Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rushdie at the india today conclave 2012

2 posters

Go down

rushdie at the india today conclave 2012 Empty rushdie at the india today conclave 2012

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:31 pm

taking about islam, imran khan's hypocrisy, and pakistani and indian mullahs. he rarely ever says anything critical about fanatics who wear saffron, and more troubling for me, about the religious fanatics in the society in which he finds himself NOW -- the religious right in the united states. isn't this too his home now? so why does he give the hypocritical pastors, the bible thumpers, the fellows who want to take away a woman's right to choose, and the gay bashers a free pass? i'm tiring a bit of his shtick now.

eta: alright so he did mention the hooligans who got AKR's essay on three hundred ramayanas removed from the university of delhi syllabus, so i stand corrected on the saffron bit.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

rushdie at the india today conclave 2012 Empty Re: rushdie at the india today conclave 2012

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:40 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
taking about islam, imran khan's hypocrisy, and pakistani and indian mullahs. he rarely ever says anything critical about fanatics who wear saffron, and more troubling for me, about the religious fanatics in the society in which he finds himself NOW -- the religious right in the united states. isn't this too his home now? so why does he give the hypocritical pastors, the bible thumpers, the fellows who want to take away a woman's right to choose, and the gay bashers a free pass? i'm tiring a bit of his shtick now.

eta: alright so he did mention the hooligans who got AKR's essay on three hundred ramayanas removed from the university of delhi syllabus, so i stand corrected on the saffron bit.
Has Rushdie ever been critical of the Gujarat pogrom?

Back to top Go down

rushdie at the india today conclave 2012 Empty Re: rushdie at the india today conclave 2012

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:41 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

you know, i don't know.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:44 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

you know, i don't know.
Afaik the answer is No. Rushdie is possibly another V.S. Naipaul in this matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

you know, i don't know.
Afaik the answer is No. Rushdie is possibly another V.S. Naipaul in this matter.
you mean he can talk only from his own experience?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:48 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

you know, i don't know.
you mean he can talk only from his own experience?
Naipaul slammed Muslim extremism but was fine with Hindu extremism. He applauded the demolition of the Ayodhya mosque. Naipaul has been criticised for his anti Muslim views by Girish Karnad, Taslima Nasreen and others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down