Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have our own traditions - a Tamil woman

+7
confuzzled dude
MaxEntropy_Man
Hellsangel
garam_kuta
goodcitizn
garam-kuta
seven
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We have our own traditions - a Tamil woman - Page 2 Empty Re: We have our own traditions - a Tamil woman

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:more tamilians speak hindi than northindians who speak tamil. many tamilians have studied hindustani music formally and become professional hindustani musicians. northindian carnatic musician is a non-existent species. so we'll talk about cultural open-mindedness after you (i.e. seven) have attended your first carnatic music concert.
Do you say the same to a westerner? "I can speak in english and feel that the more proficient I am in that, the more superior I am to others. How much Tamil do you know? I listen to jazz, rock, western classical and all and believe that listening to them makes me look sophisticated and classy. How much do you know about Carnatic music? I eat grilled salmon and drink expensive whiskeys and beers, which puts me in an upscale league. Have you ever tasted arachuvitta sambar, paruppu rasam or tayir sadam?"

no westerner has complained to me that i don't celebrate their festivals. the only occasions when i've had to tell someone off like that in the US is when i was approached by proselytizers, once a mormon missionary and the second time a jehovah's witness. on both occasions i curtly told them to buzz off, and they did. they didn't stand around and complain how insular tamil americans are, and so they were not at the receiving end of "the lecture".

incidentally, more americans have displayed curiosity about carnatic musicians than northindians ever have. there was a competent professional carnatic musician of american origin, a professor at wesleyan university in CT by the name of jon higgins. he used to be affectionately known as higgins bhagavathar in chennai music circles. i have posted clips of his music here. search on youtube for him. in fact it started with him, but wesleyan now has a full fledged degree program in carnatic music.

you haven't been to any non indian or non hindu festivals/feasts of your friends or colleagues? or wish them? or if they wish you (ignorantly), politely wish them back? or did you tell them to buzz off? 

forget seven's corelation to you. you are saying above, "regardless, the person who told you off is absolutely right in telling you that she doesn't celebrate ramanavami. why does it concern you whether or not she celebrates ramanavami? it's a religious festival, isn't it?"

among group of friends, i assume, you will behave the same way? remember the context of OP. it was a group of friends. Not some mormon or jenovah's witness on your doorstep.

and kindly try to stick to the topic. first you start talking about carnatic music, then you write a paragraph of irrelevant people playing it. not making any real point except showcasing your useless (to the topic) knowledge.

the issue is NOT whether i have been to a christmas party, but the OP's expectation that the tamil woman she spoke to acknowledge her wishes. i may or may not choose to return christmas wishes. and btw, i may not have reacted the way seven's tamil acquaintance did, even if i did not celebrate ramanavami (which my family in fact does celebrate). that still doesn't excuse seven's whining.

incidentally many jews in the northeast US make an express point of telling people who wish them christmas that they don't celebrate christmas. entirely their prerogative.

the reason i brought up carnatic music and cultural reciprocity is because seven was making a broader whine about culture and cultural insularity (as best as i could make out her somewhat incoherent post).

Seven's so called whine was more of a self reflection. On recognizing the change in her own reaction to this Tamil woman. How earlier she would have ignored it. But now thanks to this bigot forum she sees deeper significance in things like someone's rude response.  

I do think the woman was rude. There are so many ways one can convey the same message, especially when you know the other party doesn't know your traditions. I have had friends from other cultures who politely refuses and go on to excitedly tell us about their culture or practices  without getting offended or offending. For most part, people are rational. Don't you think seven has a point when she says it is Tamil people who are the rudest in this regard? Some of them fume if another desi in the us tries to talk to them in Hindi. Arre just tell you don't know it and they will switch to English. What's the big deal? Nothing but many people love to make one. Luckily not all Tamil people are like that.

Besides, why can't seven whine about a rude friend's rude snub? Just coz she is Tamil, seven should let it go? You whine about well meanjng North Indians refusing to learn Tamil in Tamil Nadu. This one was a much smaller incidence and much more personal too.

So basically, the minority can whine all they want, but the majority have no right to react? Is that where you are coming from?

