Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck I can't flirt

+13
FluteHolder
b_A
pravalika nanda
Bittu
gone
Impedimenta
goodcitizn
Petrichor
Kris
smArtha
MaxEntropy_Man
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Merlot Daruwala
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fuck I can't flirt - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck I can't flirt

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:10 pm

are you limiting yourself to indians? maybe there are better (saner) people out there outside the indian community.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:I had set up nice and far thursday for him. But he said he can drop by the Starbucks right next door and say a quick hi. No date.

GC. You did make me feel better *sarc*. I got no inner beauty to talk about. If I did, then men 1-3 would not have dropped me the way they did.

And Oh. I just noticed my hairy arms. Anyway. On the plus side, if he doesn't get scared away today, things will only look up for me. If he gets scared away, then also good coz I can't afford to look dolled up 3-4 times a week. Too much pressure.

Just hoping he is not a shorty like the mole-on-the-nose dude. He barely reached my forehead and was so tiny he made me feel ashamed of myself. *shudder* why do men lie about their heights?
Well..well.... Dating is all about salesmanship, and relationship is all about finding the level of truth, and marriage is all about finding the hidden negatives.

How does someone 4' 10" and 302# sound?...there is no lying here.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:42 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:are you limiting yourself to indians? maybe there are better (saner) people out there outside the indian community.
I m in this for the story, then I am out. I don't think I can date a 31-year-old. I will keep feeling like his mom.

I did talk to a gora boxer-comedian for 1-2 weeks, then he disappeared. he was in the weirdo bucket too. Kept twisting e'thing i said.

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:49 pm

What is wrong with Starbucks just next door? That counts as a date. It's a good start. The guy is nice enough to come to where you are to see you. If he likes what he sees and you like what he sees, you could talk for a bit over coffee and see if you communicate well with each other.

Men in their forties have kids, busy careers, child support, alimony. The threat of layoffs, competition in business. They're not going to take a stranger out for dinner, drop $100 on her dinner, and spend two hours talking to someone they're not even sure they would want to see again.

If I were you, I would go for Starbucks on Thursday. Look good! Divorced men are realistic and they know you won't look like that everyday, but they'll appreciate the effort you made to look good. I would keep the conversation short and sweet. Like ask how his day was, laugh at his jokes, compliment him genuinely about something. Men don't like women with verbal diarhea who need to go off on a tangent forever about every irrelevant little detail.

Have fun!

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:53 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:to become newly single at 40+ sounds scary. i don't think i could survive it.
Explain yourself so we know what you mean. Exactly why is it scary? What can't you survive?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Oops! If you like what you see. If the first date goes well, he will do the whole dinner and drinks. Do the coffee date and make sure you look drop dead gorgeous when you show up. The divorced guy is probably looking for someone compatible more than anything else, but making the package pretty never hurts.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:55 pm

he is a BIG turn off... asking me to sing for him so that he doesn't sleep in the train *ugh*...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:he is a BIG turn off... asking me to sing for him so that he doesn't sleep in the train *ugh*...
This is very cute. What song did you sing for him?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Bittu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:he is a BIG turn off... asking me to sing for him so that he doesn't sleep in the train *ugh*...
This is very cute. What song did you sing for him?
I said I am the world's worst singer. All this is over ym. We haven't talked yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Weird. What kind of guy asks a stranger to sing for him? Who feels sleepy at 5 p.m. Why are you even accessible to him all day on Yahoo Messenger? You need to make a man miss you by being a bit unavailable.

I would just tell this freak to get a canary and delete all his contact info. Crazy!

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Yeah, definitely do NOT meet this creep.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:26 pm

ya good idea... will make an excuse for today, and block him on ym from tonight. Wanted to know what kinda proof he had against his wife, rather, what snooping the other guy's wife did on him, but oh well...

