Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is Islam blamed for terrorism?

+6
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
southindian
Propagandhi711
Kris
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why is Islam blamed for terrorism? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is Islam blamed for terrorism?

Post by truthbetold Fri May 02, 2014 7:50 pm

As I expected Rashmun could not answer the basic question.  So he brings in Buddists, hindus, christians etc.  The simple question in the last 20 years who is responsible for terrorism in the world?  Open more threads about every religion on earth and list their historical atrocities.  But they were all in the past. It is not killing a swati who is travelling in train or 200 young girls were not kidnapped today because of those atrocities. 

All religions have a history problems. When a particular crime against humanity , why bring in the examples of other religions atrocities? Do they justify Islam's terrorism?  Does hitler's murder of jews justify Osama bin laden's killing of 3000 people in new york? Does hindu atrocities against harijans justify car bombing other sect people in Iraq? 

Go back to my original post. Today's world citizen finds himself threatened by terrorist who swear by Islam. Islamic clerics support various strains of these terrorist organizations. Islamic masses provide sympathetic support to terrorists.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Why is Islam blamed for terrorism? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is Islam blamed for terrorism?

Post by Idéfix Sat May 03, 2014 12:04 am

confuzzled dude wrote:then is it fair to crucify the entire religion because a few nutcases have hard time deciphering/ignoring inconsequential text in the book.
We are not crucifying the entire religion. There is a difference between the religion and the holy book on the one hand, and the vast majority of its adherents on the other. I think the religion and the holy book can certainly be blamed for terrorism because of what is in that book. I don't think ordinary law-abiding Muslims can be blamed for the actions of those who perpetrate terrorist acts in the name of their religion. Denying the role of the Quran in sanctioning violence against nonbelievers is disingenuous.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat May 03, 2014 5:52 am

Cd

I do not know what any of these say or mean. Like billions of world citizens,  I am just trying live my life.  Me and rest of the world is constantly interrupted by the actions of these islamic groups. The world did not name them nor did it bring up the koran as reason. It is the islamic terrorists that constantly harp on islam's teachings and what their book taught. 

If Islamic terrorists stop killing innocent people and let people go about their life, most of them would not even want to mention islam and many of them would die blissfully without being aware of koran. 

If you were a sympathizer of islam, you should take up the problem with these islamic terrorists and negotiate with them to change their tactics and not preach the rest of the world what to think.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 03, 2014 9:15 am

Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:then is it fair to crucify the entire religion because a few nutcases have hard time deciphering/ignoring inconsequential text in the book.
We are not crucifying the entire religion. There is a difference between the religion and the holy book on the one hand, and the vast majority of its adherents on the other. I think the religion and the holy book can certainly be blamed for terrorism because of what is in that book. I don't think ordinary law-abiding Muslims can be blamed for the actions of those who perpetrate terrorist acts in the name of their religion. Denying the role of the Quran in sanctioning violence against nonbelievers is disingenuous.

There are numerous websites that prove how Koran encourages killing of non-believers. And of course, all muslims deny that. Kran also orders that no muslim will talk ill of another muslim - just bcz he is a believer. All muslims believe in that.

So that makes all muslims accomplices of the jehadists who refer to koran and their defense of the Koran. There is no moderate, sensible and jehadi or apologetic muslim - they are all one and the same.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 03, 2014 9:27 am

truthbetold wrote:Cd

I do not know what any of these say or mean. Like billions of world citizens,  I am just trying live my life.  Me and rest of the world is constantly interrupted by the actions of these islamic groups. The world did not name them nor did it bring up the koran as reason. It is the islamic terrorists that constantly harp on islam's teachings and what their book taught. 

If Islamic terrorists stop killing innocent people and let people go about their life, most of them would not even want to mention islam and many of them would die blissfully without being aware of koran. 

If you were a sympathizer of islam,
How did you deduce that? If only a minuscule of adherents of Islam are indulging in terrorist activities based on the hatred preached in the book then I see your argument as a flawed one. One doesn't have to be a sympathizer of Islam to point that out.
truthbetold wrote:
you should take up the problem with these islamic terrorists and negotiate with them to change their tactics and not preach the rest of the world what to think.
I think the folks that come up with bombastic statements like "people associated with Islam seem very dangerous based on the data" should take the initiative. I'm not the one complaining that is the sole reason.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 03, 2014 9:49 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

There are numerous websites that prove how Koran encourages killing of non-believers. And of course, all muslims deny that. Kran also orders that no muslim will talk ill of another muslim - just bcz he is a believer. All muslims believe in that.

So that makes all muslims accomplices of the jehadists who refer to koran and their defense of the Koran. There is no moderate, sensible and jehadi or apologetic muslim - they are all one and the same.
Bhesh bhesh.. Kombeltely agreed. One the one hand, our SuCH Hindu scholars find excuses for the caste system practiced by majority of Hindu population by suggesting caste was not mentioned in Vedas etc. OTOH, we're ready to castigate every single person of a certain faith though he might be as concerned & scared of terrorist acts as the other person.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 03, 2014 10:16 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Bhesh bhesh.. Kombeltely agreed. One the one hand, our SuCH Hindu scholars find excuses for the caste system practiced by majority of Hindu population by suggesting caste was not mentioned in Vedas etc. OTOH, we're ready to castigate every single person of a certain faith though he might be as concerned & scared of terrorist acts as the other person.

yes... But there is no such person in iSlam bcz as no muslim is condemning whenever the jehadists kill/bomb innocents screaming Allah-O-Akbar and claim it was all in the name of Koran and iSlam.

Still better, how many muslims have prosecuted jehadis for killing Kafirs, infidels and innocents? Tell..tell...or ask any apologists to tell.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 03, 2014 10:52 am

Kinnera wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYYBlPWYb7Y
You basically proved Rashmun's point that Muslim kings were much more secular than their contemporary Hindu kings.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat May 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Idéfix wrote:

All these are false statements.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 04, 2014 10:07 am

Idéfix wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

All these are false statements.

There is no such thing as complete truth or lie in political statements.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2