Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hagiography of Satya Nadella

+8
Propagandhi711
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
truthbetold
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Obnoxious
b_A
Petrichor
12 posters

Go down

Hagiography of Satya Nadella Empty Hagiography of Satya Nadella

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:00 pm

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/curious-microsoft-ceo-candidate-satya-nadella-would-ask-a-lot-of-questions-as-a-student/449231-11.html

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Hagiography of Satya Nadella Empty Re: Hagiography of Satya Nadella

Post by Petrichor Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:08 pm

It's a stretch to call it a hagiography. Perhaps you want others to add such links to create a mosaic...

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:30 pm

I think all these Indian sites are celebrating prematurely. Hope they won't be disappointed.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:28 am

Today Sundar Pichai emerged as a front runner. He is probably a better choice.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:38 am

Obnoxious wrote:Today Sundar Pichai emerged as a front runner. He is probably a better choice.

Agree....Pichai is a Tambrahm IYER boy and hence superior to this Gult.

..http://siliconangle.com/blog/2014/01/31/breaking-news-google-svp-of-chrome-apps-sundar-pichai-now-front-runner-for-microsoft-ceo-job/

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:34 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Obnoxious wrote:Today Sundar Pichai emerged as a front runner. He is probably a better choice.

/url]

100% on target.
Is this pichai an iyer or iyyangar? If he is an iyyanger, would iyer's support him?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:36 am

b_A wrote:I think all these Indian sites are celebrating prematurely. Hope they won't be disappointed.

You are right. Until it is publicaly announced, it can change.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:39 am

..http://siliconangle.com/blog/2014/01/31/breaking-news-google-svp-of-chrome-apps-sundar-pichai-now-front-runner-for-microsoft-ceo-job/

but he doesn't help your hate fest of IITans. always a silver lining eh?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:00 pm

>>>  That's a surprise. I thought he would be a life-long googler.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:08 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

but he doesn't help your hate fest of IITans. always a silver lining eh?

Hey...I am an equal opportunity hater of the elite.... I hate everything/everyone equally...

Sure the media will dump Nadella and sing the praise of IITs. I think this is the year of the KGP and Pichai Iyer surely has a better shot at the job.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>Just curious. May be I am naive.

If this Pichai guy had really interviewed for the CEO position at MicroSoft, won't Google fire him for looking for a job elsewhere?

I thought if you were looking for a job elsweher somehow you are supposed to keep it secret from your current employer.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Rishi wrote:
Kris wrote:

If this Pichai guy had really interviewed for the CEO position at MicroSoft, won't Google fire him for looking for a job elsewhere?

I thought if you were looking for a job elsweher somehow you are supposed to keep it secret from your current employer.

>>>>These are high value guys. In fact, they may pay him a lump sum to stay back. I was just reading that he was paid 50 million to not leave last time when a situation like this came up.  I think Twitter was trying to get him too. On the interview thing, it doesn't quite happen like that. The idea is everyone has a price and everyone know it.  So no particular stigma attached to it.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Rishi wrote:
Kris wrote:

The guys higherup openly look for jobs elsewhere - rather, OTHERS always try to hire them - Coaches, successful CEOs, Well-known, established managers.

What you say is true only for those who are holding their jobs courtesy of the employer. Now Watch Pichai going over to Microsoft (who wants to move from the Bay area to redmond?) OR Google cough up a hefty ($100mils) bonus for him to stay.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:45 pm

If pichai is hired by msft, pichai may have to pay back some of 50m based on how the retention bonus is structured. If pichai is required to pay back, msft will provide a mechanism to pay or compensate for that amount.

Google would not pay another big money to pichai. Otherwise pichai or people like him can have this drama repeated often.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:10 pm

truthbetold wrote:If pichai is hired by msft, pichai may have to pay back some of 50m based on how the retention bonus is structured. If pichai is required to pay back,  msft will provide a mechanism to pay or compensate for that amount.

Google would not pay another big money to pichai. Otherwise pichai or people like him can have this drama repeated often.

You are right..

I know of a person who plays this game for the last few years and by now everyone knows this. He has lost his credibility.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:18 pm

truthbetold wrote:If pichai is hired by msft, pichai may have to pay back some of 50m based on how the retention bonus is structured. If pichai is required to pay back,  msft will provide a mechanism to pay or compensate for that amount.

You are right..

I know of a person who plays this game for the last few years and by now everyone knows this. He has lost his credibility.

does big titties rishi with rocket scientist gujju neighbor and supergrass growing racist whitetrash neighbor also know this person? any interesting backstories you two can write abt this person?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:31 pm

>>> Of course. With Google, what if they structure a career path + compensation structure for him that will be difficult to pass up on? I am speaking hypothetically. I know he is thought of well at Google, but I don't know how far they will go.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:50 am

b_A wrote:I think all these Indian sites are celebrating prematurely. Hope they won't be disappointed.

