Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India

+9
confuzzled dude
Petrichor
goodcitizn
Merlot Daruwala
bw
iTEDx
southindian
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 Empty Re: Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:03 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the mosques of cochin:
http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/photos/the-historic-mosques-of-cochin-slideshow/mosques-of-kerala-photo-1334912379.html

there is a sense that the architecture of these buildings are organic to the place they are built in. there is a stamp of something intrinsic to kerala. OTOH the taj mahal and other moghal buildings are certainly full of splendor but they are discordant with the shit that surrounds them. they look exactly like what they are -- arrogant expressions of an imperial kingdom.

kind of like the mosques built by the Nawabs of Arcot in Tamil Nadu?

Back to top Go down

Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 Empty Re: Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjT6z6Ss1w7kEb3RbgpdhBqkJkcd3x1XKVIGRc6LMQ_wECnqlIuA
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:14 pm

And in the Bay Area:
Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 Sanjosecityhall
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:15 pm

i haven't seen them (the nawab buildings) but one picture on the web looks like a poor man's moghal mausoleum. the kerala mosques OTOH use local materials (look at the red roof tiles), wooden lattice work and the roof lines of traditional homes in kerala.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:18 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i haven't seen them (the nawab buildings) but one picture on the web looks like a poor man's moghal mausoleum. the kerala mosques OTOH use local materials (look at the red roof tiles), wooden lattice work and the roof lines of traditional homes in kerala.

Kerala represents Kerala. It does not represent Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka. Only recently i gave a picture of the Gol Gumbaz which is in Karnataka and which looks like another mughal mausoleum and which is believed to have the second largest dome amongst all buildings existing today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:22 pm

forget the past... what's the pattern in today's new constructions? Who is following what architechture, design, etc... I mean when creating temples, mosques, or big public buildings, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Why is Rashmun not comparing UP temples with TN temples?

Looks like he is carried away by persian architecture borrowed by local monomaniacs. In reality, the persian and TN architectures were by pagan cultures, not of monomaniacs.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i haven't seen them (the nawab buildings) but one picture on the web looks like a poor man's moghal mausoleum. the kerala mosques OTOH use local materials (look at the red roof tiles), wooden lattice work and the roof lines of traditional homes in kerala.

Kerala represents Kerala. It does not represent Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka. Only recently i gave a picture of the Gol Gumbaz which is in Karnataka and which looks like another mughal mausoleum and which is believed to have the second largest dome amongst all buildings existing today.

my point is the buildings that the marakkayars and mappiLLAs built have a unique indigenous look. that's because these muslims are in their core tamilians and malayalis. the invaders who eventually formed the various delhi sultanates and the moghals built essentially persian buildings. their vassals built poor man replicas of the buildings built by their masters. the arcot nawabs are essentially knockoff moghals.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:50 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

my point is the buildings that the marakkayars and mappiLLAs built have a unique indigenous look. that's because these muslims are in their core tamilians and malayalis. the invaders who eventually formed the various delhi sultanates and the moghals built essentially persian buildings. their vassals built poor man replicas of the buildings built by their masters. the arcot nawabs are essentially knockoff moghals.

Il Professore, maybe they just didn't have the money to build structures with domes.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Rashmun wrote:Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 DSC02642

Reminds me of a large crowd watching in India an accident that involved a pricey Volvo some years back...

O' the epitome of Secularism:

Can you give us 3 examples of well known hindu monuments in UP ? something on the scale of Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Taj Mahal ???

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Il Professore, maybe they just didn't have the money to build structures with domes.

the cheraman juma masjid is older than any other islamic structure in india. this is not about money but about organic architecture which doesn't stick out incongruously from its surroundings. to repeat what i said, the mapiLLAs are malayalis fully integrated into where they found themselves. the moghals and other invaders were rulers who stuck their persian and turkish sensibilities forcefully in places they conquered. big difference.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:13 pm

W
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Reminds me of a large crowd watching in India an accident that involved a pricey Volvo some years back...

Can you give us 3 examples of well known hindu monuments in UP ?  something on the scale of Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Taj Mahal ???

