Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Einstein on americans

2 posters

Go down

Einstein on americans Empty Einstein on americans

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 5:05 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein wrote:For some of his observations, Einstein was clearly surprised: "What strikes a visitor is the joyous, positive attitude to life . . . The American is friendly, self-confident, optimistic, and without envy."[55]:20

Back to top Go down

Einstein on americans Empty Re: Einstein on americans

Post by swapna Sat May 16, 2015 7:49 am

what made you post this? what's the context? how's this relevant? do you have an opinion on the subject? have you been searching the net for something to quote? do you know what "boring" and "middle-aged" mean?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 8:09 am

swapna wrote:what made you post this? what's the context? how's this relevant? do you have an opinion on the subject? have you been searching the net for something to quote? do you know what "boring" and "middle-aged" mean?

i was unsure, yesterday, if einstein was faculty at princeton or some other school. so i googled and read the whole of the link above. yes i have an opinion on the subject. having known americans, i fully agree with einstien (which made me post his obervations). refugees like you are polluting the land of americans (that i love). sad. loser-refugee brags about running a kay kay tee consultancy firm that posted the highest gross revenue of $0.000001 in 2001 and lies at 4 am about achievements of estranged kids, one of whom is a college drop-out. chiiii.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat May 16, 2015 10:24 am

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:what made you post this? what's the context? how's this relevant? do you have an opinion on the subject? have you been searching the net for something to quote? do you know what "boring" and "middle-aged" mean?

i was unsure, yesterday, if einstein was faculty at princeton or some other school. so i googled and read the whole of the link above. yes i have an opinion on the subject. having known americans, i fully agree with einstien (which made me post his obervations). refugees like you are polluting the land of americans (that i love). sad. loser-refugee brags about running a kay kay tee consultancy firm that posted the highest gross revenue of $0.000001 in 2001 and lies at 4 am about achievements of estranged kids, one of whom is a college drop-out. chiiii.

a large part of your second post is irrelevant and nonsensical, and sounds like the rantings of a madman.

all you had done in your original post was to copy and paste something you found on the internet; you had not expressed any opinion, nor had you added anything of value to the info in the quote. you might as well be a random-quote robot.

to add to the fluff that you bring to this forum, you then routinely steal expressions from me and possibly others, displaying a complete lack of originality and imagination, not to mention a vacuous mind.

secure in the foolish belief that the opinions of a man as famous as einstein must be valid, you assert, "I completely agree with einstein." let me tell you again, clueless person, it requires no courage or thoughtfulness to "agree completely" with einstein.

indeed, in the light of his being given a safe haven in the midst of the second world war, in a land that's far from the persecution he would have experienced, a stateless jewish man's fulsome praise of america should be heavily discounted.

moreover, einstein's statement about america's optimism, in my opinion, is plain wrong. optimism? you only need to read american authors' morbid literature over the years, to understand how wrong albert was.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 11:18 am

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:

a large part of your second post is irrelevant and nonsensical, and sounds like the rantings of a madman.

all you had done in your original post was to copy and paste something you found on the internet; you had not expressed any opinion, nor had you added anything of value to the info in the quote. you might as well be a random-quote robot.

to add to the fluff that you bring to this forum,
you then routinely steal expressions from me and possibly others, displaying a complete lack of originality and imagination, not to mention a vacuous mind.

secure in the foolish belief that the opinions of a man as famous as einstein must be valid, you assert, "I completely agree with einstein." let me tell you again, clueless person, it requires no courage or thoughtfulness to "agree completely" with einstein.

indeed, in the light of his being given a safe haven in the midst of the second world war, in a land that's far from the persecution he would have experienced, a stateless jewish man's fulsome praise of america should be heavily discounted.

moreover, einstein's statement about america's optimism, in my opinion, is plain wrong. optimism? you only need to read american authors' morbid literature over the years, to understand how wrong albert was.
striked out the fulff.

pray what are the expressions [sic] i routinely steal from you and others [sic]?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat May 16, 2015 11:47 am

brie wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein wrote:For some of his observations, Einstein was clearly surprised: "What strikes a visitor is the joyous, positive attitude to life . . . The American is friendly, self-confident, optimistic, and without envy."[55]:20
>>  Americans do tend to be more optimistic than citizens of other western nations. I was searching for Tocqueville's views on America and I came across this: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/03/the-american-ethic-and-the-spirit-of-optimism/388538/.  I just glanced through it and will probably ready it later today. Looks like it will be a good read.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 6:20 am

Kris wrote:
brie wrote:
>>  Americans do tend to be more optimistic than citizens of other western nations. I was searching for Tocqueville's views on America and I came across this: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/03/the-american-ethic-and-the-spirit-of-optimism/388538/.  I just glanced through it and will probably ready it later today. Looks like it will be a good read.
thanks! this was an interesting read.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun May 17, 2015 9:21 am

brie wrote:

i was unsure, yesterday, if einstein was faculty at princeton or some other school. 

"...if einstein was a member of the faculty...," not "...if einstein was faculty..."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun May 17, 2015 9:33 am

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:

you then routinely steal expressions from me and possibly others, displaying a complete lack of originality and imagination, not to mention a vacuous mind.

striked out the fulff.

pray what are the expressions [sic] i routinely steal from you and others [sic]?

"struck out," not "striked out."

your use of "sic" is probably wrong; look it up. google and the dictionaries work.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 9:41 am

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:

striked out the fulff.

right.

your use of "sic" is probably wrong; look it up. google and the dictionaries work.

probably? probably? probably?  hahahaaha X $ 0.00000001. what a doofus you are kay kay tee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 1:11 pm

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:

striked out the fulff.

right.
wrong. so sad na? ya allah. http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/strike+out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down