It is official:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/04/us-microsoft-succession-idUSBREA130VD20140204
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:37 pm

Msft took their time but called it right.
Satya got a real task. Let us give him a year or two before drawing the daggers.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:06 pm

While getting an MBA from the University of Chicago over two and a half years, he worked on an operating system that would become Windows NT.

"I used to fly to Chicago Friday nights, attend classes Saturdays and come back to Redmond to work during the week," Nadella said, according to Microsoft's website.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/things-microsofts-ceo-satya-nadella/story?id=22357870

>>>>What kind of MBA is that?

Classes on Saturdays? Where was the time to do homework? Looks like it did not take much work to get that piece of paper.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:07 pm

Rishi wrote:While getting an MBA from the University of Chicago over two and a half years, he worked on an operating system that would become Windows NT.

"I used to fly to Chicago Friday nights, attend classes Saturdays and come back to Redmond to work during the week," Nadella said, according to Microsoft's website.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/things-microsofts-ceo-satya-nadella/story?id=22357870

Classes on Saturdays? Where was the time to do homework? Looks like it did not take much work to get that piece of paper.

They call it an Executive MBA.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:01 pm

truthbetold wrote:Msft took their time but called it right.
Satya got a real task. Let us give him a year or two before drawing the daggers.

Yup, daggers will be drawn and he will be forced out like Vikram Pandit was forced out from Citi. I think he has been appointed as a stopgap until they find a gora with a charming personality.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Rishi wrote:While getting an MBA from the University of Chicago over two and a half years, he worked on an operating system that would become Windows NT.

Has to be Executive MBA. The fake one - The Equivalent MBA. As usual Indians dont mention the word "executive" just like the media drop the word "Milwaukee" where he got his MS degree and simply state that as Univ of Wisconsin.

But he got the job for what he did at Microsoft. Shows that one may be average in studies and books but totally different when it comes to work. Manipal, Milwaukee and Ex MBA but ends up as CEO of Microsoft. He is a role model for all the average Joes.

I like this guy.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:38 pm

i too think he is going to do fine. comparisons with pandit are not quite relevant.
the slight worry is the lingering presence of BG and SB on the board.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:39 pm

nevada wrote:

Yup, daggers will be drawn and he will be forced out like Vikram Pandit was forced out from Citi. I think he has been appointed as a stopgap until they find a gora with a charming personality.

What makes you think Pandit was forced out coz he was Indian?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
nevada wrote:

Because he was perceived as a wiz who knows complex derivatives but lacks in the leadership and charm department. Such people are normally the "backend" while the "frontend" is manned by a gora with charm. Pandit was foisted to the top because of the deep shit citibank was in at that time.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:11 pm

nevada wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nevada wrote:

Because he was perceived as a wiz who knows complex derivatives but lacks in the leadership and charm department. Such people are normally the "backend" while the "frontend" is manned by a gora with charm. Pandit was foisted to the top because of the deep shit citibank was in at that time.

You mean front office and back office?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Putting my SaraBojian hat on.
What is the chance that he spent time discussing important topics like SI vs NI on Sulekha or SuCH ? was he ever on these boards and if so what is his likely handle ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:11 pm

b_A wrote:Putting my SaraBojian hat on.
What is the chance that he spent time discussing important topics like SI vs NI on Sulekha or SuCH ? was he ever on these boards and if so what is his likely handle ?

Yeah...he should know what a group of brilliant minds we have here and this "board" can easily outsmart Microsoft Board...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:28 pm

Yeah...he should know what a group of brilliant minds we have here and this "board" can easily outsmart Microsoft Board...

well you needlessly flatter us, but the truth remains that MS (and every other board in corporate america) can't go wrong with dropping their entire board members and nominating you as the grand poobah to take all decisions.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

well you needlessly flatter us, but the truth remains that MS (and every other board in corporate america) can't go wrong with dropping their entire board members and nominating you as the grand poobah to take all decisions.

I cant agree more...but the dumb never listen...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Has to be Executive MBA. The fake one - The Equivalent MBA. As usual Indians dont mention the word "executive" just like the media drop the word "Milwaukee" where he got his MS degree and simply state that as Univ of Wisconsin.

But he got the job for what he did at Microsoft. Shows that one may be average in studies and books but totally different when it comes to work. Manipal, Milwaukee and Ex MBA but ends up as CEO of Microsoft. He is a role model for all the average Joes.

I like this guy.

Because Gates is a college dropout himself , he and the board doesn't give too much importance for academic credentials.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:52 pm

b_A wrote:

Has to be Executive MBA.  The fake one - The Equivalent MBA. As usual Indians dont mention the word "executive" just like the media drop the word "Milwaukee" where he got his MS degree and simply state that as Univ of Wisconsin.

