Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

solar lamps in yard

5 posters

Go down

solar lamps in yard Empty solar lamps in yard

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:28 am

Installed a few solar lamps in yard near some plants. they work well. led lights and small visible area. no work after you install.
is anyone using solar power?
i have a feeling we will see lot more solar poweer instruments in the next 5 to 10 years.
what are your observations?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

solar lamps in yard Empty Re: solar lamps in yard

Post by Guest Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:34 am

we have a few small ones lighting up the path leading up to the front door. I found them to be working but pretty flimsy.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Flimsy. yes unless you want a large collector.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:36 pm

They don't illuminate much, except may be they let you spot a snake if it slithers close to the lights.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:12 pm

indophile wrote:They don't illuminate much, except may be they let you spot a snake if it slithers close to the lights.

With LED lights, they have become much better in just the last 2 years. I have replaced them. The Chinese have really improved the design. With about 3 or 4 lights placed "strategically" can light up the foot path to your main door quite effectively - for about 6 hours after sunset.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
indophile wrote:They don't illuminate much, except may be they let you spot a snake if it slithers close to the lights.

With LED lights, they have become much better in just the last 2 years. I have replaced them. The Chinese have really improved the design. With about 3 or 4 lights placed "strategically" can light up the foot path to your main door quite effectively - for about 6 hours after sunset.
>>>Any brand names and where are you getting them? The ones I have are pretty weak. I have a fountain in the side yard and a decent size backyard, which I really would like to light up.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:45 pm

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_pollution
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_pollution

Yes...this is what I think of it when I see huge parking lot after lot and car dealerships glowing in all their glory all night long for no one in particular.

The only reason the lights are on is perhaps due to the potential fear of a lawsuit by some drunk or drug addict tripping in a parking lot while crossing it in the dark.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>Any brand names and where are you getting them? The ones I have are pretty weak. I have a fountain in the side yard and a decent size backyard, which I really would like to light up.
kris
Home depot. Brand name. malibu. worked well. eco light is another name. 17dollars per lamp and if you buy a pack, it is less expensive.
i look at these lights as steps to a wider use of solar power. try them.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:42 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Kris wrote:

kris
Home depot. Brand name. malibu. worked well. eco light is another name. 17dollars per lamp and if you buy a pack, it is less expensive.
i look at these lights as steps to a wider use of solar power. try them.

>>>Thanks. I need to pick up other stuff there anyway.  The price seems reasonable. I have solar on my home.. came with the house.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down