Back to top Go down

We have our own traditions - a Tamil woman - Page 2 Empty Re: We have our own traditions - a Tamil woman

Post by swapna Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:11 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:more tamilians speak hindi than northindians who speak tamil. many tamilians have studied hindustani music formally and become professional hindustani musicians. northindian carnatic musician is a non-existent species. so we'll talk about cultural open-mindedness after you (i.e. seven) have attended your first carnatic music concert.

this was more about simple greetings and mere pot luck (I think). where there is feasting, it's a different type of mindset. music recital is a bigger commitment. My gujju friend teaches BN to little kids in her neighborhood. she doesn't think my culture their culture. She likes it, she does it. you think it, not sure if that's "true" open mindedness. seven has started thinking it now. That's what her point was in OP. 

talking about feasting, i remember reading here i think, that now a days BN personal type of concerts people keep samosa, etc to entice audience while it was not a norm before. So I mean... that's cultural openness right there, and in a way proves your point.
"serve samosa," not "keep "samosa."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:36 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
seven wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:
seven wrote:...and do not want to add more to the list"

She works in US. When people were exchanging Ramnavmi greetings, she said we don't celebrate Ramnavmi in tamilnadu. We have our own Festivals, don't want to add new ones to  the list followed by a sheepish hehe. 

I mean SERIOUSLY?!!!

You cannot wish someone or accept a wish from someone Bcz you don't celebrate that in your state? What kind of insecure culture is this? 
You are not even there right now. You're in US, which btw is very accepting of other cultures.

Other thing that worries me is *I* noticed she said that. Normally I wouldn't care. I'll be like so they don't celebrate, whatever. Move on to other things like who is bringing what to the potluck. But I noticed she said that n didn't like it. It reminded me of max entropy n other closed tamilnadus.

would you mind translating the last paragraph to a language that you know better. even if it's hindi, we may understand it better than your english. thanks in advance.
I feel this forum n learning about Tamil people's mentality is influencing me in a bad way.
ha ha ha the imposter hyphenator, like the senile demented sistah, is targeting women and looking for 'pun' dai.டேய்...நன்னா பார்த்து மழுமழுன்னு சரைச்சு விடப்போறியா?
ennadee kaamaakshi, don't you know that there's no such word as "nanna" in proper thamizh? the correct word is "nandraga"; "nanna" is a brahmin distortion of a good, thamizh word. 

if you don't quit saying "nanna," I'm gonna whip you with the soiled paavaadai that my thamizh brahmin classmate's niece used instead of tampons to stem her flow at the time of her "menses," as the boys of your tribe called that monthly occurrence.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:54 pm

[quote="swapna"]
Meghna Mathur wrote:
"serve samosa," not "keep "samosa."
serve..tut tut tut. such an inadvertent imposition enforced impulsively by family vocation for generations!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:27 am

swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
seven wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:

She works in US. When people were exchanging Ramnavmi greetings, she said we don't celebrate Ramnavmi in tamilnadu. We have our own Festivals, don't want to add new ones to  the list followed by a sheepish hehe. 

I mean SERIOUSLY?!!!

You cannot wish someone or accept a wish from someone Bcz you don't celebrate that in your state? What kind of insecure culture is this? 
You are not even there right now. You're in US, which btw is very accepting of other cultures.

Other thing that worries me is *I* noticed she said that. Normally I wouldn't care. I'll be like so they don't celebrate, whatever. Move on to other things like who is bringing what to the potluck. But I noticed she said that n didn't like it. It reminded me of max entropy n other closed tamilnadus.

would you mind translating the last paragraph to a language that you know better. even if it's hindi, we may understand it better than your english. thanks in advance.
I feel this forum n learning about Tamil people's mentality is influencing me in a bad way.
ha ha ha the imposter hyphenator, like the senile demented sistah, is targeting women and looking for 'pun' dai.டேய்...நன்னா பார்த்து மழுமழுன்னு சரைச்சு விடப்போறியா?
ennadee kaamaakshi, don't you know that there's no such word as "nanna" in proper thamizh? the correct word is "nandraga"; "nanna" is a brahmin distortion of a good, thamizh word. 

if you don't quit saying "nanna," I'm gonna whip you with the soiled paavaadai that my thamizh brahmin classmate's niece used instead of tampons to stem her flow at the time of her "menses," as the boys of your tribe called that monthly occurrence.