One of the greatest temple complexes in India is Khajuraho. It is in Madhya Pradesh but very close to Uttar Pradesh. I think a two hour drive or so from Uttar Pradesh. You should see Khajuraho at least once in your lifetime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:14 pm

Khajuraho temples are "dead" temples. They were in use only for a short while. The Chandela (corrupted expression for chandratreya) dynasty was not from MP or UP. It was from Rajasthan.

TN's DKworshipping Kushboo would love to live in Khajuraho!

Come think of it, now that fukularists are thinking of building universities for minorities,  they should consider Khajuraho for burkha-clad women.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:31 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Khajuraho temples are "dead" temples. They were in use only for a short while. The Chandela (corrupted expression for chandratreya) dynasty was not from MP or UP. It was from Rajasthan.

TN's DKworshipping Kushboo would love to live in Khajuraho!

Come think of it, now that fukularists are thinking of building universities for minorities,  they should consider Khajuraho for burkha-clad women.

What is the philosophical interpretation for the presence of erotic carvings on temple walls?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Rashmun wrote:W

Can you give us 3 examples of well known hindu monuments in UP ?  something on the scale of Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Taj Mahal ???

One of the greatest temple complexes in India is Khajuraho. It is in Madhya Pradesh but very close to Uttar Pradesh. I think a two hour drive or so from Uttar Pradesh. You should see Khajuraho at least once in your lifetime.

Here is another example, this time in UP proper: Sarnath. Of course, this is not a hindu religious center, but a budhist one. It does have a stupa and it also has a tree which is believed to be sacred in as much as it is believed to be a direct descendant of the tree under which the Budha had given the very first sermon in his life. The tree at Sarnath was brought as a sapling from Sri Lanka: the sapling was a descendant of a Sri Lankan tree whose ancestor had been brought from Sarnath to Sri Lanka during or just after the times of Emperor Asoka. Many japanese and other budhists regularly visit Sarnath.
There are also many other interesting curiosities at Sarnath from the the times of Emperor Asoka at Sarnath including the sculpture that is the National Emblem of India:

Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 5732238646_8954aa172c_z

-----
Asokan Lions atop the Karnataka assembly:
Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 National-Emblem-of-India-atop-Vidhana-Soudha-Parliament-Building-Bangalore-Karnataka-India-
-------

More details on the National Emblem of India:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emblem_of_India

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:[

let me gently remind you that you curtly reminded MAX that TN is not Kerala, AP or Karnataka, when he responded to your comment on TN.

Same here. MP is not UP. This thread is about UP and you lose no time in praising UP, Dhilli and Moguls.

So give me 3 Hindu monuments in UP to balance islamic/persian monuments to prove that you are indeed secular and unbiased.

If you cannot list 3 hindu monuments in UP, can you tell us WHY and WHY NOT?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:00 am

let me gently remind you that you curtly reminded MAX that TN is not Kerala, AP or Karnataka, when he responded to your comment on TN.

Same here.  MP is not UP. This thread is about UP and you lose no time in praising UP, Dhilli and Moguls.

So give me 3 Hindu monuments in UP to balance islamic/persian monuments to prove that you are indeed secular and unbiased.

I just gave the example of Sarnath stupa and also the sacred Sarnath tree and also the Asokan Emblem. All of these are in UP. So i have given the three examples u wanted already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 am

Rashmun wrote:

Same here.  MP is not UP. This thread is about UP and you lose no time in praising UP, Dhilli and Moguls.

I just gave the example of Sarnath stupa and also the sacred Sarnath tree and also the Asokan Emblem. All of these are in UP. So i have given the three examples u wanted already.

btw Samiyaar, check out this post:
https://such.forumotion.com/t9079p100-any-admin-requests#105885

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:15 am

Rashmun wrote:

They are Budhist sympbols. Besides, when did a Tree become a Monument? Now dont digress, distract, or divert.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:20 am

Rashmun wrote:

They are Budhist sympbols.  Besides, when did a Tree become a Monument? Now dont digress, distract, or divert.

