Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That’s why I say that Indians are chu****s.

2 posters

Go down

That’s why I say that Indians are chu****s. Empty That’s why I say that Indians are chu****s.

Post by Rishi Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:36 pm

While responding to Indian intelligence sleuths who had gone to the US to interrogate him, the Pakistani-American Headley spoke of how easily he came to India without anyone at the airport counters or elsewhere noticing the glaring errors on his travel documents. He had discarded his earlier name, Daood Gilani, rechristened himself to avoid arousing suspicion, and was armed with a new passport. According to the book, he told the interrogators, “Surprisingly, there were quite a few errors in my passport and visa that nobody noticed, certainly not the Indian agencies. My father’s name was not mentioned in the passport, and the visa in the name of David Coleman Headley had the father’s name as Salim Gilani. But nobody questioned this. That’s why I say that Indians are chu****s.” Headley also told them about the contempt with which Pakistani state and non-state actors held Indian intelligence.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/columnists/edit/world-smirks-at-us-we-cry-over-celebrities.html

Rishi

Back to top Go down

That’s why I say that Indians are chu****s. Empty Re: That’s why I say that Indians are chu****s.

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:58 am

The author makes a good case about Indian intelligence failures but surely, not spotting David Headley = Daoud Gilani, son of Salim Gilani is not one of them. There was absolutely no reason for him to be on Indian intel's radar at the time - which is precisely why the LeT used him to do the recce in the first place.

That apart, why should an American citizen walking in with a passport that shows his last name being very different from his father's, raise suspicions? It's quite common for South Indians to have a last name different from their father's.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down