Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd test - any chance?

+4
swapna
confuzzled dude
nevada
truthbetold
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

3rd test - any chance? - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd test - any chance?

Post by nevada Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:06 pm

Nice! Kohli 100

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:09 pm

nevada wrote:Rahane scores briskly and makes it look effortless. Very classy batsman.
Not putting them up on a pedestal prematurely, helps too.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:09 pm

Good going India.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:16 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
nevada wrote:Rahane scores briskly and makes it look effortless. Very classy batsman.
Not putting them up on a pedestal prematurely, helps too.
I will negate that by bashing him prematurely Very Happy

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:18 pm

Could you guys suggest a decent live streaming? TIA.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:21 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Could you guys suggest a decent live streaming? TIA.

GC, try this - http://live.extracover.pw/

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:22 pm

Rahane and Kohli gave the aussies their medicine back.  Good aggressive batting and excellent running between wickets.  One of the best sessions of cricket by Indian batsmen in a long time. 

India can think different options now.  A lead is a distinct possibility.  Let us hope this good showing continues beyond this partnership.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:25 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rahane and Kohli gave the aussies their medicine back.  Good aggressive batting and excellent running between wickets.  One of the best sessions of cricket by Indian batsmen in a long time. 

India can think different options now.  A lead is a distinct possibility.  Let us hope this good showing continues beyond this partnership.
Slim possibility, if that. If one of them goes then it will cause a collapse.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:28 pm

nevada wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Could you guys suggest a decent live streaming? TIA.

GC, try this - http://live.extracover.pw/
Thanks, Nevada.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:49 pm

3 short balls in a row, 3 fours off of Johnson. 15 runs of that over. Good going Kohli.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:51 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:3 short balls in a row, 3 fours off of Johnson. 15 runs of that over. Good going Kohli.

That was fun to watch! Hope this partnership goes on for another 100 atleast.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Haha Rahane, treated Johnson like a club bowler. 27 of last 2 overs bowled by Johnson.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:00 am

Glad he could pull it off, but seemed a bit risky to me.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:03 am

WOW, fabulous drives by both Kohli and Rahane, thrashing Johnson! Love it.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:33 am

That was a bit disappointing I was hoping they will go on for a while. Meanwhile, Newbie Rahul off the mark right away.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:43 am

confuzzled dude wrote:That was a bit disappointing I was hoping they will go on for a while. Meanwhile, Newbie Rahul off the mark right away.
Yeah, off the mark right away and off the field right away too.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:47 am

That was a horrible debut innings. Aussies still in firm control of this match.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:51 am

nevada wrote:That was a horrible debut innings. Aussies still in firm control of this match.
I think Ashwin should bat ahead of Dhoni, he looks uncomfortable facing hazlewood.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:12 am

Dhoni out. Looks like the game plan for India was to lose all the wickets by end of the day. all got out playing poor shots.

Last edited by confuzzled dude on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:20 am

nevada wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Rahane and Kohli gave the aussies their medicine back.  Good aggressive batting and excellent running between wickets.  One of the best sessions of cricket by Indian batsmen in a long time. 

Slim possibility, if that. If one of them goes then it will cause a collapse.

Yup - just as expected. Painful to watch but so predictable.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:54 am

Damn, Kohli gone in the last over of the day. Could have come back fresh tomorrow and tried for 200+

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:35 am

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/30616051

Kohli also fought back with words yesterday. MJ hit him with a throw. It stared a verbal duel between them.

Can someone explain lokesh rahul's shots yesterday?  He was there for couple of balls and he attempts to play cross bat shot and was almost caught. He repeats the shot on the very next ball and gets caught. He is supposed to be a patient batsman with good technique and temperament. Is it debutant nerves or is it utter  stupidity?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:56 am

truthbetold wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/30616051

Kohli also fought back with words yesterday. MJ hit him with a throw. It stared a verbal duel between them.