Shocked that's some depraved fetish, saving menstrual rags..ewww. you still suck on that 'treasure' ? Oh, boy.. what else you did to get into their circle, but failed...clearly they were only classmates, not friends;  how desperate you must have been...still tormenting over those brutal days of begging in shadows, pleading for evolution, approval and acceptance from those guys?

aside: muttaakoo..Onkosaramthan aththai maththiram pApAra thamizhlE ezhudhinEndA kEnai Razz   I intentionally wrote that just to rile you up, and bingo you reasserted that you are the only anti-brahmin casteist in this forum spewing your own distorted barbaric anecdotes.
check this out: hee hee  "போறியா?" is prOper thamizh hahaha prOOper thamizhu, na rofl

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:28 am

I mean SERIOUSLY?!!!

100 times:

she works in the u.s.
she works in the u.s.
she works in the u.s.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:35 am

I mean SERIOUSLY?!!!

>It *is* celebrated in TN as in presumably the rest of India. It is pretty uncool to make a statement like that regardless, even if she followed a different religion. It is as weird as making a point of not being a Christian at the office X-mas party. If someone does that, it is a safe bet that there is a chip on the shoulder and people do notice those things. Anyway, it is good that you find your own reaction worrisome. Thankfully, this type of personality is a rarity.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:02 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Do you say the same to a westerner? "I can speak in english and feel that the more proficient I am in that, the more superior I am to others. How much Tamil do you know? I listen to jazz, rock, western classical and all and believe that listening to them makes me look sophisticated and classy. How much do you know about Carnatic music? I eat grilled salmon and drink expensive whiskeys and beers, which puts me in an upscale league. Have you ever tasted arachuvitta sambar, paruppu rasam or tayir sadam?"

no westerner has complained to me that i don't celebrate their festivals. the only occasions when i've had to tell someone off like that in the US is when i was approached by proselytizers, once a mormon missionary and the second time a jehovah's witness. on both occasions i curtly told them to buzz off, and they did. they didn't stand around and complain how insular tamil americans are, and so they were not at the receiving end of "the lecture".

incidentally, more americans have displayed curiosity about carnatic musicians than northindians ever have. there was a competent professional carnatic musician of american origin, a professor at wesleyan university in CT by the name of jon higgins. he used to be affectionately known as higgins bhagavathar in chennai music circles. i have posted clips of his music here. search on youtube for him. in fact it started with him, but wesleyan now has a full fledged degree program in carnatic music.

you haven't been to any non indian or non hindu festivals/feasts of your friends or colleagues? or wish them? or if they wish you (ignorantly), politely wish them back? or did you tell them to buzz off? 

forget seven's corelation to you. you are saying above, "regardless, the person who told you off is absolutely right in telling you that she doesn't celebrate ramanavami. why does it concern you whether or not she celebrates ramanavami? it's a religious festival, isn't it?"

among group of friends, i assume, you will behave the same way? remember the context of OP. it was a group of friends. Not some mormon or jenovah's witness on your doorstep.

and kindly try to stick to the topic. first you start talking about carnatic music, then you write a paragraph of irrelevant people playing it. not making any real point except showcasing your useless (to the topic) knowledge.

the issue is NOT whether i have been to a christmas party, but the OP's expectation that the tamil woman she spoke to acknowledge her wishes. i may or may not choose to return christmas wishes. and btw, i may not have reacted the way seven's tamil acquaintance did, even if i did not celebrate ramanavami (which my family in fact does celebrate). that still doesn't excuse seven's whining.

incidentally many jews in the northeast US make an express point of telling people who wish them christmas that they don't celebrate christmas. entirely their prerogative.

the reason i brought up carnatic music and cultural reciprocity is because seven was making a broader whine about culture and cultural insularity (as best as i could make out her somewhat incoherent post).
how do you rate seven's language skills?
-2 or -3 or (-2 to -3)?
even with typos and grammatical errors, if at least the thoughts are conveyed then a positive non-zero rating can be given.
otherwise, only negative.
same message to the other woman fuming over -2 or -3 or (-2 to -3). Smile Smile

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:05 am

garam-kuta wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

how do you rate seven's language skills?
-2 or -3 or (-2 to -3)?
even with typos and grammatical errors, if at least the thoughts are conveyed then a positive non-zero rating can be given.
otherwise, only negative.
same message to the other woman fuming over -2 or -3 or (-2 to -3). Smile Smile

khisiyana rashmun khamba noche hahaha...

