Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Russian Polar Bear is active again

5 posters

Go down

The Russian Polar Bear is active again Empty The Russian Polar Bear is active again

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:49 am

......Time to dig up my post predicting Ruskies will grab Eastern Europe over the next few months at the right time....

Interesting times for Modi. The capitalistic, nationalistic Modi should side with the west (logically). But like the super westernized Nehru went with the Soviets, the autocratic Modi could well benefit from the future Russia-China vs US-Europe-SE if he plays his cards right. It will be a tough task.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

The Russian Polar Bear is active again Empty Re: The Russian Polar Bear is active again

Post by Kris Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

......Time to dig up my post predicting Ruskies will grab Eastern Europe over the next few months at the right time....

Interesting times for Modi.  The capitalistic, nationalistic Modi should side with the west (logically). But like the super westernized Nehru went with the Soviets, the autocratic Modi could well benefit from the future Russia-China vs US-Europe-SE if he plays his cards right. It will be a tough task.

>>>Now is the time for India to be -ahem!- " non-aligned" Smile. When the dust settles, figure out  your business opportunities.

Kris

Back to top Go down

The Russian Polar Bear is active again Empty Re: The Russian Polar Bear is active again

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:55 pm

.*****Correction***

Eastern Europe...Ukraine.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:22 pm

Uppili,

What is the reason behind this triumphant future call?  Are you giving us the benefit of your future vision?  did we miss some news item?  what is it?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:33 pm

truthbetold wrote:Uppili,

What is the reason behind this triumphant future call?  Are you giving us the benefit of your future vision?  did we miss some news item?  what is it?

Talking and analyzing about something after it happened is as interesting as hitting big on mutual funds, while "predicting" something is as exciting as playing slot machine in Las Vegas.

It is a great thing that the West caged the Soviets, but it is stupidity to continue to wound the already caged tiger.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:58 pm

Uppili,

Thanks for the advance warning. 

Just a clarification. Soviets are gone. Russians are now ruled by autocratic diktats of Putin.  Heard any news from Kerry's meeting with Russian minister?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 pm

Interesting times for Modi.  The capitalistic, nationalistic Modi should side with the west (logically). But like the super westernized Nehru went with the Soviets, the autocratic Modi could well benefit from the future Russia-China vs US-Europe-SE if he plays his cards right. It will be a tough task.
I think we need to wait whether Modi forms the government. That will be a tall order. 

There is lot of Hype. But that is precisely the reason where they could fall short. 

Congress has its Political Islamic, Muslim Vote bank. 
Let us not forget that and ordinary lay men can fall for their divide and rule tactics, like they have been.

In addition where they are weak, Congress is propping up regional players.

Congress is  single handedly working to deny NDA chance at power, rather than looking to win themselves, knowing well that a clear proven Pan Indian alternative will be their end. NDA allies need to be very wary of their tactics.

If NDA falls short by 50-60 seats as projected, it is better if they do not form government, as the economy is in such a terrible shape, that
strong support is required to push through reforms.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Raw, 

You are consistent and predictable, unlike uppili. 

You were worried sick before state elections. Modi and BJP won and scored better than expected. 

Now it is your turn to worry about parliament elections and try not to jinx modi victory.  There is an ad about stock market "imagine the possibilities and weigh them by probabilities".  You do the first but skip the second step and worry yourself sick.

Relax. Cause and effect is still a governing principle of people's actions. Tomorrow is based on yesterday and today. While life still surprises us, most of the near future is already set by human actions.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Media and opinion polls are to be taken with a pinch of salt (especially considering the sample size)

I know how much of media is Hype and How much is reality. My position is always the same, Indian elections, need careful ground work at the local seat level. It is very challenging. At the end of the day, hard arithmetic wins you seats.

Regarding state elections I exactly proved all my points, please see my posts on how many seats Meena's party robbed  OR how many seats AAP took away from BJP to rob it of a majority. The factors were all there, it was just a little different on how it played out (i.e which party got affected )

Even when you hear full sweep, what matters are the margins. I hope NDA's core level statisticians are working on this problem. And a small mis-calculation at a local level, can remove many seats.

The problem is you do not know how bad Indian economy is.
I am worried because it is better  for NDA NOT to form government with 50-60 seats shortage. 

With minor fixes, you cannot reform, and show results.  