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:36 pm

I wouldn't get too hung up on the cheating bit. I'm not condoning cheating on a spouse at all, however most marriages have broken down horribly before one spouse or both resort to cheating. 99% of the time, the guy isn't a player who is looking for a fling. Usually, there is little or no respect, communication, or sex in the marriage, and at that point, the guy will typically end up having an affair with a friend or colleague that he has known platonically for years. Never a good idea to have an affair, but most men and women do it only after their marriage has broken down and there is no respect, love, or sex/romance left.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:38 pm

The bit about asking you to sing for him was a bit too much though. He doesn't even know who you are. Seriously, such a dork.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:39 pm

mainstreet wrote:I wouldn't get too hung up on the cheating bit.  I'm not condoning cheating on a spouse at all, however most marriages have broken down horribly before one spouse or both resort to cheating.  99% of the time, the guy isn't a player who is looking for a fling.  Usually, there is little or no respect, communication, or sex in the marriage, and at that point, the guy will typically end up having an affair with a friend or colleague that he has known platonically for years.  Never a good idea to have an affair, but most men and women do it only after their marriage has broken down and there is no respect, love, or sex/romance left.
don't care why they cheated. wanted to know *how* they were caught.

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:47 pm

A woman's instinct. A man doesn't even have to get caught. If DH were cheating, I would just know it in my gut. No proof required.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:49 pm

mainstreet wrote:A woman's instinct.  A man doesn't even have to get caught.  If DH were cheating, I would just know it in my gut.  No proof required.
the instinct is not enough to generate proofs... anyway, i guess i should let it go.

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Oh please! They're not poor at all. Like DH says, they have the money to buy luxury cars, smartphones, iPads, weed, alcohol, cigarettes, expensive sneakers, designer bags...all of this without working a day in their life. They just don't have the money to buy condoms.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
don't care why they cheated. wanted to know *how* they were caught.
You're using your online dating profile to satiate your incessant craving for ZeeTV soap masala. :clap: 

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Wait! This guy is 31?????? He said he wants to bathe and undress you????? Wow!!!! I just read this whole thread right now (multi-tasking in the kitchen before now, so vaguely following the story until now).

This guy is just plain immature for saying he wants to bathe and undress you. How totally creepy!

I thought you just turned 40. Didn't you say that you have kids? How do you raise two kids, commute, work, spend all your time on here, and manage to YM these creeps all day? I mean seriously.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:23 pm

mainstreet wrote:Wait!  This guy is 31??????  He said he wants to bathe and undress you?????   
Besides, he doesn't seem to know the natural order of such everyday acts too :-)

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:33 pm

He wanted to Dress me. Not undress. And he started that coz I had said I don't feel like getting ready to go to work. Monday blues, etc.

Anyway, when I first agreed to meet him I didn't know the full creep quotient. I thought ok will get to chat a little bit.

Last edited by Vidya Bagchi on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:35 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
kinnera wrote:The images are gone.

Yeah, pull the plug. You deserve better.
my original game is back on... will bore him away. All I need to do is to start yapping.
never yap. let him do all the talking and tell you how stupid and full of himself he is. i'm not able to see the content of your images but it doesn't matter.

I don't think you should feel pressured to make yourself desirable or work to build some chemistry initially. these are people off the street who're looking for mates. you're going to pluck one of them and allow them into your family, you have to have very high standards and a rigorous method to analyze them. Be neat, be confident, exchange a few emails to make sure he knows how to write well, responds to emails in a timely manner, then talk to him to make sure he can be spontaneous, has a nice voice and a nice accent, and then meet in person. you have to meet in person a few times before you decide that you like him and then do actual dating things.

Flirting is not part of any of this until you actually begin dating by which time you're actually sure that you're with a nice guy with clean fingernails, nice teeth, good posture and an athletic gait.

wrt to height, always deduct 4 inches for a man. almost all men under 6 feet add 4" to their height.

Anyhow, especially since you are a mother to growing children, you really need to be careful what kind of person you bring home or even have coffee with. At this point, there is no work for you to do other show up to have a cup of coffee looking clean and neat. If he already has said stupid things, just cancel the date. A lot of people don't have decency or common sense. You can do better things with your time. I think most of us come from good families here and you have to remember that you deserve nothing but the best. Never settle for anything less than that because it is important to be happy and truly loved.

Frankly though, all this is making me want to go to the starbucks to have a chai tea latte cuz I gotta be awake all night packing stuff. I better get started on it.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:38 pm

No one is coming into my house, ever. No one is meeting my kids ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:51 pm

It's so completely inappropriate of him to speak with you like that. I would have ended the conversation right there and told him to get a life. The guy's a loser.

Glad I'm not in the dating game, and I hope I die before DH because I don't want to be weeding through these duds to find someone nice in my sixties, seventies, or eighties.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:53 pm

mainstreet wrote: It's so completely inappropriate of him to speak with you like that.   I would have ended the conversation right there and told him to get a life.  The guy's a loser.  

