Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diwali celeberation is blasphemy

3 posters

Go down

Diwali celeberation is blasphemy Empty Diwali celeberation is blasphemy

Post by Rishi Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:28 pm

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/international/radio/program/pacific-beat/cooks-bishop-condemns-diwali-celebration-as-blasphemy/1220374

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Diwali celeberation is blasphemy Empty Re: Diwali celeberation is blasphemy

Post by nevada Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Speaking of blasphemy, I heard this "Jhule Lal" song in the film "D-Day" yesterday. At first I was surprised that Pakis were singing about Jhule Lal, who Sindhis consider to be their God. I wondered how many fatwas had been issued for this blasphemous act. I then googled and found out that Jhule Lal's actual name is Lal Shahbaz and that he was a Muslim saint. Both Hindus and Muslims rever him - what a beautiful early example of Hindu Muslim synthesis!

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:12 pm

nevada wrote:Speaking of blasphemy, I heard this "Jhule Lal" song in the film "D-Day" yesterday. At first I was surprised that Pakis were singing about Jhule Lal, who Sindhis consider to be their God. I wondered how many fatwas had been issued for this blasphemous act. I then googled and found out that Jhule Lal's actual name is Lal Shahbaz and that he was a Muslim saint. Both Hindus and Muslims rever him - what a beautiful early example of Hindu Muslim synthesis!
All Hindus and Sufi stream of Muslims respect all other saints. The Abrahamic trio respects only their saints and holds them -in exclusion- as the only chosen ones to Hear/Interact with God. Founder of Islam took this a step further to consolidate his say by proclaiming that He is Last Prophet to appear and thus granting finality to his version.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down