Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep analysis needed...

2 posters

Go down

Deep analysis needed... Empty Deep analysis needed...

Post by SomeProfile Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:48 am

I was at a dinner gathering last night. There was a couple there with a young kid He was 2 years old or so. Everybody else were adults. We were all sitting around in the living room and talking. The kid crawled into the kitchen, reached into the big bin which had the clean plates, cups and cutlery that was waiting for us to use for dinner. He took out a few plates and almost all the cutlery, put them all on the floor and was happily playing with them. His mom just looked on smiling as he put the spoons and forks all over the floor. At some point, she gathered all the cutlery onto one plate and left it in front of him. Obviously, before long, half the cutlery were back on the floor.

Finally, it was time for us to eat. I fully expected the mom to gather the cutlery and plates her child was playing with and wash them thoroughly before we started eating. But what does she do? She gathers everything up onto a plate and places it coolly on the table, next to the food, for people to start using. I said that we need to wash the cutlery. She said, "but they are already washed!"

What?? They were washed before her child wiped the floor with them. I gathered them all up, along with the plates the child had been playing with and took them to the sink. She said, "I will wash them", but without a lot of conviction. I just decided to wash them myself and she was happy to let me do that.

Needless to say, the mom is a North Indian. WTH, North Indians! Why are you like this? I don't expect you to do maDi like SI brahmins. But don't they even teach basic cleanliness and hygiene in North India?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Deep analysis needed... Empty Re: Deep analysis needed...

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:54 am

The bigger question is: What was in the menu?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Other communal eating/cooking stuff I can't stand:

1. Resting the spoon (that you use to stir the pot) on the stove/countertop while cooking . Put it on a plate for godssake!

2. Serving food with the hand that you are eating

3. Double dipping

4. Touching the serving spoon to the half-eaten plate while serving and using the same spoon to serve others.

(not necessarily NI traits)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:05 pm

nutmeg wrote:Other communal eating/cooking stuff I can't stand:

1. Resting the spoon (that you use to stir the pot) on the stove/countertop while cooking . Put it on a plate for godssake!

3. Double dipping

4. Touching the serving spoon to the half-eaten plate while serving and using the same spoon to serve others.

Damnnn... gulti traits.... why are they like this wonly?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:03 pm

nutmeg wrote:2. Serving food with the hand that you are eating

i agree with you. i find it strange when people serve with the hand they are eating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:42 pm

3. Double dipping

1. What is wrong with that ?
2. What is wrong if the person has not started eating?
3. A typical FOB trait, and hurried returned H1B trait.
4. A typical Indian HOTEL trait...not the high class hotels , which violates even more rules inside their "kitchen"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

3. Double dipping

1. What is wrong with that ?
2. What is wrong if the person has not started eating?
3. A typical FOB trait, and hurried returned H1B trait.
4. A typical Indian HOTEL trait...not the high class hotels , which violates even more rules inside their "kitchen"

1. Its disgusting. And I saw this first in NI homes.

2. Is ok if they have not started eating

4. Happens in homes too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:20 pm

Add to that chewing with mouth open.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:30 pm

once when i was going to Hyderabad with some friends we got two seats in a different bogie and we had to wait there for sometime till the TT comes. So I was went there along with another friend and there was a SI couple traveling with 2 small kids. They were not very clean but were playing happily, having a good time and I found them adorable.

Everything was great until the mom took out a steel container, something like this and gave her kids lemon rice. She used her hands to serve. bare hands. i found it very odd but then SIs do things like these. everybody knows how they eat rasam off their elbows so I thought it is how they served food. Then she offered us some Smile) Both, my friend and I said no before she could finish her sentence :-t

I don't care how clean she was or SIs are, who can eat food touched by bare hands ( in a train envt.) :-t
It didn't look like she was using her hands bcz she forgot the serving spoon and she didnt make any efforts to look for alternatives. It was like she always serves that way and is doing it now.

I thought about it for many days when I ate rice and then it hit me why the rice spoon is shaped a certain way Deep analysis needed... 3077217049
Some SI must have designed it lol!

well clean and unclean people can be both NI and SI. Some people are that way and they don't even know they are doing something wrong. Like the NI lady didnt think she needed to wash the cutlery and the SI aunty didnt know she could/should use a serving spoon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down