Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question 1 - What can admin see?

2 posters

Go down

Question 1 - What can admin see? Empty Question 1 - What can admin see?

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:23 pm

I have a few questions about this forum. After the questions are all answered, I will decide if I want to continue participating in this forum. Since this forum is not very conducive discussing sub-topics and sub-threads, I will post each question as a separate post. We can discuss each question on its own thread. Hope Charvaka (and others) can answer the questions.

Question 1: What all information can the admin of this forum view about each poster? I know that the admin can see the email address the poster uses to sign-up. What else? IP addresses? Domain names? What else?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Question 1 - What can admin see? Empty Re: Question 1 - What can admin see?

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:42 pm

SomeProfile wrote:Question 1: What all information can the admin of this forum view about each poster? I know that the admin can see the email address the poster uses to sign-up. What else? IP addresses? Domain names? What else?
I can see email addresses. I don't know any way to see IP addresses; while I did not look for a way, I don't think there is one. Same for domain names.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:45 pm

For comparison purposes, I will post answers to this question about the other forum I created (http://www.reddit.com/r/Coffeehouse/) on reddit.

The Coffeehouse forum on reddit has moderators. At this moment, I am the sole moderator simply because I created the site. I cannot see anything on the site that you cannot see. In other words, I can only see whatever any other poster on the site can see. I have access to no more extra information.

Reddit also has site admins who are the actual technically people running the site. I have no idea who they are. They can see all the information that the people who run any website can see about visitors. This includes your IP address, your browser and operating system information, etc.

Summary: As the forum moderator, I cannot see anything extra on the site that you cannot see.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:45 pm

charvaka wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:Question 1: What all information can the admin of this forum view about each poster? I know that the admin can see the email address the poster uses to sign-up. What else? IP addresses? Domain names? What else?
I can see email addresses. I don't know any way to see IP addresses; while I did not look for a way, I don't think there is one. Same for domain names.

both my email addresses are fake, so I don't care... the good thing is, it will be harder for people to create multiple handles here. In sulekha, apparently you can give a fake email id, and create a handle. quick. but here, it asks you to confirm ur registration first.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Is there a web page where we can see the privileges of admins and moderators on this forum?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 1:15 am

SomeProfile wrote:Is there a web page where we can see the privileges of admins and moderators on this forum?
The problem with this site is that it is based in Europe and the native language of the site owners seems to be French. I have figure out how to do things directly by looking at the admin module pages. I didn't see much by way of documentation.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down