Can someone explain lokesh rahul's shots yesterday?  He was there for couple of balls and he attempts to play cross bat shot and was almost caught. He repeats the shot on the very next ball and gets caught. He is supposed to be a patient batsman with good technique and temperament. Is it debutant nerves or is it utter  stupidity?
I think it was debutant nerves. Looks like he was hell bent on sending one out of the park. One good stroke would've helped him settle down but it never came his way. I hear he opens for his state team.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:08 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

I think it was debutant nerves. Looks like he was hell bent on sending one out of the park. One good stroke would've helped him settle down but it never came his way. I hear he opens for his state team.
He probably tried to break Lyon's stranglehold by attacking him but failed in execution. He still has one more innings left in the match to make up for this failure but coming in at #6, he will have limited opportunity to do so.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Shot of the day - Bruce Lee shot by Dhoni
3rd test - any chance? - Page 2 B57FE9MCMAAXEEr

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:13 pm

nevada wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

He probably tried to break Lyon's stranglehold by attacking him but failed in execution. He still has one more innings left in the match to make up for this failure but coming in at #6, he will have limited opportunity to do so.
What puzzles me is that he watched lyons bowl in 2 full tests. Lyons spins the ball a lot and it is difficult to smack him around. Rahul got all the time in the world to get settled , get his eye in and all that good stuff.  It is not the shot, it is the temperament that disappointed me. 

I think lokesh will get a good chance in second innings.  Aussies with 60plus lead will declare with a 350 target before 4th day is over.  With only one or two of the top order clicking, rahul will get atleast 30 plus overs to prove himself (if not more).

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:41 pm

truthbetold wrote:
nevada wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

What puzzles me is that he watched lyons bowl in 2 full tests. Lyons spins the ball a lot and it is difficult to smack him around. Rahul got all the time in the world to get settled , get his eye in and all that good stuff.  It is not the shot, it is the temperament that disappointed me. 

I think lokesh will get a good chance in second innings.  Aussies with 60plus lead will declare with a 350 target before 4th day is over.  With only one or two of the top order clicking, rahul will get atleast 30 plus overs to prove himself (if not more).

I think they should send him as an opener in the 2nd innings. At 6 he will flop anyway, so might as well give him an opportunity to do better as opener. Dhawan can be moved down to #6 as he is a walking wicket as opener.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:07 pm

nevada wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
nevada wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I think they should send him as an opener in the 2nd innings. At 6 he will flop anyway, so might as well give him an opportunity to do better as opener. Dhawan can be moved down to #6 as he is a walking wicket as opener.
Dravid seems to think highly of his namesake so the kid does have talent. My only criticism is that he tried the same lofty shot again after he was dropped in the previous ball off Lyon. It was terrible to see the team collapse after Rahane got out. Dhoni looked the worst, totally out of form. Unless something weird happens, this test is headed towards a draw. Had it not been for so many dropped catches the score would have been a lot worse.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:27 pm

Speaking of poor shot selection, check out this gem. The big hitting Glen Maxwell steps aside and then does a well left to get clean bowled! Even the commentators were left stumped by this non shot.

3rd test - any chance? - Page 2 Gjonwb

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Money?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:15 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Dravid seems to think highly of his namesake so the kid does have talent. My only criticism is that he tried the same lofty shot again after he was dropped in the previous ball off Lyon. It was terrible to see the team collapse after Rahane got out. Dhoni looked the worst, totally out of form. Unless something weird happens, this test is headed towards a draw. Had it not been for so many dropped catches the score would have been a lot worse.
I think our game plan sucked, after tea it looked as if they wanted to score 10 runs per over, that's probably what contributed to Rahul's poor battig display, not sure why they were in such a rush.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:20 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
I think our game plan sucked, after tea it looked as if they wanted to score 10 runs per over, that's probably what contributed to Rahul's poor battig display, not sure why they were in such a rush.
May be it is more a case of lack of game plan.  Rain may have negated Aussies chance to force a win. Barring not so uncommon Indian batting collapse,  this test is heading for a draw.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:45 pm