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:35 am

Kris wrote:

I mean SERIOUSLY?!!!

>It *is* celebrated in TN as in presumably the rest of India. It is pretty uncool to make a statement like that regardless, even if she followed a different religion. It is as weird as making a point of not being a Christian at the office X-mas party. If someone does that, it is a safe bet that there is a chip on the shoulder and people do notice those things. Anyway, it is good that you find your own reaction worrisome. Thankfully, this type of personality is a rarity.

spot on, kris.  I have lived both in the upper east, NYC and off University avenue, Palo Alto. the Northeast NYC and Northwest CA are quite different in their local culture. That's why seven must have felt it strange. as far what Max says about the North East population, yes, indeed they are
feisty, especially the NYC's. Instead of just nodding and wishing back, I don't know what's their objective behind announcing that they don't celebrate christmas - after all these are almost as serious as replying to how you doin'? Very Happy

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:41 am

swapna wrote:

I mean SERIOUSLY?!!!

100 times:

she works in the u.s.
she works in the u.s.
she works in the u.s.

hahaha.. @ the archaic U.S.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:52 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

I mean SERIOUSLY?!!!

tamilnadu is not a person. "closed tamilnadus" doesn't make any sense.

i see that others have corrected you re TN and ramanavami. regardless, the person who told you off is absolutely right in telling you that she doesn't celebrate ramanavami. why does it concern you whether or not she celebrates ramanavami? it's a religious festival, isn't it?

a broader point -- i will pick and choose aspects of your culture and art that i find interesting and reject what doesn't appeal to me. for example i love hindustani music (it's a good bet that i know more about it than the average northindian), but i detest the holi festival. i also have no interest in the stories of prem 
So you don't find anything odd about her response. 

Everyone - that's why it reminded me of max.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:16 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

I mean SERIOUSLY?!!!

i see that others have corrected you re TN and ramanavami. regardless, the person who told you off is absolutely right in telling you that she doesn't celebrate ramanavami. why does it concern you whether or not she celebrates ramanavami? it's a religious festival, isn't it?

That woman saying, "we don't celebrate Ramanavami in Tamil Nadu; we have other festivals," seems to suggest she is a non-Hindu.

how do you celebrate it? if i remember correctly, we invite about 9 or more kids (is it girls?) from the neighborhood for a feast at home. i am usually never clear on what we do when, but this is what's coming to my mind. as per my habit, i assume a lot. so am guessing the op convo was, 'we don't celebrate it this way'.
We used to have akhand ramayan paath at our house or someone's house where all elders used to take turns to sing ramayan. We were allowed to stay up late n participate as much as we could. I remember buttermilk and water being served as people sang ramayan all day all night. Dholaks and dafli. 
This year we did the sundar khand paath. The chapter where hanuman' devotion shines. 

I cooked halwa chana.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
seven wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:

Seven, you start this thread with the assumption that people in Tamil Nadu don't celebrate Rama Navami (not Navmi) based on one Tamil woman's comment and then make snide remarks about Max and others without knowing anything about the Hindu practices in Tamil Nadu. I question your mentality.
i did not assume one way or another. it's celebrated or not is besides the point. i talked about that woman's reluctance to accept ram navmi wishes and instead of just letting it slide, making a point to tell everyone they don't celebrate it in TN, have their own things (yes, she said things) and don't want to add new things. 

her attitude towards accepting wishes reminded me of max somehow. it may be because i'm not too impressed by tamils on this forum. or maybe because my mentality is becoming like the general mood of our forum - foul.

as per my observation tamils are, in general and on average, superior culturally, ethically, morally, and intellectually to all other Indians. of course there will always be the occasional rotten apple like perhaps the woman you spoke with.
irrelevant.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:23 pm

seven wrote:
so you are denying tamils are culturally rigid and suggesting north indians are culturally closed?
Max?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:25 pm

seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
seven wrote:

Seven, you start this thread with the assumption that people in Tamil Nadu don't celebrate Rama Navami (not Navmi) based on one Tamil woman's comment and then make snide remarks about Max and others without knowing anything about the Hindu practices in Tamil Nadu. I question your mentality.
i did not assume one way or another. it's celebrated or not is besides the point. i talked about that woman's reluctance to accept ram navmi wishes and instead of just letting it slide, making a point to tell everyone they don't celebrate it in TN, have their own things (yes, she said things) and don't want to add new things. 

