Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No stamina left after three hours...

3 posters

Go down

No stamina left after three hours... Empty No stamina left after three hours...

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:13 pm

... of walking around in the mall. I'm all too glad to crash on the couch by starbucks, sip my chai, and let her go away with my cash and credit card. Maybe will get the enthu and energy after this little break.

*Sigh*

Back to top Go down

No stamina left after three hours... Empty Re: No stamina left after three hours...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Hm...thought you were referring to something else.....like non-stop aerobic exercise.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

No stamina left after three hours... Empty Re: No stamina left after three hours...

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Not sure what is more tiring. The walking, or listening to constant chatter, or or the sheer process of decision making and then leave the place WITHOUT buying anything. By god if I could I would let her do ALL her shopping by herself. Maybe a matter of 1-2 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:55 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Not sure what is more tiring. The walking, or listening to constant chatter, or or the sheer process of decision making and then leave the place WITHOUT buying anything. By god if I could I would let her do ALL her shopping by herself. Maybe a matter of 1-2 years.

I am sure you understand how the husbands feel when they (are forced to) go shopping with their wives...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:55 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Not sure what is more tiring. The walking, or listening to constant chatter, or or the sheer process of decision making and then leave the place WITHOUT buying anything. By god if I could I would let her do ALL her shopping by herself. Maybe a matter of 1-2 years.

I am sure you understand how the husbands feel when they (are forced to) go shopping with their wives...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:13 am

Smile

She then took me to Sephora. I sat outside on a couch, oddly with another teen who was apparently accompanying HER shopaholic mom. But daughter called me for something, and I was sucked in too. Spent about one hour there browsing products, smelling perfumes (and getting headaches as I am so allergic to them). Bought some stuff, unknowingly picked up a TWENTY FIVE dollar eye liner, was so wtf'ed when I checked the receipt later.

Got out at 8:30, and then ate at Panera Bread. Not a bad evening overall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:24 am

How does it feel not to go to work? I am assuming you quit your job, Trace?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:34 am

Priya wrote:How does it feel not to go to work? I am assuming you quit your job, Trace?

no i didn't. am not that daring after all. i did have an open talk with the authorities. Was given an indication that my quality of life will be made a bit better...as long as that is happening, i can put such drastic decisions on hold I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:06 am

Good for you Trace, hope things work out. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:34 am

Priya wrote:Good for you Trace, hope things work out. Good luck.

thanks Krips!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:no i didn't. am not that daring after all. i did have an open talk with the authorities. Was given an indication that my quality of life will be made a bit better...as long as that is happening, i can put such drastic decisions on hold I guess.

that's good news! it's always better to get paid for doing no work. i think you made the right decision. i hope they improve the quality of your work life.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Priya wrote:How does it feel not to go to work? I am assuming you quit your job, Trace?

no i didn't. am not that daring after all. i did have an open talk with the authorities. Was given an indication that my quality of life will be made a bit better...as long as that is happening, i can put such drastic decisions on hold I guess.

good for you Trace ! and i do believe in we are not and need not be what we do - at work.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:21 pm

garam_kuta wrote:good for you Trace ! and i do believe in we are not and need not be what we do - at work.

scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:32 pm

he is asking me not to take my work too seriously and that we should not necessarily try to define ourselves by the work we do. IOW, treat a job just like a job, and not get emotional like I was getting.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:he is asking me not to take my work too seriously and that we should not necessarily try to define ourselves by the work we do. IOW, treat a job just like a job, and not get emotional like I was getting.
We have a breakthrough... we have a Kokkee Translator! Congrats everyone.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:43 pm

lol!

congrats sonia! garibi hatao! monomaniacs die!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down