Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've officially made my entry into ...

+2
charvaka
CroMagnon
6 posters

Go down

I've officially made my entry into ... Empty I've officially made my entry into ...

Post by CroMagnon Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:21 pm

... the world of smartphones. Got a Droid Charge last week. Even though I love iPhone's looks and build quality, the screen size and lack of 4G was a deal breaker for me, so Android it is.

I'm satisfied with the phone - the screen is amazing and 4G speed is blazing fast. Even though the battery life sucks, this is supposed to have the best battery life of all 4G phones out there. Verizon's call quality seems better than AT&T so far, so I will port my number over to Verizon.

Bought it before 7th so got unlimited 4G data plan. Verizon was selling it for $299.99 + taxes; got it from Amazon for $129.99. A cool saving of $200!
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

I've officially made my entry into ... Empty Re: I've officially made my entry into ...

Post by charvaka Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Congratulations, and welcome to Android. I am still waiting for the Droid Bionic before I jump on the 4G LTE bandwagon.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

I've officially made my entry into ... Empty Re: I've officially made my entry into ...

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:59 pm

HTC is where it's at for 4G phones. DAMN!! not samsung, not motorola, just HTC. battery life is a drag but it's a tradeoff with 4G devices.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:18 pm

CroMagnon wrote:... the world of smartphones. Got a Droid Charge last week. Even though I love iPhone's looks and build quality, the screen size and lack of 4G was a deal breaker for me, so Android it is.

I'm satisfied with the phone - the screen is amazing and 4G speed is blazing fast. Even though the battery life sucks, this is supposed to have the best battery life of all 4G phones out there. Verizon's call quality seems better than AT&T so far, so I will port my number over to Verizon.

Bought it before 7th so got unlimited 4G data plan. Verizon was selling it for $299.99 + taxes; got it from Amazon for $129.99. A cool saving of $200!

ha, i knew it!!!! you are not going to regret this decision. how have you been? here, flower, special from chennai....

i think i am kinda in denial about my vacation coming to an end soon. damn!

Last edited by Impedimenta on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : whatever)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:35 pm

T-3
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:21 am

CroMagnon wrote: Even though the battery life sucks, this is supposed to have the best battery life of all 4G phones out there.

Protip 1: Put the power control widget on the home screen. It comes included by default with Android. It gives you one touch toggle switch for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, auto-sync and screen brightness. Turn off everything that you don't normally need. For example, I always keep on only the auto-sync and turn everything off. When I need GPS or extra bright screen outdoors or Wi-Fi, it's just a matter of one touch on the home screen.

Protip 2: Turn off 3G and 4G radios by default. Turn it on only when you are doing heavy browsing, streaming music / video, downloading apps, etc. For most of your day, just the 2G radio is enough.

The above two tips should help your battery life substantially.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:06 am

SomeProfile wrote:Protip 1: Put the power control widget on the home screen. It comes included by default with Android. It gives you one touch toggle switch for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, auto-sync and screen brightness. Turn off everything that you don't normally need. For example, I always keep on only the auto-sync and turn everything off. When I need GPS or extra bright screen outdoors or Wi-Fi, it's just a matter of one touch on the home screen.
Also checkout Extended Controls widget on the Market. Some custom ROMs let you put similar toggles in the notification bar; don't know whether Samsung's build for the Charge already has that, and whether there are any custom ROMs yet for the Charge.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down