Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This girl was always in my thoughts

+5
Propagandhi711
Merlot Daruwala
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
artood2
Rekz
9 posters

Go down

This girl was always in my thoughts Empty This girl was always in my thoughts

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:32 pm

i was pregnant with my first son when Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated. So was Nalini, the one convicted along with her husband, Murugan, for the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi. She gave birth to a girl baby two months after my son was born. I always thought abt this child, wondering how she was growing up, how she was coping up with the fact that her parents were labelled as assassins, how much she must be missing her parents, how Nalini and Murugan are feeling abt it all, etc. I used to do a google search once in a while for news abt her. I never got to see her pic. Now I do and also heard her voice. She looks so much like her mom.

My heart goes out to her. Murugan should be pardoned at least for the sake of his daughter. I'm glad the death sentence has been deferred for a few weeks. Hope he'll be spared.

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the-9-o-clock-news/my-parents-are-innocent-murugan-s-daughter/209507

Back to top Go down

This girl was always in my thoughts Empty Re: This girl was always in my thoughts

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:57 pm

when a judgement comes after such a long time, we forget the actual incident and sympathize with convicts :-|
why is she saying my parents are so innocent. She didn't say they are innocent. they are SO innocent. well they could be but they are guilty as well.
It will be hard for her to see them get hanged and i am not for capital punishment but they are guilty and they should be in jail forever.
well its sad that she was born to such parents but just bcz she had a bad childhood we cannot release people who killed our PM.

Back to top Go down

This girl was always in my thoughts Empty Re: This girl was always in my thoughts

Post by Rekz Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:19 am

It was my first summer vacation in chennai. I had seen Rajiv Gandhi on some occasion about an year ago before he died since then he had become my childhood crush silent

Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:39 am

Nalini was pardoned because of this. Why does it have to be extended to Murugan. will this principle extend to any other murderer having small kids?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:52 am

artood2 wrote:Nalini was pardoned because of this. Why does it have to be extended to Murugan. will this principle extend to any other murderer having small kids?

Kasab and Guru have old parents.

Did these 3 think about rajiv's kids or his young widow or potential victims and their likely orphaned kids in the crowd ????

The punishment is not aimed at the killers kids or parents - although they also suffer - but against the killers for their stone-hearted attitude against killing innocent people - intended and unintended.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:05 am

kinnera wrote:Murugan should be pardoned at least for the sake of his daughter. I'm glad the death sentence has been deferred for a few weeks. Hope he'll be spared.

Kinny aunty, do you similarly hope for a pardon for Kasab and Afzal Guru?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:25 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
kinnera wrote:Murugan should be pardoned at least for the sake of his daughter. I'm glad the death sentence has been deferred for a few weeks. Hope he'll be spared.

Unkul, Murugan didn't go around shooting innocent ppl at random. His resentment was directed against Rajiv Gandhi, his sending in the IPKF troops, his perceived back stabbing of the Tamils, etc. Their target was RG, and only RG and they planned methodically to eliminate him. Unfortunately, 18 other ppl died along, which they probably thought was inevitable.

If Murugan shot random ppl at the chennai railway station with a machine gun out of his fanatism for Tamil and hatred against everything Hindi and Hindians, then yes, he should be sent to the gallows.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:29 am

kinnera wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Unkul, Murugan didn't go around shooting innocent ppl at random. His resentment was directed against Rajiv Gandhi, his sending in the IPKF troops, his perceived back stabbing of the Tamils, etc. Their target was RG, and only RG and they planned methodically to eliminate him. Unfortunately, 18 other ppl died along, which they probably thought was inevitable.

If Murugan shot random ppl at the chennai railway station with a machine gun out of his fanatism for Tamil and hatred against everything Hindi and Hindians, then yes, he should be sent to the gallows.

Was Rajiv the only one who died in the blasts?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:44 am

artood2 wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

I talked abt it above.

*fanaticism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:08 pm

this is why they shouldnt let women get on juries

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:34 pm

kinnera wrote:
artood2 wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

I talked abt it above.

*fanaticism.

So we should encourage revenge of all types? There is no need of law and justice system. Just sort it out! Welcome to 10000 BC.

18 other people died and many others were maimed. Those may be bread winners whose families hardship continued after their death. This argument of pardoing because someone has kids has no ending. Does this extend to adopted ones? What if someone adopts a child? Or decide to have kids just to get out of this?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Edgar Wallace in The Four Just Men:
Bah! Who ever killed a man with a bomb! Yes, yes; I know it has been done - but so clumsy, so primitive, so very much like undermining a city wall that it may fall and slay - amongst others - your enemy.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:46 pm

Saw this documentary once where this guy was to be executed by lethal injection. Yes he deserved it as per the state that this was to happen. But they showed his mother while this was happening, and she was inconsolable. Her pain was all out there to reach out and touch.

Ever since, I have always had a very numbed opinion about capital punishments. Unfortunately, every side's argument seem valid and no matter what happens there is always someone left with pain. Deal with it? I guess. Specially when it involves political scene.

One day we will definitely evolve out of all this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16 am

kinnera wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

So targeting Rajiv Gandhi out of hatred for him and killing him and everyone around him is forgiveable whereas targeting the Parliament or random people out of general hatred for Indians is unforgiveable? Kinny Aunty, you've made some absurd arguments in your time but now you've completely flipped.

Thank goodness we have something resembling law and order, otherwise kooks like you who make up mobs would set us back straight into the middle ages.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:30 am

kinnera wrote:

This is just the opposite of what the legal system thinks. A pre-plannned murder is rated worse than random killings - who often make insanity plea - and almost always assured of death penalty if demanded by the prosecutors.

Kasab with his demand for Biriyani will find it easier get out using insanity plea.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:07 am

i don't agree with kinnera at all. this murder of rajiv gandhi was planned. and if the court thinks they should be hanged, they should be hanged. no mercy and no apologies. omar abdullah was right in his twit. if TN assembly passes a resolution to save these killers, then why can't JK assembly do the same to afzhal guru? why not kasab?

and nalini's daughter is no minor. she can fend for herself now that she is 21. if she has lived for 20 years without them, why can't she continue with the rest of her life without them? did these killers think of rahul gandhi and priyanka gandhi when they bombed their father? this is what you get for blindly following sarfirabakaran.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:04 am

kinnera wrote:i was pregnant with my first son when Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated. So was Nalini, the one convicted along with her husband, Murugan, for the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi. She gave birth to a girl baby two months after my son was born. I always thought abt this child, wondering how she was growing up, how she was coping up with the fact that her parents were labelled as assassins, how much she must be missing her parents, how Nalini and Murugan are feeling abt it all, etc. I used to do a google search once in a while for news abt her. I never got to see her pic. Now I do and also heard her voice. She looks so much like her mom.

My heart goes out to her. Murugan should be pardoned at least for the sake of his daughter. I'm glad the death sentence has been deferred for a few weeks. Hope he'll be spared.

>>> Kinnera,

I think emotionally this resonates with you since you have a child the same age, but these are people who killed a national leader in a pre-meditated fashion. They had no qualms about it and also killed a bunch of innocent bystanders. If the death penalty was the sentence, there is no need to commute it on this basis. If you have a problem with the death penalty as a whole, that of course would be a different debate. I am not even sure why there was a need to change it to a life sentence in the wife's case, considering the heinous nature of the crime.

Kris

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the-9-o-clock-news/my-parents-are-innocent-murugan-s-daughter/209507

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss.Blah Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:00 pm

http://www.lankalibrary.com/pol/rajiv2.htm- murugan should be hanged,he is a kasab of 90's

Miss.Blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down