Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sri retd. HK sirji

2 posters

Go down

Sri retd. HK sirji Empty Sri retd. HK sirji

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:26 pm

So, what did you cook?

I am eating chicken stir fry in green pesto sauce over rice. Comes with a variety of vegetables from Trader Joe's (yellow/red pepper, musrooms, baby peas, broccoli), and pesto sauce made from scratch by XH.

*Awesomeness*

Back to top Go down

Sri retd. HK sirji Empty Re: Sri retd. HK sirji

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:So, what did you cook?

I am eating chicken stir fry in green pesto sauce over rice. Comes with a variety of vegetables from Trader Joe's (yellow/red pepper, musrooms, baby peas, broccoli), and pesto sauce made from scratch by XH.

*Awesomeness*
Not bad! I give it a B+

That evening that I posted about cooking, I soaked rajma and made rajma with tomato puree the next day. Ganpath made the missi Rotis. (Missus is in maike.) I refrigerated the rajma and had it again the next day. Tonight I have soaked chole and plan on cooking chole bhature tomorrow (I will cook only the chole; ganpath the bhature). I want to overdose it with tea leaves to get a really black color. Actually I am watching krish 3 right now and am crying. That's the price you pay for quitting an SSRI... I have become more emotional. Ok back to the film.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:16 pm

I cooked tilapia curry with tamarind and panfried rainbow trout with some spicy masalas. gonna be eating them with jonna roti for lunch, cant wait

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:21 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:I cooked tilapia curry with tamarind and panfried rainbow trout with some spicy masalas. gonna be eating them with jonna roti for lunch, cant wait
yummy. you get jowar there? how come you are cooking lunch? day off or wfh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:33 pm

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:I cooked tilapia curry with tamarind and panfried rainbow trout with some spicy masalas. gonna be eating them with jonna roti for lunch, cant wait
yummy. you get jowar there? how come you are cooking lunch? day off or wfh?
jowar flour is sold in US desi stores these days...I try to WFH these days since my new workplace is like 20 miles away and am too lazy to drive that far. we just another week or so to get the last few days of outdoor cooking done so am cooking daily this week. cooked mutton with spinach yesterday but it didnt come out too good...think my pressure cooker's broke

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Chhole with tea leaves! Dang, had completely forgotten this part of the recipe over the years, since I started making them differently. Will try next time.

Totally love panfried [any fish] with some spicy masalas...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:28 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Chhole with tea leaves! Dang, had completely forgotten this part of the recipe over the years
ha ha. tea leaves and amchur (which i am sure you have not forgotten) are integral parts of it. chat masala is optional but i/we go for it. enjoy it the next time you make. tea gives it flavour too i think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:45 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Totally love panfried [any fish] with some spicy masalas...
agreed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:51 am

agreed!
>>>Got to try this. I pretty much have stuck to catfish, salmon. Maybe Indian style masala-ized fish would do the trick in terms of broadening my fish choices.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:54 am

Kris wrote:
agreed!
>>>Got to try this. I pretty much have stuck to catfish, salmon. Maybe Indian style masala-ized fish would do the trick in terms of broadening my fish choices.
+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:17 am

not bad! younger will love it when he is back from school -- it's his favourite. will refrigerate it and repeat tomorrow.

Sri retd. HK sirji 2013-119

if you compare it with this, you will see the colour is a bit darker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:55 am

OMG OP's post got a negative vote. Shocked Ye sab kya ho raha hai beta duryodhan?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:08 am

Looks good, hk. Ever since I picked up cooking full time 3 years ago, I started adding tamarind paste to chhole to give both the color and the sour punch.

Most desis don't like mushrooms, or maybe it's the broccoli responsible for my food getting a negative vote. Understandable. *shrug*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:35 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Looks good, hk. Ever since I picked up cooking full time 3 years ago, I started adding tamarind paste to chhole to give both the color and the sour punch.
that's a good idea!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down