Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

life feels...

+11
Merlot Daruwala
Kris
Idéfix
Bittu
Impedimenta
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Nila
Seva Lamberdar
MaxEntropy_Man
southindian
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

life feels...  - Page 2 Empty Re: life feels...

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed May 08, 2013 2:29 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:we make a big deal about raising kids. specially about spending time with them. well, my parents never spent any time with me. yet, i am a survivor. or, change that. my younger siblings who suffered the same fate (if not worse) are the real survivors. the moral of the story is that as long as you provide food and shelter for your kids, your kids will raise themselves by themselves.
thank you for that info. you are living evidence that if parents neglect their children, they are likely to turn out to be cheaters, violators of privacy, and wife-beaters.
how does any of that matter as long as the fact remains that i am still surviving (or have managed to survive). that is the eternal wish of every parent!
thank you for revealing your parents' aspirations for you, and yours for your children. goats, mice, and donkeys also want their offspring to survive.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed May 08, 2013 2:45 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:thank you for revealing your parents' aspirations for you, and yours for your children. goats, mice, and donkeys also want their offspring to survive.

And how about you, Unkil? Did your parents wish you didn't survive? And do you wish ill for your offspring's survival?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed May 08, 2013 2:51 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:...like an endless hurdles race. and you can't even stop running.

Hopefully you're feeling much better now. Stay strong. This too shall pass.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed May 08, 2013 4:41 am

no big deal. your son will wear that wound like a decoration for a few weeks. if he gets a scar from that injury, he has already earned the bragging rights for his lifetime. boys like their scars.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks all for words of support and advice. Really appreciate it. Was able to move on to more serious issue at hand last night, and that was to mourn my aunt, along with my sis on phone. Both parents are really shaken by this, so gonna keep calling them until they start hanging up on me within 5-minutes into calls (yes they do it).

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 10, 2013 9:48 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Thanks all for words of support and advice. Really appreciate it. Was able to move on to more serious issue at hand last night, and that was to mourn my aunt, along with my sis on phone. Both parents are really shaken by this, so gonna keep calling them until they start hanging up on me within 5-minutes into calls (yes they do it).
** I was reading your posts today. It looks like you're overwhelmed. I have to agree with South Indian that you are someone who wastes much of her time online that could be better-spent taking care of your life. Anyone who has told you otherwise is not giving you good advice, they say things that are nice to hear but remember it is to their advantage to have you post here for their entertainment. Some people state that coming online to vent is a cathartic experience and that religion would benefit you. While the former is true and the latter I have no opinion on, I have to say that all this hand-holding and kindness on the internet is really meaningless. Things are not going to improve for you until you're more disciplined about how you spend your time. You are a mom with two growing children, I think you've had enough catharsis, you need to take care of yourself and your kids...sleep well, go to the gym, save up money for nice clothes, try to teach your kids one new thing a day. These people kinnera, max - who is supposedly smart, maria, kris, and everyone else - they're full of bullshit; South Indian is right. You need to cut down your total internet time to 40 mins a day.
** Good Luck. And I have no more to say about this.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 10, 2013 9:50 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Thanks all for words of support and advice. Really appreciate it. Was able to move on to more serious issue at hand last night, and that was to mourn my aunt, along with my sis on phone. Both parents are really shaken by this, so gonna keep calling them until they start hanging up on me within 5-minutes into calls (yes they do it).
** I was reading your posts today. It looks like you're overwhelmed. I have to agree with South Indian that you are someone who wastes much of her time online that could be better-spent taking care of your life. Anyone who has told you otherwise is not giving you good advice, they say things that are nice to hear but remember it is to their advantage to have you post here for their entertainment. Some people state that coming online to vent is a cathartic experience and that religion would benefit you. While the former is true and the latter I have no opinion on, I have to say that all this hand-holding and kindness on the internet is really meaningless. Things are not going to improve for you until you're more disciplined about how you spend your time. You are a mom with two growing children, I think you've had enough catharsis, you need to take care of yourself and your kids...sleep well, go to the gym, save up money for nice clothes, try to teach your kids one new thing a day. These people kinnera, max - who is supposedly smart, maria, kris, and everyone else - they're full of bullshit; South Indian is right. You need to cut down your total internet time to 40 mins a day.

c'mon, dont be shy. you are eminently qualified to give advise to a single mother of two that works a full time job, seeing how you're single and dont cook. give it a try and dont hold back

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri May 10, 2013 10:04 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

c'mon, dont be shy. you are eminently qualified to give advise to a single mother of two that works a full time job, seeing how you're single and dont cook. give it a try and dont hold back

ah.. the role-modelu stalkudu... PN is trying your style of sharing personal habits at home ..yeah the leather-belt beating punching in face etc., Sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

ah.. the role-modelu stalkudu... PN is trying your style of sharing personal habits and experience ..yeah the leather-belt beating punching in face etc., at home Sad

wuss, shut your frog face and go back to your inter-continental persecution complex meeting. what makes you think I have any desire to interact with your incomprehensible self?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
blame the internet for all of life's woes! i have nothing more to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 am

Use your time well, so you have time for children and things you want to do for them. Its not simple to compare times spent by others here.

