Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8 hour diet for weight loss

3 posters

Go down

The 8 hour diet for weight loss Empty The 8 hour diet for weight loss

Post by nevada Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Anyone want to try this diet? Looks interesting though the 16 hrs gap between the last meal and breakfast next day seems to be too long.

"Can Americans trim their waistlines by spending less time at the dinner table? In “The 8-Hour Diet,” best-selling authors David Zinczenko and Peter Moore argue that people can lose weight (and combat our 24-hour eating culture) by only consuming food during a set 8-hour time period."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/50333293/ns/today-books/t/-hour-diet-watch-clock-lose-weight/#.UOXAISqF--4

nevada

Back to top Go down

The 8 hour diet for weight loss Empty Re: The 8 hour diet for weight loss

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:57 am

nevada wrote:Anyone want to try this diet? Looks interesting though the 16 hrs gap between the last meal and breakfast next day seems to be too long.

"Can Americans trim their waistlines by spending less time at the dinner table? In “The 8-Hour Diet,” best-selling authors David Zinczenko and Peter Moore argue that people can lose weight (and combat our 24-hour eating culture) by only consuming food during a set 8-hour time period."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/50333293/ns/today-books/t/-hour-diet-watch-clock-lose-weight/#.UOXAISqF--4

I am least bit surprised....The orthodox women in old times would not eat anything after 3 PM or 4 PM. They worked all day - cooking, sweeping/cleaning homes/washing clothes, vessels, etc...literally non-stop work since morning and followed by "fasting" 4 PM till next day 5 or 6 AM. Of course people slept at 9 PM. Much of the world eats left over food from daytime cooking. Naturally, eating the same food second time one eats less.

I read sometime ago I read in another study that people who slept more 10 or so lost weight... made me think...it means one does not eat for 10 hours (perhaps 6 hours of that empty stomach forcing body to burn stored up cals).

I am glad our scientists - with all the technology are re-inventing what our ancestors had naturally designed a lifestyle based on experience.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:03 am

i wouldn't have a very couthie temperament if i didn't eat for sixteen hours.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down