her attitude towards accepting wishes reminded me of max somehow. it may be because i'm not too impressed by tamils on this forum. or maybe because my mentality is becoming like the general mood of our forum - foul.

as per my observation tamils are, in general and on average, superior culturally, ethically, morally, and intellectually to all other Indians. of course there will always be the occasional rotten apple like perhaps the woman you spoke with.
irrelevant.

it is not. you are not permitted to make sweeping generalizations based on your interaction with one Tamilian.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:34 pm

Oh like kinnera is not allowed to be friends with Tracy. 
Who made you incharge?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
seven wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:

As per my observation Hindus are, in general and on average, peaceful and law abiding people. That doesn't stop you from posting anti Hindu articles n painting Hindus as badder than Muslims n more violent. You stop doing that before you tell me to not project one woman's and Max's behavior onto all the Tamils.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:48 am

seven, what part of india are you from?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:11 am

swapna wrote:seven, what part of india are you from?
Thomas,

Which part of Texas are you from?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:17 am

seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
seven wrote:

As per my observation Hindus are, in general and on average, peaceful and law abiding people. That doesn't stop you from posting anti Hindu articles n painting Hindus as badder than Muslims n more violent. You stop doing that before you tell me to not project one woman's and Max's behavior onto all the Tamils.
Assholes here are ignoring dark ages of Christianity, tales from Africa and Australia (aboriginals) and Muslims onslaught on earth since Muhammad was born. 

These jackasses here won't even think of living close to Middle-East.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:21 am

seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
seven wrote:

that woman's behaviour is perfectly understandable. there is a long history of whining about southern indians by northpeepals; some people are annoyed by it, and express their annoyance. 

perhaps you should spend your time more productively by working for northpeepal's economic and social upliftment.

max has gone out of his way to show his love of northpeepal's music ever since the powerful charvakan started this forum and made.clear that he would oppose any criticism of northpeepals. you should appreciate max's openmindedness to your music.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:29 am

swapna wrote:
seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

that woman's behaviour is perfectly understandable. there is a long history of whining about southern indians by northpeepals; some people are annoyed by it, and express their annoyance. 

perhaps you should spend your time more productively by working for northpeepal's economic and social upliftment.

max has gone out of his way to show his love of northpeepal's music ever since the powerful charvakan started this forum and made.clear that he would oppose any criticism of northpeepals. you should appreciate max's openmindedness to your music.
Thomas,

Long history of whining never stops. Right? 

You northindian, Your whining on northindians hasn't stopped on this forum for the last decade? Smile Right?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:07 am

southindian wrote:
swapna wrote:
seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:

Thomas,

You northindian, Your whining on northindians hasn't stopped on this forum for the last decade? Smile Right?
this thread is a long, pathetic whine by seven about a southern indian. she appears to be in severe pain. help her.

what does "You northindian, Your whining hasn't stopped?" mean? is that a question? a statement? an accusation?

do you call yourself "southindian" as a strategy to aggrandize yourself?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:27 am

seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
seven wrote:

As per my observation Hindus are, in general and on average, peaceful and law abiding people.
you must not have heard of babri masjid, the massacre of sikhs after indira gandhi's assassination.- was that perpetrated by muslims? - or the killings of muslims in ahmedabad in february and march, 2002. and you surely missed this article:

http://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/cry-the-beloved-country/214944

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:50 am

swapna wrote:
seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

As per my observation Hindus are, in general and on average, peaceful and law abiding people.
you must not have heard of babri masjid, the massacre of sikhs after indira gandhi's assassination.- was that perpetrated by muslims? - or the killings of muslims in ahmedabad in february and march, 2002. and you surely missed this article:

harsh mander, then a serving i.a.s. officer, writes that he was "numbed with disgust and horror" by the murders of muslims in february and march, 2002, in naroda patiya and other parts of ahmedabad. 

he is writing about the horrors perpetrated by the people you "observed" to be "in general, and on average, peaceful and law-abiding." they were not muslims, sikhs, or christians.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:10 am

southindian wrote:
seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Assholes here are ignoring dark ages of Christianity, tales from Africa and Australia (aboriginals) and Muslims onslaught on earth since Muhammad was born. 

