Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question 2 - What can admin do?

2 posters

Go down

Question 2 - What can admin do? Empty Question 2 - What can admin do?

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:24 pm

Question 2 - What all powers does the admin have on this forum? What can the admin do with those powers? Earlier admin was able to change huzefa's profile picture. What else can admin do? Delete our posts? Ban us? Edit our posts? Edit our profile names? Read our personal messages? What else?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Question 2 - What can admin do? Empty Re: Question 2 - What can admin do?

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:47 pm

On the Reddit Coffeehouse forum, you can read everything about the moderators power here: http://www.reddit.com/help/faq#Moderators

Copy-paste from that link:

A moderator is just a regular redditor like you except with a few humble duties within a particular community:

•They configure parameters for the community, like what its description should be or whether it should be considered "Over 18".
•They set the custom logo and styling, if any.
•They can mark a link or comment as an official community submission, which just adds an "[M]" and turns their name green.
•They can remove links and comments from their community if they find them objectionable or offtopic.
•They can ban a spammer or other abusive user from submitting to their community (This has no effect elsewhere on the site).
•They can add other users as moderators.

Again, moderators have no special powers outside of the community they moderate.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:49 pm

SomeProfile wrote:Question 2 - What all powers does the admin have on this forum? What can the admin do with those powers? Earlier admin was able to change huzefa's profile picture. What else can admin do? Delete our posts? Ban us? Edit our posts? Edit our profile names? Read our personal messages? What else?
The admin can delete posts and threads. He can also lock them to prevent more posts without deleting them. I can also ban users. I can not change your picture itself; I can change its size. I can not edit your posts. I can not change user names; I can choose aniket existing users can change their own names our edit their own posts. I have no access to your personal messages.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Is there a web page where we can see the privileges of admins and moderators on this forum?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down