Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chromebook vs laptop

Go down

Chromebook vs laptop  Empty Chromebook vs laptop

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:08 pm

hypothetically speaking, if I did not have the need to run any mainstream software or run any Microsoft apps natively[I can always use Google docs] and the inability to print is a non-issue[of course the option of enabling cloud printing is there], a chrome book would do it for me? what do you think? of course, this is realizing that there is no storage and the device is CD incapable.

GOOGLE touts the chrome book as a "companion device". anyone here has one? I am looking at the chrome book as a glorified android device, bigger than the cell phone. what would be a good alternative to the chrome book?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Chromebook vs laptop  Empty Re: Chromebook vs laptop

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:13 pm

Impedimenta wrote:hypothetically speaking, if I did not have the need to run any mainstream software or run any Microsoft apps natively[I can always use Google docs] and the inability to print is a non-issue[of course the option of enabling cloud printing is there], a chrome book would do it for me? what do you think? of course, this is realizing that there is no storage and the device is CD incapable.

GOOGLE touts the chrome book as a "companion device". anyone here has one? I am looking at the chrome book as a glorified android device, bigger than the cell phone. what would be a good alternative to the chrome book?

the 13 inch ipad pro which will be released either later this year or next year.

Back to top Go down