They are non-muslim monuments and many scholars have argued that the difference between hinduism and budhism is so minimal that hinduism may be regarded a superset of budhism. I believe this is also the view of your friend and guide sandilya. The sacred tree associated with Budhism is a very special tree; it is so important in Budhism that it may be considered a monument. After all, the Budha gave his first sermon under the ancestor of this sacred tree as i mentioned earlier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:55 am

Rashmun wrote:

They are Budhist sympbols.  Besides, when did a Tree become a Monument? Now dont digress, distract, or divert.

They are non-muslim monuments and many scholars have argued that the difference between hinduism and budhism is so minimal that hinduism may be regarded a superset of budhism. I believe this is also the view of your friend and guide sandilya. The sacred tree associated with Budhism is a very special tree; it is so important in Budhism that it may be considered a monument. After all, the Budha gave his first sermon under the ancestor of this sacred tree as i mentioned earlier.  [/quote]

No dice...three "H I N D U" monuments in UP please.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:56 am

Rashmun:

'What is the philosophical interpretation for the presence of erotic carvings on temple walls?"

That diverts the topic. However, let us see... Chandelas followed Tantric Hinduism. The temples depict the three levels of existence. In the kundalini system, the lowest (outward) and the highest (inward), in a peculiar way, are related. So, the erotic depicts either in the tantric tradition. Through erotic trance, visualizing Brahman is possible, according to Tantra. Apparently, Chandelas did participate in tantric "exercises" in Khajuraho (screwed around like Rajnish). Nityananda mahraj ki jai!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:06 am

Rashmun wrote:

They are non-muslim monuments and many scholars have argued that the difference between hinduism and budhism is so minimal that hinduism may be regarded a superset of budhism. I believe this is also the view of your friend and guide sandilya. The sacred tree associated with Budhism is a very special tree; it is so important in Budhism that it may be considered a monument. After all, the Budha gave his first sermon under the ancestor of this sacred tree as i mentioned earlier.  

No dice...three "H I N D U" monuments in UP please.[/quote]

There are around 10,000 (ten thousand) hindu temples in Vrindavan alone. So UP is flooded with one temple after another. I will not pick out one temple over another. After all, that would be an insult to the other temples.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:09 am

Two of my favorite hindu temples of UP are the Sankat Mochan temple and the Kashi Vishwanath temple, both in Varanasi. The reason for this is that I have some fond memories of visiting these two temples.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:10 am

Rashmun wrote:[

There are around 10,000 (ten thousand)  hindu temples in Vrindavan alone. So UP is flooded with one temple after another. I will not pick out one temple over another. After all, that would be an insult to the other temples.

Be a real man and say openly "I dont know. I am not able to cite 3 hindu monuments, bcz they were all destroyed by the iSlamic rapists and looters."

But, that will be too much to expect from you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:22 am

There are around 10,000 (ten thousand)  hindu temples in Vrindavan alone. So UP is flooded with one temple after another. I will not pick out one temple over another. After all, that would be an insult to the other temples.

Be a real man and say openly "I dont know. I am not able to cite 3 hindu monuments, bcz they were all destroyed by the iSlamic rapists and looters."

what about the 10,000 temples in Vrindavan?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:29 am

Rashmun wrote:

what about the 10,000 temples in Vrindavan?

YOU WIN

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:39 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Uttar_Pradesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:59 pm

Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 Panoramic_View_of_TajMahal

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:57 am

Why this sudden push for UP tourism? The state has failed pathetically in building out a good tourist industry despite having some of the best historical assets like the Taj. But for the monuments, built so many centuries ago, there is nothing else to do in Agra. It is just an out-of-control slum with filth everywhere.

And that is true of all the other tourist spots in UP. You can make out you're getting close to Vrindavan from the stink. There are swarms of flies, heaps of garbage, children defecating in the open and puddles of raw sewage.

What kind of a tourist experience does this make? Why would anybody spend their precious holiday time and money for this? Speaking for myself, the only place in UP I would like to visit is Lucknow and that too only for the food.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:22 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Why this sudden push for UP tourism? The state has failed pathetically in building out a good tourist industry despite having some of the best historical assets like the Taj. But for the monuments, built so many centuries ago, there is nothing else to do in Agra. It is just an out-of-control slum with filth everywhere.

