Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the uff just happened there? (cricket)

2 posters

Go down

What the uff just happened there? (cricket) Empty What the uff just happened there? (cricket)

Post by Another Brick Tue May 31, 2011 1:17 am

i checked the match status at around 4 PM india time. you may recall that this is english summer and hence it was raining in cardiff. with only one complete innings by that time, there was no hope for the result, and i did not bother to check cricinfo again. i went home, fired up my laptop and TV and did not bother to check the score. i mean, it is england and it rains there right after the rain and just before the rain. why bother?

i woke up this morning, and started reading The Indian Express from the last page to the first (a habit i cannot change). a headline read "carnage in cardiff" and there was a picture of english players celebrating and i could see their shadows. i felt english players were rather shallow to celebrate whatever sunshine they got on day 5. but then when i looked at the scorecard, i saw SL 82 all out. wondering if SL players started their T20 league in the middle of the test match, i read the full match report. unbelievable X 10.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

What the uff just happened there? (cricket) Empty Re: What the uff just happened there? (cricket)

Post by doofus_maximus Tue May 31, 2011 7:27 am

Another Brick wrote:i checked the match status at around 4 PM india time. you may recall that this is english summer and hence it was raining in cardiff. with only one complete innings by that time, there was no hope for the result, and i did not bother to check cricinfo again. i went home, fired up my laptop and TV and did not bother to check the score. i mean, it is england and it rains there right after the rain and just before the rain. why bother?

i woke up this morning, and started reading The Indian Express from the last page to the first (a habit i cannot change). a headline read "carnage in cardiff" and there was a picture of english players celebrating and i could see their shadows. i felt english players were rather shallow to celebrate whatever sunshine they got on day 5. but then when i looked at the scorecard, i saw SL 82 all out. wondering if SL players started their T20 league in the middle of the test match, i read the full match report. unbelievable X 10.

LMAO... what a disaster.. Tremlett/Swann and Broad were outstanding. I had set it to record and watched it last night.. Jaya was out to a jaffa..the peaches that only Dravid gets (sarcasm). Others came in and went out like they didn't want to play. Only player who played well with good defensive strokes was Ajantha Mendis. SL suffers from lack of lower middle order and top order.. Wondering when and how Dilshan started opening in test cricket.

I am scared for the Indian team coming in to England next. they better bring their A game.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

What the uff just happened there? (cricket) Empty Re: What the uff just happened there? (cricket)

Post by Another Brick Tue May 31, 2011 8:22 am

good for you. i will now catch the highlights on the web.

IND vs ENG will be a cracker. i hope it does not rain.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down