This is funny (from cricinfo commentary):
-----------------------------------------------

Don: "@Vijay - Greatest jinx I'v ever seen, someone give this man a medal please."
Yadav to Smith, OUT, would you believe that! A catch at leg slip. This was a poor delivery, it was going down the leg side and Smith looks to flick it fine to the boundary again, but Rahane is standing really fine at the position and dives to his right to intercept that beautifully. There you go.. Leg-slip. Where's Vijay?
SPD Smith c Rahane b Yadav 14 (47m 27b 2x4 0x6) SR: 51.85
Yadav to Rogers, 1 run, and he bowls short of length on the pads, the batsman clips it to fine leg
Two slips and two gullies for Rogers
Yadav to Smith, 1 run, back of length delivery on the stumps, the batsman tucks it away to square leg for a single
End of over 33 (2 runs) Australia 129/2

SPD Smith 13 (25b 2x4 0x6)
CJL Rogers 54 (101b 6x4 0x6)
Mohammed Shami 11-1-48-0
UT Yadav 5-0-42-0
Vijay: "Why has leg slip been MSD's favorite field placement over the years ? Hardly seen any catch which went down there." --- No idea, Vijay. I remember Graeme Smith flicking one last year, but Kohli dropped the catch.
Mohammed Shami to Smith, 1 run, he walks across and flicks this leg sid-ish delivery down to deep backward square leg

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:36 am

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
May be it is more a case of lack of game plan.  Rain may have negated Aussies chance to force a win. Barring not so uncommon Indian batting collapse,  this test is heading for a draw.
174 for 4 at tea. With rain in the forecast for tomorrow, looks like it will be a draw.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:13 am

cricket and indian cinema - these two passions keep a lot of wastrels in india happy and dreaming and away from criminal activities. good for india.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:18 am

Chance?

They scored 530 and we scored less.

Chance?

It has a draw written all over it.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:53 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:Chance?

They scored 530 and we scored less.

Chance?

It has a draw written all over it.

I am not too sure about a draw. The Aussies could bat till lunch and still bowl out this collapse prone Indian team. Lyon can cause lot of damage on a 5th day pitch. And Johnson must be fuming with rage after the first innings debacle.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:01 pm

aussie tail wags again.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:09 pm

They'll declare once Marsh scores a hundred or loses his wicket. Our guys still have to bat through for a draw.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:13 pm

What are Aussies waiting for, are they scared of Indians?

groundsmen got good workout thus far with putting & removing covers 3 times already.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Should they(Indians) have let Marsh score century?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Dhawan completes formalities, duck out. Rahul comes 1 down.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:27 pm

Rahul gone, mistimed hook; failed to impress, wasted a golden opportunity. India 5/2

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Kohli and Vijay have to bat through now. What a disastrous start ...

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:41 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Kohli and Vijay have to bat through now. What a disastrous start ...
*phew* that run out would've been a true disaster.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:55 pm

Damn it! it looked like was leaving the leg stump.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Sure enough that ball was missing leg stump by an inch, India can't seem to catch a break.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:01 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Damn it! it looked like was leaving the leg stump.
Very poor umpiring. The ball was clearly missing the leg stump. Vijay is unlucky.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:43 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Very poor umpiring. The ball was clearly missing the leg stump. Vijay is unlucky.
It looks like they are purposely giving bad decisions against India to force the BCCI to accept DRS.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:53 pm

nevada wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
It looks like they are purposely giving bad decisions against India to force the BCCI to accept DRS.
Unlike Kettleborough, Dharmasena is easily intimidated by the Aussies with all the shouting to get their way with him. I was impressed that Kettleborough didn't give Vijay out for a catch when the players were screaming knowing that the ball didn't touch the bat but only his hip.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next