same guy in that same party. XH might have seen those on our online backup, to which he has the password.

So ya, lesson learned. Gotta be extremely careful. We make things easier for ourselves. So I let photos from my iPhone go on my iCloud, and then I let carbonite do automatic backups. Note to self *change carbonite's password*. Note 3 to self *leave no picture trail*. Note 3 to self *graudally remove XH's dad from FB*, now this one is tricky. I have his entire family in my FB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:46 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

Thangachi (Sister Maria): Your observation made me smile! Yes, I have seen it happen in southindian wedding luncheons. Reminds me of the scene in Kalyana Parisu where Thangavelu asks T.M.Saroja for coffee for Gemini Ganesh and adds, "AppadiyE enakkoru cup!"

As for the subject at hand, I think men like women who carry themselves well rather than what carries them. My compliment to a nice lady would be, "Wow, the saree wears you so well!"

At last! I am someone's Thangachi here:)  Thanks GC, that is a nice compliment! And for reminding me of that scene..from Kalyana Parisu!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Note to self: Don't accept invitations from In-laws on FB. Thanks, VB,

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

No, not much going on in that direction. I have it very clear in my head. Even if I date, it would be a secret from the family. Daughter finds if MIGHTY odd why I am not dating like 'normal white' single parents. Son doesn't care. Both think I should marry a rich dude next, jokingly (I hope).

XH asked me seriously 2 days ago if I was seeing soemone. I am not, so I said so, and asked why he thot so. Then he said he saw some email. I was like, what email, he doesn't know a single password of mine. Then he said he saw someone who he didn't know liking my pics on my FB. I was like, that's not possible as he knows pretty much e'one on my FB. Anyway, he said, "Maybe it was just a dream and I am confusing it as a reality.  At first I wondered if daughter told him of any concern, coz she was sitting close by and was awfully quiet. And I was more worried why would she be having any concerns.

But I realized later... He is not on my FB, but his dad is. So he must have logged in as him, when visiting him. I later realized I had added someone random I met at a random party last year, coz we had 2 common friends.  I also had a couple of photos in which I am dancing with the same guy in that same party. XH might have seen those on our online backup, to which he has the password.

So ya, lesson learned. Gotta be extremely careful. We make things easier for ourselves. So I let photos from my iPhone go on my iCloud, and then I let carbonite do automatic backups. Note to self *change carbonite's password*. Note 3 to self *leave no picture trail*. Note 3 to self *graudally remove XH's dad from FB*, now this one is tricky. I have his entire family in my FB.

Man, that's an awful lot of unneeded baggage you allowed yourself to hoard on FB and other places. Make notes and follow them pronto.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:26 pm

haffun!

eww. that looks gaudy. black and gold? sounds good if dressing up as a witch.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Impedimenta wrote:i have not had one in years. i always have a pedi.

http://www.google.com/#safe=active&sclient=psy-ab&q=ibd+brandy+wine&oq=ibd+brandy+wine&gs_l=hp.3...3626.3626.1.3767.1.1.0.0.0.0.127.127.0j1.1.0.ernk_timediscounta..0.0...1.1.16.psy-ab.4Dj-TPwCaZ0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47534661,d.dmQ&fp=a41a39a181af028f&biw=1003&bih=699

You mean you have not cut your nails for years? Don't tell me you are now in competition...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:i have not had one in years. i always have a pedi.

You mean you have not cut your nails for years? Don't tell me you are now in competition...
manicure is not just about cutting nails!! duh!

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next