Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question 3 - Who else will be admin?

5 posters

Go down

Question 3 - Who else will be admin? Empty Question 3 - Who else will be admin?

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:28 pm

What happens when our current admin, Charvaka, has to go on a long vacation? Or decides he no longer wants to be part of this forum? Or, for some reason (god forbid) out of his control, he is unable to continue being the admin and can't pass on the admin role to somebody else? Can this site continue existing in perpetuity without an admin? If not, will it be necessary for us to have more than one admin? If yes, who else will be the admin? Which other person on here would we be comfortable in the admin role? A lot of this depends on the access and power of the admin (questions 1 and 2).

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Question 3 - Who else will be admin? Empty Re: Question 3 - Who else will be admin?

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:50 pm

On the Reddit Coffeehouse forum, I don't intend to add anybody else as moderator. In fact, if I could remove myself as moderator, I would go ahead and do that. The forum does not need a moderator to run. Like the rest of the reddit website, the technical administrators of the site do all the work to keep it up and running. So, even if there is no moderator, it will continue running fine. If I were to die tomorrow, the forum will be perfectly fine and okay, working in perpetuity, or at least as long as reddit.com exists as a website.

I have not had to use a single moderator responsibility so far (http://www.reddit.com/help/faq#Moderators). I don't intend to use a single moderator responsibility in the future, except for one: change the look and feel of the forum, if the members want that. Hopefully I don't have to do even that.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Question 3 - Who else will be admin? Empty Re: Question 3 - Who else will be admin?

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:58 pm

SomeProfile wrote:What happens when our current admin, Charvaka, has to go on a long vacation? Or decides he no longer wants to be part of this forum? Or, for some reason (god forbid) out of his control, he is unable to continue being the admin and can't pass on the admin role to somebody else? Can this site continue existing in perpetuity without an admin? If not, will it be necessary for us to have more than one admin? If yes, who else will be the admin? Which other person on here would we be comfortable in the admin role? A lot of this depends on the access and power of the admin (questions 1 and 2).
Once it is set up the site does not need an admin. That is why I don't plan to moderate out or have other moderators.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:04 pm

You will need to retain admin access and give it to someone if necessary.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:11 pm

Hellsangel wrote:You will need to retain admin access and give it to someone if necessary.

Good point. Who will that someone be?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:10 pm

QB - she is a CEO, knows everything and about everyone, millionaire, and has the power of FBI behind her.

I vote QB

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm...God bless that Child.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:12 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:QB - she is a CEO, knows everything and about everyone, millionaire, and has the power of FBI behind her.

I vote QB

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm...God bless that Child.

LOL, she will kick out only the BAD ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:30 pm

I would advise Charvaka not to give admin/moderator powers to anyone else. The reason is that most CH posters have antagonistic relations with at least a few other CH posters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:35 pm

Charvaka is a Brahmin and the other admins should be from SC/ST or OBC.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:36 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Charvaka is a Brahmin and the other admins should be from SC/ST or OBC.

do droids have rights too?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 1:40 am

Rashmun wrote:I would advise Charvaka not to give admin/moderator powers to anyone else. The reason is that most CH posters have antagonistic relations with at least a few other CH posters.
I don't intend to. That's the reason for setting up the voting up/down system here.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down