Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll on Hindi speakers by South Indians

+5
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
goodcitizn
Ponniyin Selvan
b_A
Propagandhi711
9 posters

Go down

Poll on Hindi speakers by South Indians Empty Poll on Hindi speakers by South Indians

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm

I just wanted to tell my South Indian brothers and sisters and friends that it is not acceptable for them to select a term for Hindi speakers. It is Hindi speakers who have the right to select this term for themselves.
For example, UPites might want to change the name of Hyderabad to something else. Would that be acceptable to APites, in particular Hyderabadis? The answer is No.
Similarly, it is Hindi speakers who get to select the term by which they are to be referred as.

Back to top Go down

Poll on Hindi speakers by South Indians Empty Re: Poll on Hindi speakers by South Indians

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 pm

we had an all southindian hands meeting and an unanimous message was drafted after much deliberation. we drew straws on who was gonna deliver the message and yours truely happened to draw the short stick. here's the message: GO FUCK YOURSELF.

dont shoot the messenger, just hate the message

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Poll on Hindi speakers by South Indians Empty Re: Poll on Hindi speakers by South Indians

Post by b_A Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Rashmun wrote:I just wanted to tell my South Indian brothers and sisters and friends that it is not acceptable for them to select a term for Hindi speakers. It is Hindi speakers who have the right to select this term for themselves.
For example, UPites might want to change the name of Hyderabad to something else. Would that be acceptable to APites, in particular Hyderabadis? The answer is No.
Similarly, it is Hindi speakers who get to select the term by which they are to be referred as.
Yes, Of course. You can call the telugu people gultis and spew you hatred filled messages. But when it comes to you , you , have the right to select the term for Hindi speakers.
Just the exact response that we can expect from you.

And BTW , I am open to changing the name of Hyderabad to a more telugu sounding name.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:16 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:we had an all southindian hands meeting and an unanimous message was drafted after much deliberation. we drew straws on who was gonna deliver the message and yours truely happened to draw the short stick. here's the message: GO FUCK YOURSELF.

dont shoot the messenger, just hate the message

rofl

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:17 am

Rashmun wrote:I just wanted to tell my South Indian brothers and sisters and friends that it is not acceptable for them to select a term for Hindi speakers. It is Hindi speakers who have the right to select this term for themselves.

Rashmun: In another thread of yours, you STATED CATEGORICALLY that the name HINDI was given by SOUTH INDIANS.

By your own admission, the precedence has been set.

It is therefore appropriate for southern indians to choose the term, not hindi speakers. You can't have it both ways!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:12 am

You Hindians call all South Indians as "Madarasis" Did anyone ask the Southies before calling them that way? Naww....we just put up with it and some even come to like it.

So you Hindians - whether you agree or not -Just live with it.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:28 am

goodcitizn wrote:

Rashmun: In another thread of yours, you STATED CATEGORICALLY that the name HINDI was given by SOUTH INDIANS.

It is therefore appropriate for southern indians to choose the term, not hindi speakers. You can't have it both ways!
Good point, I had completely forgotten this version of the story, where Hindi itself had its namakaranam ceremony performed in the south. It happened at the maika of mother Duckini.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:54 am

I deidicate this song to Rashmun....

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

this is a brilliant point.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

I notice that Rashmun has run away from the thread he started. As he cannot respond to the points people have raised on his thread, he feels compelled to copy-paste random news articles with the names of southern Indian states in the title. I suppose those copy-pastes make him feel like he has accomplished his day's quota of kicking middle-parted heads.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:10 pm

panini press wrote:I notice that Rashmun has run away from the thread he started. As he cannot respond to the points people have raised on his thread, he feels compelled to copy-paste random news articles with the names of southern Indian states in the title. I suppose those copy-pastes make him feel like he has accomplished his day's quota of kicking middle-parted heads.

Or perhaps, he finally got the memo.
https://such.forumotion.com/t9988-poll-on-hindi-speakers-by-south-indians#76266
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down