Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

argumentative indians

5 posters

Go down

argumentative indians Empty argumentative indians

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:39 am

everyone argues but desis seem to take it to a new level. weird cacaphony of opinions, unmodulated voices and strange inability to focus on one topic without mixing shit up. sulekha forums was like that but it's jarring when encountering it at work place. desis are smart and able to handle complexity & abstractions well without seeing everything on paper, but are retarded when it comes to working together without useless arguments. frustating experience for sure. not saying others dont have irritating cultural traits particular to their ethnic group but my experience over the past 6 months has been draining, particularly given my impatience with certain behaviors.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

argumentative indians Empty Re: argumentative indians

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:47 am

I agree... add to what you said - having to win every point and argument, having to dominate every discussion and drown out other voices, and not to mention cutting off others before they finish and to interfering others while talking.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:12 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:I agree... add to what you said - having to win every point and argument, having to dominate every discussion and drown out other voices, and not to mention cutting off others before they finish and to interfering others while talking.

>>>I don't know if these are common, but I have seen them often enough to think they may be cultural traits. The first is not listening to what someone is saying completely, but jumping in with an opposing argument, often arguing for the sake of arguing. The second one is where the world and issues exist only as it pertains to oneself. Years ago, I had to call the Air India office in NY and due to the phone lines getting crossed, some kids were playing a prank referring to themselves as Gandhi's airline and making jokes in that vein. I finally got through to the airline on another line and told them they needed to look into this. The response was "Sir, we didn't do it. It wasn't us honestly". I tried to explain that I was not accusing them, but it was bad for the airline if they didn't get this sorted out. The response: "Sir, did they sound like Indians? It really wasn't us". I think I gave up exasperated. I have had this sort of experience on various occasions over the years and no longer find this puzzling.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:39 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:everyone argues but desis seem to take it to a new level. weird cacaphony of opinions, unmodulated voices and strange inability to focus on one topic without mixing shit up. sulekha forums was like that but it's jarring when encountering it at work place. desis are smart and able to handle complexity & abstractions well without seeing everything on paper, but are retarded when it comes to working together without useless arguments. frustating experience for sure. not saying others dont have irritating cultural traits particular to their ethnic group but my experience over the past 6 months has been draining, particularly given my impatience with certain behaviors.
It sounds more like your personal problem, don't think any SuCHer would be surprised with your whining given your narcissistic tendencies. Let me remind you a good old saying that goes like when you point a finger at others be aware that rest of the four fingers point back at you.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:45 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:everyone argues but desis seem to take it to a new level. weird cacaphony of opinions, unmodulated voices and strange inability to focus on one topic without mixing shit up. sulekha forums was like that but it's jarring when encountering it at work place. desis are smart and able to handle complexity & abstractions well without seeing everything on paper, but are retarded when it comes to working together without useless arguments. frustating experience for sure. not saying others dont have irritating cultural traits particular to their ethnic group but my experience over the past 6 months has been draining, particularly given my impatience with certain behaviors.
did some Indian tell you to eff off? was that person a woman? were you constantly sporting a massive perpendicularity of the "penius" in her presence? answer yes or no.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:50 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
It sounds more like your personal problem, don't think any SuCHer would be surprised with your whining given your narcissistic tendencies. Let me remind you a good old saying that goes like when you a point finger at others be aware that rest of the four fingers pointing back at you.

it sounds like you're mad and butthurt.

all of SUCH thinks you're a hindu hating convert with highly partisan tendencies that doesnt even make an effort to be fair.

I personally think you are a partisan with feudal hangups exhibiting strong tendencies towards passive aggressiveness and your argumentation style is full of circular logic with no real substance other than blind hatred and misrepresentation of the side you're arguing against. you also have a tendency to think everything is about you.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:51 am

swapna wrote:
did some Indian tell you to eff off? was that person a woman? were you constantly sporting a massive perpendicularity of the "penius" in her presence? answer yes or no.

what is eff off? are you learning teenager lingo like a fob housewife? also, why are you still alive? answer in long form.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down