Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

modigliani painting sells for $170 million

+2
southindian
swapna
6 posters

Go down

modigliani painting sells for $170 million Empty modigliani painting sells for $170 million

Post by swapna Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:48 pm

yesterday, christie's auction house sold a painting by amedeo modigliani for 170.4 million dollars. that's the second-highest price ever paid for a painting; the highest, $179 million, was for a picasso, also sold some time last year.

the subject of the modigliani is a reclining nude. the work is titled "nu couche" or "ne couche," spelt variously with or without an accent on the terminal e.

the proceedings took a mere nine minutes; the winning bid was received by telephone; and the buyer is apparently anonymous. here's a full report:

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-painting-by-modigliani-sold-for-170-million-2015-11

about a year ago, I had posted photographs of modigliani's works here. m has, for many years, been a favourite artist of mine; I like his peculiar, minimalist style of depicting the human form and face that seems to convey more than the physical features of the subject. I think, like van gogh, m also died young, and probably poor.

I have a couple of inexpensive reproductions of modigliani's paintings at home.

swapna

Back to top Go down

modigliani painting sells for $170 million Empty Re: modigliani painting sells for $170 million

Post by southindian Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Thomas

Are those swapna's nudes? Please share her with SuCH folks.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

modigliani painting sells for $170 million Empty Re: modigliani painting sells for $170 million

Post by garam_kuta Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:04 pm

swapna wrote:yesterday, christie's auction house sold a painting by amedeo modigliani for 170.4 million dollars. that's the second-highest price ever paid for a painting; the highest, $179 million, was for a picasso, also sold some time last year.

the subject of the modigliani is a reclining nude. the work is titled "nu couche" or "ne couche," spelt spelled* variously with or without an accent on the terminal e.

the proceedings took a mere nine minutes; the winning bid was received by telephone; and the buyer is apparently anonymous. here's a full report:

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-painting-by-modigliani-sold-for-170-million-2015-11

about a year ago, I had posted photographs of modigliani's works here. m has, for many years, been a favourite artist of mine; I like his peculiar, minimalist style of depicting the human form and face that seems to convey more than the physical features of the subject. I think, like van gogh, m also died young, and probably poor.

I think I know what Uppili, the KumbakONam gowNdar is going to respond with...

*fixed

...after all these years living in the US, you write 'spelt'...

however, I don't know where he is going to insert 'IRRELEVANT' Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:21 pm

southindian wrote:Thomas

for now, I shall be kind, and resist the temptation to implicate the senior mrs patel the way one of the northpeepals would.

your glute brother and excrement enthusiast will be here shortly, with his butt exposed, inviting me to give it The Treatment with my boot. I may accept that invitation.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:16 pm

swapna wrote:

for now, I shall be kind, and resist the temptation to implicate the senior mrs patel the way one of the northpeepals would.

your glute brother and excrement enthusiast will be here shortly, with his butt exposed, inviting me to give it The Treatment with my boot. I may accept that invitation.
You promised Thomas you have it at home...

swapna's nudes please....
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:05 am

swapna wrote:yesterday, christie's auction house sold a painting by amedeo modigliani for 170.4 million dollars. that's the second-highest price ever paid for a painting; the highest, $179 million, was for a picasso, also sold some time last year.

the subject of the modigliani is a reclining nude. the work is titled "nu couche" or "ne couche," spelt variously with or without an accent on the terminal e.

IRRELEVANT

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:21 am

whydontyoujumpinagreasefireanddie.com

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:07 pm

southindian wrote:
swapna wrote:

You promised Thomas you have it at home...

swapna's nudes please....
dirty fellow.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:00 pm

no longer anonymous:

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/11/modigliani-auction-buyer-amex?mbid=nl_1110_Daily&CNDID=38349847&spMailingID=8239070&spUserID=MTA3MTg2NDQwNDQ0S0&spJobID=800995750&spReportId=ODAwOTk1NzUwS0

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down