you're not angry or upset, are you?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:48 pm

swapna wrote:
southindian wrote:
seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:

you're not angry or upset, are you?
Nope I'm not. Smile Even when I tell assholes who they are.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:54 pm

swapna wrote:
southindian wrote:
swapna wrote:
seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Thomas,

this thread is a long, pathetic whine by seven about a southern indian. she appears to be in severe pain. help her.

what does "You northindian, Your whining hasn't stopped?" mean? is that a question? a statement? an accusation?

do you call yourself "southindian" as a strategy to aggrandize yourself?
Thomas, 

You are a northindian to me.... and you are whiner. Smile You have been whining for over a decade. You are a northindian whiner

I live/visit way south in India than you can imagine. LOL.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:14 pm

swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:
seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:

harsh mander, then a serving i.a.s. officer, writes that he was "numbed with disgust and horror" by the murders of muslims in february and march, 2002, in naroda patiya and other parts of ahmedabad. 

he is writing about the horrors perpetrated by the people you "observed" to be "in general, and on average, peaceful and law-abiding." they were not muslims, sikhs, or christians.

coming out of the woodwork, targeting women, but not responding to others legit questions on your allegations; incorrigible, you both are Rolling Eyes
இன்னா மச்சி!   நம்ம​ கிட்ட​ மோதாம​, பொம்பளைங்களா பொறுக்கினு கீறே! எல்லாம் சேர்ந்து ஆப்பை அட்ச்சி கிளிச்சுட்டானுங்களா!  வீடியோல
1:25 - 2:05 காட்னா மாதிரி..இப்ப​ தெர்தா நாதாரிப் பயலுங்களா What a Face What a Face

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:55 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:
seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

coming out of the woodwork, targeting women, but not responding to others legit questions on your allegations; incorrigible, you both are Rolling Eyes
இன்னா மச்சி!   நம்ம​ கிட்ட​ மோதாம​, பொம்பளைங்களா பொறுக்கினு கீறே! எல்லாம் சேர்ந்து ஆப்பை அட்ச்சி கிளிச்சுட்டானுங்களா!  வீடியோல
1:25 - 2:05 காட்னா மாதிரி..இப்ப​ தெர்தா நாதாரிப் பயலுங்களா What a Face  What a Face
no question is legit in the light of your crass "puNs." I note that gc was so embarrassed by your vulgarity that he punished you with a resounding slap, characterizing you as "crass."

you called me other names for months, as if you were the thirteen-year-old brother of the tyre-level propa711. I waited patiently for you to grow up and reform yourself. you didn't. thus, no answers for you.

the moral of your story: crass tamil brahmins are just crass.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:21 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:
seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

1:25 - 2:05 காட்னா மாதிரி..இப்ப​ தெர்தா நாதாரிப் பயலுங்களா What a Face  What a Face
"targeting women?" are these your women? are you their protector, as the admin fancied himself to be? they don't need you; they are not the angels you naively think they are. 

for example, seven started this thread of her own volition. she knew the possible consequences. you will gain nothing from these women, least of all, access, for you've now revealed yourself to be as crude as anyone can be.

please use better tamil.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:34 pm

swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:
seven wrote:

no question is legit in the light of your crass "puNs." I note that gc was so embarrassed by your vulgarity that he punished you with a resounding slap, characterizing you as "crass."

you called me other names for months, as if you were the thirteen-year-old brother of the tyre-level propa711. I waited patiently for you to grow up and reform yourself. you didn't. thus, no answers for you.

hahaha at anyone punishing....what a fantasy! wake up yo!

and if you think you are playing GC against me or vice versa mbwahahahah... he wasn't even aware of what was going on to contextualize and judge.
now, now, ain't it so intriguing that you value GC's comment all of a sudden.. how convenient, sleazebag!

and the moral of the story is that not all tamil brahmins are of the same stereotypes; some can whip you back more than you would imagine, in your own and much damaging terms that you would cry for mercy as you are doing right here..by trying end it with the" moral of the story" line. I can give you a reference in case you couldn't recall.

finally, if this is crass, what you call that macabre fetish of yours stealing and treasuring menstrual rags of tamil brahmin girls...what would your family say if they get to know this..