Glad I'm not in the dating game, and I hope I die before DH because I don't want to be weeding through these duds to find someone nice in my sixties, seventies, or eighties.
one has the choice of remaining single too.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Kris wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Need a 101 in it.

*now*
>>>Talk about your caste, GRE scores, grad school GPA, your school's ranking. This sort of self-identification is sure to endear you to the hearts of classy gents.

(but to wax serious for a moment, be yourself)
well actually I've spoken to a lot of these engineering/banking/venture cap types from very good families and they do want to know your caste, sub-caste, gotram, medical records, etc. some guys offered to mail me their cfa scores, usmle scores; a Bengali mom asked to see my CV. there's also a word to describe if something's wrong with your horoscope - it escapes me just now; they want to know about that. and I think I mentioned the tam-b dad who wanted hire a private investigator to find out if my hymen was intact or not - just ask me and i'll tell you, right? so yes, the guys you speak to initially may be okay but then these grown men will send their parents to find out the rest of the details. the only reason I can laugh it off and have a good time with it is cuz I only do this to please my mom.

you know, men who're online aren't looking for love, they're looking for compatibility and a warm body and a younger woman who will be their caretaker in their old age. this is why they list their caste, subcaste, salary etc.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
mainstreet wrote: It's so completely inappropriate of him to speak with you like that.   I would have ended the conversation right there and told him to get a life.  The guy's a loser.  

I like being single, but my rent is 1700 for a studio and my sister lives in a different state with her husband and their rent is 1800 and they each pay 900. and he fixes things around the house.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:06 pm

mainstreet wrote:
if i find myself single at that age, i don't think i'll have the motivation to get myself hitched again. why bother! i'll just use my time (assuming i am of good health) to travel, explore learning music, and maybe hang out at jazz clubs and carnatic music concert halls.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:09 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

I like being single, but my rent is 1700 for a studio and my sister lives in a different state with her husband and their rent is 1800 and they each pay 900. and he fixes things around the house.
Yup, that's an excellent reason. Only, you shouldn't then complain that men only look for a warm young body and future caregiver.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:15 pm

He listed himself 6' (i think), but he is barely 5'5" - 5'6", exactly my height. I have seen 2" lies but this is too much. What is the harm is stating the right height? And he looks such a gujju pappu bhai, can't believe he flirts dirty like this. He thought I looked very tired. We both made excuse for Thursday that it might not happen coz of whatever reasons, and got out after 20 minutes.

But I got my story. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Yup, that's an excellent reason. Only, you shouldn't then complain that men only look for a warm young body and future caregiver.
if you're going to hire a driver cuz you can't handle Mumbai traffic yourself, the least you can do sitting in the backseat at 6am is respond to work-mail not such.

anyhow, women have the thing and bear children, so it doesn't hurt for men to fix things around the house.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:22 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
mainstreet wrote:
if i find myself single at that age, i don't think i'll have the motivation to get myself hitched again. why bother! i'll just use my time (assuming i am of good health) to travel, explore learning music, and maybe hang out at jazz clubs and carnatic music concert halls.
I think the data shows that divorcees tend to be unhappy if they're not married, these are people who like being married. if you've been single all your life, you won't feel so lonely. that's why vidya is seriously looking into finding a mate.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:24 pm

pravalika nanda wrote: has a nice voice and a nice accent, and then meet in person. you have to meet in person a few times before you decide that you like him and then do actual dating things.

a nice guy with clean fingernails, nice teeth, good posture and an athletic gait.
What in your book is a nice accent?

How do you describe an athletic gait?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Because it's nice to have a companion in your sixties, seventies, or eighties. Especially if you fall and break a hip, or get pneumonia, or need help remembering what your social security number is, or where you parked your car. There is just so much kids can do for you. They're busy with their own careers and kids, and the only one who is really there growing old with you is your spouse.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:31 pm

True! Once you've experienced a good marriage (not perfect but good overall), it becomes difficult to leave or be divorced. Besides, it can't be easy to raise a family without a spouse.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:32 pm

mainstreet wrote:  Especially if you fall and break a hip, or get pneumonia, or need help remembering what your social security number is, or where you parked your car.
if i get to that point, there is absolutely no reason for me to continue living. i'll move to oregon and request to be let go.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Okay, good luck convincing your wife and kids about your euthanasia plans. In fact, you might even forget Oregon is a state before you forget your SSN.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:46 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Kris wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Need a 101 in it.