But he got the job for what he did at Microsoft. Shows that one may be average in studies and books but totally different when it comes to work.  Manipal, Milwaukee and Ex MBA but ends up as CEO of Microsoft. He is a role model for all the average Joes.

I like this guy.  

Because Gates is a college dropout himself , he and the board doesn't give too much importance for academic credentials.

>>>Satya is an insider + he is smart. I thought Pichai had a shot only because he was seen as someone who could shake things up a bit. Was Pichai at MS at some point? One of my friends who does consulting on wall street said this may have been the case and gates does not reward people who jumped ship. I need to go back and read Pichai's background.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Kris wrote:
b_A wrote:

Has to be Executive MBA.  The fake one - The Equivalent MBA. As usual Indians dont mention the word "executive" just like the media drop the word "Milwaukee" where he got his MS degree and simply state that as Univ of Wisconsin.

But he got the job for what he did at Microsoft. Shows that one may be average in studies and books but totally different when it comes to work.  Manipal, Milwaukee and Ex MBA but ends up as CEO of Microsoft. He is a role model for all the average Joes.

I like this guy.  

>>>Satya is an insider + he is smart. I thought Pichai had a shot only because he was seen as someone who could shake things up a bit. Was Pichai at MS at some point? One of my friends who does consulting on wall street said this may have been the case and gates does not reward people who jumped ship. I need to go back and read Pichai's background.

he was at Applied materials and McKinsey for short periods.

Besides Gates does not like IITians...and I heard Pichai did not get high enough JEE rank.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:01 pm

Kris wrote:
b_A wrote:

I like this guy.  

he was at Applied materials and McKinsey for short periods.

Besides Gates does not like IITians...and I heard Pichai did not get high enough JEE rank.

>>>Pichai was a McKinsey guy? I had lunch with one of their alumni last weekend. Funny, he didn't bring it up even though we talked about MS.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:21 pm

>>>I knew one kid who went to IIT. He is a Maharashtrian Brahmin who grew up in Trivandrum. One day, a couple of his classmates from IIT visited him. We all went out. All the time they wwre talking about their IITian friends referring to their JEE ranks. " You know that Balaji JEE #10, Gopi JEE #162...and so on. I thought that kind of talk must be humilating for kids with JEE rank > 2000.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Rishi wrote:

>>>I knew one kid who went to IIT. He is a Maharashtrian Brahmin who grew up in Trivandrum. One day, a couple of  his classmates from IIT visited him. We all went out. All the time they wwre talking about their IITian friends referring to their JEE ranks.  " You know that Balaji JEE #10,  Gopi JEE #162...and so on.  I thought that kind of talk must be humilating for  kids with JEE rank > 2000.

>>>It is also boring as hell. My cousin was 47th and he told his kids to go pubic universities here and study whatever they want. He told me in an off-the-cuff moment the whole thing was to please his parents and sort of wished he had done something else.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:30 pm

Kris wrote:
b_A wrote:

I like this guy.  

They kind of victimized Pichai by releasing the news that he was in the running. I thought that Pichai had a shot at the top post in Google. Now they are going to bring up his "loyalty" when he takes a shot at it when the post becomes vacant.
PS: Imagine if Pichai heads Google and some other Indian born heads Apple with Satya at Microsoft.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:14 pm

b_A wrote:
Kris wrote:
b_A wrote:

I like this guy.  

They kind of victimized Pichai by releasing the news that he was in the running. I thought that Pichai had a shot at the top post in Google. Now they are going to bring up his "loyalty" when he takes a shot at it when the post becomes vacant.
PS: Imagine if Pichai heads Google and some other Indian born heads Apple with Satya at Microsoft.

>> When the Nadella name came up prominently, I thought Pichai could be a possibility but felt he was a lifetime googler. It seemed like he was destined for big things at google. Yeah, Google, MS and Apple being run by Indians is not outside the realm of possibility. There is a lot of depth of experience in that crowd in the valley.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:30 pm

What a diasppointment ?. :-(

Rishi started this topic and still no mention of Satya Nadella's caste..

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:34 pm

b_A wrote:

I would not be shocked if our Netas back home raked up the caste angle even then and perhaps demanded quota and reservation...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:44 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:What a diasppointment ?. :-(

Chowdary

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:51 pm

nevada wrote:

Chowdary

Like Comrade's lucky hero Chief Minister NTR?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:14 am

Hellsangel wrote:
nevada wrote:

Chowdary

Like Comrade's lucky hero Chief Minister NTR?

Guess he is a backward caste guy, although these kammas and Reddys claim different grades. Bill Gates must be a CONman.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down