And that is true of all the other tourist spots in UP. You can make out you're getting close to Vrindavan from the stink. There are swarms of flies, heaps of garbage, children defecating in the open and puddles of raw sewage.

What kind of a tourist experience does this make? Why would anybody spend their precious holiday time and money for this? Speaking for myself, the only place in UP I would like to visit is Lucknow and that too only for the food.

This is with respect to pollution, stink, etc.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooum_River

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:26 am

These pictures are depicting the garbage crisis in Bangalore:

Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 12BGUNCLEARED_GARB_1295583f

Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 30BGPAGE3_1251989f
Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 21BGGARBAGE_1244035g
Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 21garbage1_crp_4_0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:38 am

And these pictures are of Chennai:

Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 21THMEDAVAKKAM_312529f
Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 Chennai_0105
Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 22THMOGAPPAIR_761498f
Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 Pc0060800
Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 TH-WASTE_1216335f

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:41 am

Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 Article-2173124-0DAE264700000578-38_964x604

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:53 am

Haha..Rashmun, yes, these pictures of the garbage pile-up crisis in Bangalore some months back certainly look very Vrindavan-ish.

This is one of the reasons I don't go around posting threads titled "Karnataka the pride of India" featuring the state's tourist attractions. What's the point taking pride in things built long ago, when everything else around is filthy and decaying and a matter of the utmost shame today.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:11 am

on another note MD:

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130623/jsp/7days/story_17038125.jsp#.Ucfi8Pnq2ds

Hot property
Actor Anil Kapoor doesn’t just know the movie business — he seems to have a nose for real estate as well. He was in Bangalore last week for the launch of a villa complex, where he had booked a Rs 4 crore property for his daughter Sonam. Kapoor says he visits Bangalore often to scout for property — he believes it’s a hot real estate destination. “Bangalore is the place to be for real estate investors,” he says. So if you want to see your money grow “one, two ka four”, you know where to head to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:16 am

Rashmun, clearly you believe we SUCHers are biased against you and are blind to the exquisite charms of Agra, so here's a reality check from people who don't know you at all and have no NI-SI biases:

Phil: "The town of Agra is just another filth and pollution laden pit like so many other towns, and offers nothing attractive. ...Until you drive up the road and see the white marble towers of the Taj Mahal in the distance, an island of paramount architectural beauty in the midst of a foul city."

Jamie:"The city of Agra is, I decided, one of the most appalling places I’ve ever visited. It is the filthiest and most neglected place I’ve seen in my month and a half in India. Poverty of the most unimaginable scale everywhere. Filth of the worst degree. I was attacked by a herd of disgusting cows on my way to the Jaim Mosque (Friday Mosque), which only added to my ever deteriorating mood. The mosque itself was fairly average and the people inside were eager for large donations so I left and wandered for a few minutes round the bazaars, giving Agra a chance to redeem its self. This it was unable to do. Agra clearly makes zero effort to attract tourists as the Taj Mahal does that for it, and as a result the city is woeful and the people horrible."

Andy: The heat was 38C, sweat poured from every pore relentlessly. Exhaust fumes clogged up my throat making it difficult to breathe. I trudged from Agra Cantt station through the forecourt and out onto a busy main road, rubbish was piled everywhere, cows, rats, pigs and goats gorged on a feast of waste meat, vegetables, discarded plastic and faeces, both human and animal. Auto-rickshaws, taxis, buses, bicycles and bullock carts made the going heavy, the small bag I was carrying already seeming like a foolish and unnecessary burden, even over a distance of under half a mile...... food was being prepared, cooked and served within six feet of a cess pit of such utter filth and squalor that disease was sure to be not just possible, but rife. As we crossed the sewer by way of a couple of wooden boards lazily laid out across the open trench I succumbed, I retched at the stench, the combination of the shit, rotten food, heat, spice and exhaust fumes was too intoxicating to bear for a western stomach, the Indians not seeming to mind. They were used to it.......There were also flies. Thousands of them. We were in 38C heat, a foot away from an open sewer, with a cauldron of hot curry and piles of rotting vegetable matter covering every surface. Flies were everywhere. The flies did not once land on us, presumably as the other distractions were too attractive in comparison with human sweat. In itself, this was an incredible experience."

Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by iTEDx Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:27 am

The pics you posted of the overflowing garbage are obviously disgusting, but that could be any city in India, including Mumbai and Delhi (may be not Goa or Pondicherry or Leh), but apart from a few, those pictures could have been taken just about in any city (or town) and , if in a bigger city, they could even be in  a "posh" neighborhood (check out the costliest neighborhoods in Bombay, areas surrounding the Ambanis for instance). What are you going to do about it? That's how Indian people and government  are . People in general have no civic sense, and the municipality is apathetic. 

IMO the best looking (by US standard as well) and best maintained localities in India are those maintained by the Army, they are frikking gorgeous. Any Cantonese area in any city or town (including the northindian cities that I have seen), have manicured laws, well maintained sidewalks, clean roads lined with trimmed beautiful hedges and trees. And another would be Lutyen's Delhi- simply gorgeous, you don't feel you are in India in that part of the city!

iTEDx

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:02 am

I think it's safe to say Agra is the shithole of the Mughals. Wow other states should be jealous...UP has two shitholes, and we're still counting. It also produced a shithole rat, one can clearly see

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:23 am

Rashmun wrote:And these pictures are of Chennai:

Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 21THMEDAVAKKAM_312529f
Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 Chennai_0105
Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 22THMOGAPPAIR_761498f
Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 Pc0060800
Uttar Pradesh:The pride of India - Page 2 TH-WASTE_1216335f

Rashmun, why didn't you post this under, "Chennai: Tamil pride Shit-hole"?

Max, please do the needful and categorize Chennai shit-hole as thread, so we can discuss.

southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:27 am

southindian wrote:Rashmun, why didn't you post this under, "Chennai: Tamil pride Shit-hole"?

Max, please do the needful and categorize Chennai shit-hole as thread, so we can discuss.

Avivek, you are angry. You are upset. The appropriate title for a thread analogous to the current one would be "Tamil Nadu: The pride of India".

But if shit-holes interest you more - and there's nothing wrong with that - feel free to start a thread on that too.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:39 am

iTEDx wrote:The pics you posted of the overflowing garbage are obviously disgusting, but that could be any city in India, including Mumbai and Delhi (may be not Goa or Pondicherry or Leh),...
all areas with non-hindu influence! moreover, no place is more hindu than banares. i didn't say it, you and the hindu peepals here did.

and i actually disagree that the garbage-sewage problem is indian or hindu; it's poverty and lack of education that cause it.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:45 am

That dog looks clean enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:49 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
southindian wrote:Rashmun, why didn't you post this under, "Chennai: Tamil pride Shit-hole"?

Avivek, you are angry. You are upset. The appropriate title for a thread analogous to the current one would be "Tamil Nadu: The pride of India".

But if shit-holes interest you more - and there's nothing wrong with that - feel free to start a thread on that too.

Sorry, I was referring to a similar thread on Varanasi - shit hole of the gods. You may not have seen that thread.

Whats Avivek? who?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by iTEDx Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:50 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
iTEDx wrote:The pics you posted of the overflowing garbage are obviously disgusting, but that could be any city in India, including Mumbai and Delhi (may be not Goa or Pondicherry or Leh),...
all areas with non-hindu influence! moreover, no place is more hindu than banares. i didn't say it, you and the hindu peepals here did.

and i actually disagree that the garbage-sewage problem is indian or hindu; it's poverty and lack of education that cause it.
 Thats such bullshit! There is no correlation even! Have you seen the muslim areas in Mumbai Akbar Ali road? Or the muslim areas in old Delhi? Or the christian areas along Aksa, Marve, Gorai beaches in Mumbai? They all are filthy! The common denominator is poverty, not religion. (And you equivocated - you did indeed say non-hindu places are clean and then quickly retracted that statement and said religion is not a factor)

iTEDx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2