*now*
>>>Talk about your caste, GRE scores, grad school GPA, your school's ranking. This sort of self-identification is sure to endear you to the hearts of classy gents.

(but to wax serious for a moment, be yourself)
you know, men who're online aren't looking for love, they're looking for compatibility and a warm body and a younger woman who will be their caretaker in their old age. this is why they list their caste, subcaste, salary etc.
What caste are you ?

I am old and looking for a young woman who can take care of me...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:03 pm

mainstreet wrote:Okay, good luck convincing your wife and kids about your euthanasia plans. In fact, you might even forget Oregon is a state before you forget your SSN.
Do you and PN have comprehension issues ?
Max talks about hypothetical single status in old age and you talk about convincing his wife.
And PN keeps mixing up Max's hypothetical situation with VB's current status.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:38 pm

My posting of videos might go waste esp Sadguru's, but still couldnot stop posting:)

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:52 pm

mainstreet wrote:
I thought you just turned 40.  Didn't you say that you have kids?  How do you raise two kids, commute, work, spend all your time on here, and manage to YM these creeps all day?  I mean seriously.
actually today was one of those days when i could post so much coz things at work were very distracting. Constant calls and meetings and interruptions. Just could not sit down and focus on one task at a time. Just finished many many small bursts of tasks through the day. One email here every 10-15 minutes, one phone call there again every 15-20 minutes, talk to business, talk to team, open a request, close out this issue, update that document, review this dev's code, or fix that dev's code. In between whatever 5-10 minutes i got everytime, i posted. On days when i am dug deep in one single issue, which will likely be t'row, i might end up staying out of online shenanigans all day. but let's see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:44 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

is this the reason you like horse back riding?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

What are you implying?...Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:23 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

sanitary,
women can be brutal. Actually some of them are cruel than any male poster.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:38 pm

[quote="truthbetold"][quote="Marathadi-Saamiyaar"][quote="Impedimenta"][quote="pravalika nanda"][quote="MaxEntropy_Man"][quote="mainstreet"] It's so completely inappropriate of him to speak with you like that.   I would have ended the conversation right there and told him to get a life.  The guy's a loser.  

Glad I'm not in the dating game, and I hope I die before DH because I don't want to be weeding through these duds to find someone nice in my sixties, seventies, or eighties.[/quote]one has the choice of remaining single too.[/quote]I like being single, but my rent is 1700 for a studio and my sister lives in a different state with her husband and their rent is 1800 and they each pay 900. and he fixes things around the house.[/quote]is this the reason you like horse back riding?[/quote]What are you implying?...Wink[/quote]sanitary,
women can be brutal. Actually some of them are cruel than any male poster.[/quote]TBT,

SOme of the women on this forum are jealous of Pravalika Nanda. They cannot match her gumption.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:43 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:one has the choice of remaining single too.
sanitary,
haha, yes, it is funny. boys, let's not attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Yeah. I have deleted the convo. But I could last only one hour of flirting. There is only so much sweetheart and honey an aunty can handle.

IMO guys who start flirting too soon are looking for a fling. Guys who are going for a serious one won't start flirting so soon. So it is upto the woman how much to respond, depending on what she is looking for.
>>>>Someone called you 'sweetheart' /'honey' in a pre-date scenario..Scary! Get out when you can. Absolutely no excuse, no exceptions (ok, blue haired grandmas waiting on you at a diner maybe..as in  "want a biscuit to go with that, hon?")

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:56 pm

Kris wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Yeah. I have deleted the convo. But I could last only one hour of flirting. There is only so much sweetheart and honey an aunty can handle.

IMO guys who start flirting too soon are looking for a fling. Guys who are going for a serious one won't start flirting so soon. So it is upto the woman how much to respond, depending on what she is looking for.
>>>>Someone called you 'sweetheart' /'honey' in a pre-date scenario..Scary! Get out when you can. Absolutely no excuse, no exceptions (ok, blue haired grandmas waiting on you at a diner maybe..as in  "want a biscuit to go with that, hon?")
ya ok ok ok, i am getting out of this. blocked on ym. *brutal* he is just a kid, no? He wore shorts exactly the same pattern as my son's.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:08 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:one has the choice of remaining single too.
sanitary,
hahaha @ sanitary, auto correct did spendid job in this case

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next