so depraved that you are way beyond for anyone calling you names; best is to identify you in numbers like the clinical psychology subjects.

no answers, my a$$! you ain't got any Wink .. so you harass and prey on women posters! bite me, again, please.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:57 pm

swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:
seven wrote:

"targeting women?" are these your women? are you their protector, as the admin fancied himself to be? they don't need you; they are not the angels you naively think they are. 

for example, seven started this thread of her own volition. she knew the possible consequences. you will gain nothing from these women, least of all, access, for you've now revealed yourself to be as crude as anyone can be.

please use better tamil.

hahaha.. that ain't going to work either.. I am interfering in anyway with the women's posts, but only whipping you for chasing them exclusively. matter of fact at least one of them is your nightmare, isn't it? affraid

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:24 pm

swapna wrote:

we are allowed to have independent opinions, but not independent facts. what you have stated above as cause and effect is demonstrably bovine excrement. i have appreciated northindian classical music long before i started posting on sulekha. i have written extensively about music in general and about the common threads in indian classical music on sulkeha long before this group was created. you shouldn't succumb to the notion that your enemy's friend is also your enemy. tut, tut, that's very middle school.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:27 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:

please use better tamil.

hahaha..  that ain't going to work either.. *I am interfering in anyway* with the women's posts, but only whipping you for chasing them exclusively. matter of fact at least one of them is your nightmare, isn't it? affraid
correction: * I am not interfering in anyway*

you ask "are these your women? are you their protector.." so repulsive..how atavistic can you get?
apparently you and douchemun are both some mutant gorillas.. certified காட்டாடானுங்க​, both treating women as some property..with fascistic control and continue to remain barbaric, in spite of spending some time in a civilized milieu 'all those years ago', but had only to abuse it.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun May 01, 2016 8:40 pm

swapna wrote:..... I waited patiently for you to grow up and reform yourself. you didn't. thus, no answers for you.

you are not even wrong, and you know that.

et voila , a very well known, time-proven adage, just for you - good luck with you getting it right, though...
கெட்டாலும் மேன்மக்களே மேன்மக்களே
சங்கு சுட்டாலும் வெண்மை தரும்

and mbwaahahaha.. what a filthy rat you are, running away without proving any of your allegations but trying to end it with ''no answers for you"; in this forum, for me, it's like 'deja vu all over again' as they say Razz

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun May 01, 2016 9:02 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:..... I waited patiently for you to grow up and reform yourself. you didn't. thus, no answers for you.

you are not even wrong, and you know that.

et voila , a very well known, time-proven adage, just for you - good luck with you getting it right, though...
கெட்டாலும் மேன்மக்களே* மேன்மக்களே

and mbwaahahaha.. what a filthy rat you are, running away without proving any of your allegations but trying to end it with ''no answers for you"; in this forum, for me, it's like 'deja vu all over again' as they say Razz

* கெட்டாலும் மேன்மக்கள் மேன்மக்களே

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon May 02, 2016 10:40 am

garam-kuta wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

I mean SERIOUSLY?!!!

please seven..one swallow doesn't make a summer. and as good citizen has pointed out, majority of tamilians do celebrate ramanavami - the issue is it is rooted in religion and hence may not gel with linguistic solidarity. in the us, celebrating christmas is fun but optional for non-christians though the language enlish could be the common denominator.

I think max is just assertive of his own rights to choose, and not be pushed to renounce distinct cultural traditions and lose distinction. as for me , i love those feasting festivals and generally refrain those fasting ones Smile

yes. pleading and gentle persuasion will work with the northindian crowd. do some more.
the comment above in bold text, by the hyphenated dog is by far the best in this thread. haha @ the sarcastic "gentle persuasion" and "do some more."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon May 02, 2016 6:11 pm

swapna wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:......
yes. pleading and gentle persuasion will work with the northindian crowd. do some more.
the comment above in bold text, by the hyphenated dog is by far the best in this thread. haha @ the sarcastic "gentle persuasion" and "do some more."

i pity only the brahmin boys who in their futile attempts tried to civilize you all those years ago but failed, and you betrayed them and abused their young women relatives with such depraved S&M perversion in stealing and treasuring their menstrual clothes; you are just incorrigible, and so far down the ladder in evolution, you are immune to any epigenetics influence.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2