Many here are not single (or single parents) and their children/tasks are taken care by their spouses while they post here.

Not everyone is in the same age age group either, so their suggestions may not apply to you.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 10:51 am

Guess I am weak that way. Can't work all day long. I do that some days and feel happy too, but I can't be consistent about it. So while most mornings, I try to
finish some chore, most other mornings, I end up curling up in my bed with my tea. And continue doing that until some parts of the house start demanding attention. Also starting to delegate some small jobs to kids now, but that itself is a chore coz god they resist so bad! It is getting harder lately coz I have been working most weekends too. Am wired to take it easy at other places when I have stress at work. Can't switch back and forth easily. You can call me lazy. Have come to terms with this fact. Not gonna claim to be a good anything. The only lesson I have learned from this is to not assume anything or judge anyone else. Coz it's hard to be perfect. And that's the reason why I have ultimate respect for hard working, focused and successful people. I know they in turn may look down upon me, but I understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 10:59 am

southindian wrote:

Use your time well, so you have time for children and things you want to do for them. Its not simple to compare times spent by others here.

Many here are not single (or single parents) and their children/tasks are taken care by their spouses while they post here.

Not everyone is in the same age age group either, so their suggestions may not apply to you.
vidya bagchi is a 12 yr. old kid who does not understand that the world is actually a bad and ugly place. good practical advice you are giving her that will help her face the challenges of life.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Guess I am weak that way. Can't work all day long. I do that some days and feel happy too, but I can't be consistent about it. So while most mornings, I try to
finish some chore, most other mornings, I end up curling up in my bed with my tea. And continue doing that until some parts of the house start demanding attention. Also starting to delegate some small jobs to kids now, but that itself is a chore coz god they resist so bad! It is getting harder lately coz I have been working most weekends too. Am wired to take it easy at other places when I have stress at work. Can't switch back and forth easily. You can call me lazy. Have come to terms with this fact. Not gonna claim to be a good anything. The only lesson I have learned from this is to not assume anything or judge anyone else. Coz it's hard to be perfect. And that's the reason why I have ultimate respect for hard working, focused and successful people. I know they in turn may look down upon me, but I understand.
** You're a working woman and you pay your taxes and I respect you for it. I think you're intelligent, hard-working, generous and friendly. I think that at the moment you're going through some difficult personal circumstances but these are not unusual in life and I feel that if you spent less time distracting yourself with online activities or television, you'd have more time to tackle your problems. I'm not going to tell you what to do, I did not mean to impose myself earlier.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
southindian wrote:

vidya bagchi is a 12 yr. old kid who does not understand that the world is actually a bad and ugly place. good practical advice you are giving her that will help her face the challenges of life.
** Saying that the 40-ish mother of possibly a 12-yr-old is herself like a 12-yr-old kid is nonsense. She works (harder than you), puts food on the table (not ganapath ram), she pays taxes, and is capable of more than you will ever be. Congratulations, you must be a northindian male.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Pravalika, this fella southindian has a history of displaying his holier-than-thou, better-than-thou attitude and has a history of putting down vids before. He tried to do the same in this thread. His advice is not of someone who is trying to help her. It's another chance for him to put her down.
Does the post suggest anywhere that Vidya has been a bad mother? After a stressful day at work, she chose to take the kiddo to the softball practice. While she usually overlooks her kid, that day she chose to work on her job related stuff sitting in her car in the parking lot. Kiddo got injured and she's overcome with guilt of not being around him when he got hurt. Is that a situation where one takes a chance to put the other down more?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 12:01 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
southindian wrote:

** Saying that the 40-ish mother of possibly a 12-yr-old is herself like a 12-yr-old kid is nonsense. She works (harder than you), puts food on the table (not ganapath ram), she pays taxes, and is capable of more than you will ever be. Congratulations, you must be a northindian male.
i was being sarcastic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2