Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tarek fatah -- forget balkanization of india; pakistan will disintegrate sooner...

4 posters

Go down

tarek fatah -- forget balkanization of india; pakistan will disintegrate sooner... Empty tarek fatah -- forget balkanization of india; pakistan will disintegrate sooner...

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:43 am

...ok,  tarek fatah is no oxbridge product. but his interview made for a FASCINATING read. i have say i agree with him on each score. let the discussion commence:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/interviews/Tarek-Fatah-India-is-the-only-country-where-Muslims-exert-influence-without-fear/articleshow/19619612.cms?from=mdr

Back to top Go down

tarek fatah -- forget balkanization of india; pakistan will disintegrate sooner... Empty Re: tarek fatah -- forget balkanization of india; pakistan will disintegrate sooner...

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:46 am

What is this hatred for Pakistan? Look at ypur own problems and correct it.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

tarek fatah -- forget balkanization of india; pakistan will disintegrate sooner... Empty Re: tarek fatah -- forget balkanization of india; pakistan will disintegrate sooner...

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:51 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:What is this hatred for Pakistan? Look at ypur own problems and correct it.
did i say i hate pakistan? i want them to prosper more than india and, as a fall out, stop undermining our progress by subversive means. how did you jump to the bizarre conclusion that i hate pakistan? PRAY TELL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:57 am

I am very perceptive. I read between the lines.

Your country subverts Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal. Mend your ways.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:51 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:What is this hatred for Pakistan? Look at ypur own problems and correct it.

Why is this love for Pakisatan? Look at their own trickery separating the Tamil muslims from the Ealamites and forcing them to give up tamil language.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:57 pm

>>>>What is this hatred for Pakistan India? Look at your own problems* and correct it.

*child soldiers, human shields, terrorism etc etc, unless you don't see these as problems.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:08 am

brie wrote:...ok,  tarek fatah is no oxbridge product. but his interview made for a FASCINATING read. i have say i agree with him on each score. let the discussion commence:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/interviews/Tarek-Fatah-India-is-the-only-country-where-Muslims-exert-influence-without-fear/articleshow/19619612.cms?from=mdr
>>>Interesting guy. Hope the nut-jobs don't go after him for his intellectual honesty.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:52 am

Kris wrote:
brie wrote:...ok,  tarek fatah is no oxbridge product. but his interview made for a FASCINATING read. i have say i agree with him on each score. let the discussion commence:

>>>Interesting guy. Hope the nut-jobs don't go after him for his intellectual honesty.
very true kris. in all honesty, his life is in danger -- remember the dhaka incident in which a liberal, muslim blogger was hacked to death?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:29 am

brie wrote:
Kris wrote:

very true kris. in all honesty, his life is in danger -- remember the dhaka incident in which a liberal, muslim blogger was hacked to death?
>>Oh yeah. These guys really stick their necks out. It takes a lot of courage. Some years ago, due to a missed flight I ran into a Pakistani doctor in transit in Seoul. He was an interesting guy who had researched ayurvedic medicine and was telling me about his holistic approach to medicine. The conversation turned to politics after that. We were on the same plane from Seoul to the US. His thoughts were similar to Fatah's. He had gone back from the US some time earlier and had gotten married to a professional. There was some idea of settling down in Pakistan, but things apparently kept getting worse and he was torn over what to do. He said when they had their first child, his wife pretty much gave him an ultimatum which was they leave the country or else.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:08 am

Does this guy still believe that Kashmir should be a part of Pakistan?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:38 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Does this guy still believe that Kashmir should be a part of Pakistan?
he does not unambiguously spell out his stance on the issue but acknowledges that kashmir has been duped by india and pakistan (more so by the latter). if you rule out autonomy for kashmir (impossible politically or otherwise) then it is clear that he would like india (or even pakistan or its fragments) to be a part of india. 

i found it refreshingly original when he said that congress cheated frontier gandhi who galvanized support for the congress in large swathes of pakistan (including kashmir) by relegating his importance to that of a nobody. sad. and the british used jinnah and the opportunity very well (as per fatah) to impede communist threats from the west.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down