Economy needs some strong path breaking decisions.
See my previous posts on economy if you are not convinced of the seriousness of the situation, or about the  scorched earth policy of Congress.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:26 pm

Raw,

you are acting like the opposite of Rashmun (please do not get upset, I am just trying to make a point).  For rashmun,  every nugget of bad news is due to mid. every little comment about modi is earth shaking news.  

For you every problem NDA is going to face, there is a root cause in UPA govt. every possible problem is created by congress and its muslim appeasement policy. Every vote lost to NDA is a criminal conspiracy hatched by diggy raja and deobandis. 

Congress was elected to govern till 2014 elections. they run the govt according to their whims. only recourse you have is to take it to the people and expose them. Modi has to find ways to dig india out of that misery if he wants to lead the country.  They can blame congress for a couple of years.  But they have to deliver at some point in time.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:31 pm

rawemotions wrote:

I think we need to wait whether Modi forms the government. That will be a tall order. 

There is lot of Hype. But that is precisely the reason where they could fall short. 

Congress has its Political Islamic, Muslim Vote bank. 
Let us not forget that and ordinary lay men can fall for their divide and rule tactics, like they have been.

In addition where they are weak, Congress is propping up regional players.

Congress is  single handedly working to deny NDA chance at power, rather than looking to win themselves, knowing well that a clear proven Pan Indian alternative will be their end. NDA allies need to be very wary of their tactics.

If NDA falls short by 50-60 seats as projected, it is better if they do not form government, as the economy is in such a terrible shape, that
strong support is required to push through reforms.

As I predicted earlier MODI will be the PM. The issue is will it be for 2 months or 2 years or 5 years. It depends on how many seats the B J P wins ALONE. My hunch, BJP will fall far short (NDA 250+), and after that it all depends on the wile and guile of Modi and his supposed ruthlessness.

But he WILL BE the PM to begin the next 5-yr term.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:41 pm

truthbetold wrote:Raw,

Congress was elected to govern till 2014 elections. they run the govt according to their whims. only recourse you have is to take it to the people and expose them. Modi has to find ways to dig india out of that misery if he wants to lead the country.  They can blame congress for a
couple of years.  But they have to deliver at some point in time.
There should be checks and Balances on even ruling parties.

Does  power to govern allow Congress to recognize Forward Revenues , and postpone debits off the government books  (to Oil Companies)  to window dress the fiscal deficit ? That too on the scale being done. 40000 Crores +

Does power to govern allow Congress to suddenly bring in 7th Pay Commission on the eve of election within 7 years, when the normal norm is 10 years , when there are no revenues to support the expenditure increase.

Does power to govern allow Congress to utilize powers to distribute revenues when they are in power to any state they want during their term, but JUST on the eve of elections remove those powers from planning commission, so that next government cannot distribute the money
as they choose ?

Does power to govern allow COngress to repeatedly violate the fiscal responsibility act (the quantum of fiscal deficit) a government should keep, repeatedly over the past 5 years ?

Any CA (India is known for its good accounting) would hang his head in shame on what the FM has done.
Any CFO would be fired if he had done the same to company's books.

I do not know what Folks like CAG are  doing all along?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:51 pm

Raw,

assuming "no" is answer to your questions , what are your options? if those in power misuse power, you use courts and parliament. Since it is too late for those avenues, you go to final avenue. the court of people.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:08 pm

I bet that 95% of the voters who vote will NOT know what has happened OR wouldn't understand all this. That is why we have CAG etc.. But Congress has mis-used even those institutions. For example, it went hammer and tongs against the CAG for their report on 2G Scam. The new CAG would probably feel it is best to keep his mouth shut, unless the media OR parliament raises it in a big way. That is why Chidu did all these just in the eve of elections. It was a clear case of scorched earth policy. Shame on Congress!

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:24 pm

As I predicted earlier MODI will be the PM. The issue is will it be for 2 months or 2 years or 5 years.  It depends on how many seats the B J P wins ALONE.  My hunch, BJP will fall far short (NDA 250+), and after that it all depends on the wile and guile of Modi and his supposed ruthlessness.

But he WILL BE the PM to begin the next 5-yr term.

What isu happeningu!! losing faith in your favorite leader god & party already? You seem to have worried about factions in BJP, especially kafirs i.e Modi haters Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down