Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O M G - Dravid recalled for ODI

+3
MaxEntropy_Man
truthbetold
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
7 posters

Go down

O M G - Dravid recalled for ODI Empty O M G - Dravid recalled for ODI

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:37 am

I am fainting.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

O M G - Dravid recalled for ODI Empty Re: O M G - Dravid recalled for ODI

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:49 am

I am not completely surprised. Dravid is in sublime form and Indian new batsmen have displayed poor technique one too many times.

On foreign soil, Dravid would be beneficial. He could be very helpful on difficult pitches. However we should not over estimate his likely contributions on high scoring pitches and fielding. Dravid can rest on high scoring pitches and Indian soil. He should be in the team on low to medium scoring pitches and foreign pitches. In fact the same logic applies to Laxman except his fielding is considered very poor in the out field.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:53 am

Talking about fielding, I am surprised to hear/read that abhinav mukund is a poor out fielder. That is bad. If India needs to introduce athletic culture into top level, Team must insist on good fielding performance from all new players (older generation should also be encouraged to improve). At 21, Mukund must be advised to improve or else.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:50 am

clearly they are panic stricken.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:02 am

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2011/content/current/story/526147.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Dravid has announced his retirement from ODIs and 20-20. He has sent a clear message to the shameless BCCI to stop playing the silly game of using him for tough series and dumping him on batsman friendly pitches.
Dravid is a man of class - on and off the field.

http://www.samachar.com/Dravid-announces-retirement-from-ODIs-T20s-ligxMmjdhbc.html

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:28 pm

I am surprised that there is no communication with Dravid on his expectation on ODI series. He was surprised and made it clear that he will honor the selection but he will not be available for future ODIs or t20s. This will also clear air with his team mates that he is not greedy or wants to be an obstruction to future growth.

However, if BCCI maintains good communications, it could have maintained availability of quality players like Dravid. The selection should have an objective criteria of performance and Dravid is an asset on foreign lands and low scoring matches. So is laxman. They should have been used as such.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:10 pm

truthbetold wrote: This will also clear air with his team mates that he is not greedy or wants to be an obstruction to future growth.

that's not how i read it. i read it as dravid being tired of being fucked around with by the idiotic BCCI and dhoni and finally giving them the middle finger after years and years of gentlemanly behavior. he doesn't need this shit after being such a loyal servant of indian cricket. diehard dravid admirers like me are happy with his decision and hope we'll get a few more years of great test cricket from this teak tough hero.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:39 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote: This will also clear air with his team mates that he is not greedy or wants to be an obstruction to future growth.

i read it as dravid being tired of being fucked around with by the idiotic BCCI and dhoni.

My assessment is not different from you. After 2007 debacle, Vengsarkar and Mumbai mafia treated him pretty badly. He was asked to give up captaincy after a successful England series. His current reaction is a proper response to BCCI which fails to keep communication channels open with major contributors.

National selection committee should not make age a criteria for national selection. performance should be the criteria. If dravid can contribute on a certain type of surfaces and types of bowling, he should be selected for those matches. Selection team should communicate with him their thinking. If kohli and rohits can contribute in India and can also field better, it is OK to pick them for those matches. Hopefully at some point those players will gain International abilities to help India in future. I am sure Dravid would have agreed to a need based performance oriented selection.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:47 am

just when i thought srikanth had peaked his idiocy, he came up with something like this. just how is this selection going to help? if anything, it will do good to dhobi;s career because dhobi will raise his head high after a better ODI series.

how i wished dravid saying NO to selectors rubbing their nose in dirt. that would have slapped both srikanth and dhobi. they first do injustice to his abilities by dropping from the ODI squad and now that the others are not able to score, they select him. how selfish.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:17 am

Another Brick wrote:just when i thought srikanth had peaked his idiocy, he came up with something like this. just how is this selection going to help? if anything, it will do good to dhobi;s career because dhobi will raise his head high after a better ODI series.

how i wished dravid saying NO to selectors rubbing their nose in dirt. that would have slapped both srikanth and dhobi. they first do injustice to his abilities by dropping from the ODI squad and now that the others are not able to score, they select him. how selfish.

How I miss RS - who categorically derided that Dravid's days were over in ODI and his test days were numbered.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:25 am

dravid should have been in the world winning cup squad. although i like kohli, i don't imagine how dravid would have been any worse than him. in fact, he would have been crucial in knockout games (aus, pk, SL) with his solid, calm batting.

and i think it is all dhobi's doing that he was not. srikanth would have included him if dhobi would have been ok with that idea. and now that his pants are on fire, dhobi has gone back to dravid.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:30 am

Another Brick wrote:dravid should have been in the world winning cup squad.

I think Dravid, Danguly and Kumble should have been given some kind of honorary participation in world cup. It would have been nice gesture to erase 2007 impact.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:17 am

one good thing about this selection is that they have kicked yousuf pathan out. he was no good, his 100 in SA notwithstanding.

yuvraj singh is definitely NOT dropped because he was our player of the series in the world cup. he is rested. however, harbhajanitor singh is kicked out and i thank the selectors for that.

i thank the selectors one more time for not selecting murali vijay.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:33 pm

4-0 ENGLAND.

Go India, Go TO HELL, that is!

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Another Brick wrote:dravid should have been in the world winning cup squad. although i like kohli, i don't imagine how dravid would have been any worse than him. in fact, he would have been crucial in knockout games (aus, pk, SL) with his solid, calm batting.

What!? You're discounting his ton against BD which gave us jump start? Srsly, Kohli's fielding is much much better and certainly has helped India. So I think it was right decision. Now that Yuvi is out, will he be picked for the 3rd test? Also, they should use this series (ODI) as a learning experience/foundation for the future, should continue to play the youngsters at every opportunity presented, Dravid shouldn't be an automatic pick (wonder they picked Dravid based on his performance in '07?)

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down