Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Congress lost

+4
pravalika nanda
southindian
Propagandhi711
Idéfix
8 posters

Go down

Why Congress lost Empty Why Congress lost

Post by Idéfix Fri May 16, 2014 4:38 pm

http://whycongresslost.in
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Why Congress lost Empty Re: Why Congress lost

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 4:45 pm

That's a great philosophical statement. Unfortunately, the damn indian people with their empty stomachs couldn't get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri May 16, 2014 4:53 pm

Here is an interesting US diplomatic cable from almost ten years ago, leaked by Wikileaks. The fact that he survived as long as he did shows how town to the core the INC has become.

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/05NEWDELHI1661_a.html
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 16, 2014 5:00 pm

one convenient attempt at putting congress's performance at the foot of one beta personality detected. wonder if the intelligentsia will admit that the results are also a resounding rejection of congress and lefties' relentless bleating of secularism like it were a religion in itself.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri May 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Wow! Congress idiocy chronicled and on display. Good job
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 5:08 pm

"Naqvi claimed that it is increasingly common knowledge that Rahul suffers from "personality problems" of an emotional or psychological nature that are severe enough to prevent him from functioning as PM."

Ya, i totally believe that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 5:15 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:one convenient attempt at putting congress's performance at the foot of one beta personality detected. wonder if the intelligentsia will admit that the results are also a resounding rejection of congress and lefties' relentless bleating of secularism like it were a religion in itself.
That says it all. They grew fanatical and totally possessive about 'secularism'. It became a 'us' vs 'them' fight. 'We are right and they are wrong. We are the saviors and champions while they are the bad and evil ones. It will be a total disaster if they come to power' yada yada.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:one convenient attempt at putting congress's performance at the foot of one beta personality detected.

** incisive. my thought exactly. anyone on the ground could see that people were fed up with nothing trickling down and what we had instead was the growth of a criminal class. so the country was full of the poor and the criminal class started taking revenge on people of the upper middle class by beating them up, raping them, making life in india generally unsafe on top of all that corruption...and really what did congress do about it? a few more years of this and you have a dysfunctional state.  

** the secular media didn't pay any attention to this, they pretended everything was okay and that only one story mattered: the 2002 Gujarat riots. I fail to understand why they did that. who could have never guessed that the bjp would trounce out the congress like that. anyhow, secular elite and minority readership encouraged this story-telling, and so SG missed out on the restlessness at ground level. the lesson for the high-borns is to refrain from believing the secular media cuz it is not covering the india story it is actually secular-elite opinion and nothing else! I think we can safely say that the secular-elites, the minorities and their intellectually lazy and dishonest media handed this victory to modi. I mean if Congoons made a tiny attempt to understand the situation and say a line or two about econ growth, they would not have lost so badly.

** well how can we put this in a way RaGa understands?
Rahul, I really like you but I think we haven't been spending as much time together and we're growing apart and I think we should see other people.

wonder if the intelligentsia will admit that the results are also a resounding rejection of congress and lefties' relentless bleating of secularism like it were a religion in itself.

** yes the atheists and agnostics have found a religion.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Fri May 16, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri May 16, 2014 9:22 pm

I cannot believe this guy said all the things in this website....
--
The Opposition has good marketing skills. There is 'chamak, naach, gaana (glitter, dancing, singing)'. They are selling combs to bald men. Now there are a new group of people who are trying to give them haircuts.
Rahul Gandhi

You go to a nightclub somewhere in Spain and there’s Amitabh Bachchan on the screen there, dancing around. That’s the power of India.
Rahul Gandhi

Poverty is just a state of mind. It does not mean scarcity of food, money or material things. If one possesses self-confidence then we can overcome poverty.
Rahul Gandhi

We go into this model where you have the one guy who will come and fix everything. He is going to come on a horse, that’s the model, that’s the Indian model. He is going to come on the horse, the Sun is in the background. There are a billion people waiting. He is coming and everything is going to be fine. No. It’s not going to work like that.
Rahul Gandhi
Every situation that Indian person finds himself in is extremely complex. We have to deal with the red lights. As young leaders here have to deal with senior leaders, suddenly someone disrupts your entire life. Everything happens, sort of, according to your karma; it’s all random.
Rahul Gandhi

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri May 16, 2014 10:08 pm

Idéfix wrote:http://whycongresslost.in
"Politics is everywhere.. it is in your shirt.. in your pants.. everywhere.'

He probably overheard Doggy, N D Tiwari or Abhishek Manu Singhvi whispering something.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat May 17, 2014 2:02 am

>>>Clearly this young man was in over his head, but the loss was due to Congress being disconnected with reality and its delusion that the Nehru-Gandhi lineage would tide it over. At the least his pearls of wisdom, such as they are, couldn't have hurt the party more than its lack of ideas on how to move forward.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon May 19, 2014 11:45 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:one convenient attempt at putting congress's performance at the foot of one beta personality detected. wonder if the intelligentsia will admit that the results are also a resounding rejection of congress and lefties' relentless bleating of secularism like it were a religion in itself.
I think the Congress and its allies did a big disservice to the idea of secularism when they tried to make that the central issue of the election. Congress was devoid of both ideas and leadership, and it tried to use secularism as a mantra to make up for it, and it failed big time with the Indian people.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon May 19, 2014 11:51 am

Kris wrote:

>>>Clearly this young man was in over his head, but the loss was due to Congress being disconnected with reality and its delusion that the Nehru-Gandhi lineage would tide it over. At the least his pearls of wisdom, such as they are, couldn't have hurt the party more than its lack of ideas on how to move forward.
I think the possibility of Rahul Gandhi becoming Prime Minister was one that millions of people found disturbing. We had a friend visiting from India this weekend. He is in the IT industry, and thinks very highly of Nandan Nilekani, the Congress candidate from his constituency. He hasn't voted for BJP once in the last 15 years. He told me when he decided to vote for Modi: when he saw Nilekani answer a television interviewer's question about Rahul Gandhi with the words, "he is a visionary leader."

The reason people found the idea of Rahul Gandhi as PM so disturbing, of course, has to do with his lack of ideas (or even a clue about most political matters, as demonstrated by his own quotes).
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 19, 2014 11:54 am

Idéfix wrote:
I think the Congress and its allies did a big disservice to the idea of secularism when they tried to make that the central issue of the election. Congress was devoid of both ideas and leadership, and it tried to use secularism as a mantra to make up for it, and it failed big time with the Indian people.

I think it started a while ago when they used the world secularism to describe their vote bank politics. they corrupted what it means in the mind of an entire generation of youth (both minority and majority) who will now have a pavlovian response to the word "secular" and that's a shame which will have long term repercussions.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon May 19, 2014 12:04 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Yeah. Congress has made the word "secular" a bootu- padam (vulgarity) by using it again and again to appeal to / pander / coddle Muslims and Christians driving home who their intended audience were creating a severe backlash against them that cut the party to pieces.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down